Loan Watch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Loan Watch

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:15 pm 33m
Ouch.
It wasn't
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:23 am Good and Bad night for Max, Koch on the scoresheet too
IMG_2729.jpeg
You’d have got good odds on all that happening.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:34 pm If is contract with us expires at the end of the season, surely we sell in January rather than let him go as a free agent next summer ?.

Anything in the bank is better than nothing.
Not if he can sign a pre signing contract... that would mean he'd be contracted to sign for whomever it is in the summer without hitting the free agent market...

Very unlikely Koch would have signed a new contract with us so we'd have likely lost him anyway even had we stayed up...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:44 am It wasn't
What wasn’t.
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:17 am What wasn’t.
OUT!

The ball was on the line!

Chalk flew up!

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:33 am OUT!

The ball was on the line!

Chalk flew up!

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!
Is this the tennis thread? If so Andy Murray is a twat.
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:35 am Is this the tennis thread? If so Andy Murray is a twat.
Shame you should think that as he speaks very highly of you :)
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:17 am What wasn’t.
33M ... around 27M euros, 24M pounds. One of Marsch's additions
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:39 am Shame you should think that as he speaks very highly of you :)
Yeah. He’s coming for Xmas again unfortunately. Not sure we’ll fit his wife’s hair in the house though.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Andy`s a good lad, quality tennis player, pity he is Scottish though :)
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

What happens to our loans now?
IMG_20240116_115924.jpg
Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Absolutely not a hope Union Berlin (or anyone else) give us £25mil for Brenden Aaronson in the summer.

Been a massive flop in Germany.

0 goals 0 assists now barely makes the pitch (has actually only played 650 minutes or so all season.

I'd be amazed as well if Everton have the £20mil to buy Jack Harrison in the summer and would want to

Fan patience with him has gone , Everton fans now saying exactly the same things about him many of us did.

1 good game in 10, final ball/end product is crap, works hard, maybe a full back etc.

So on the assumption they do return next season would anyone want them back? Or are they the same as the other cowards? Suppose atleast Aaronson's Mum didn't say "fook no" when asked about returning to LUFC :roll:

And if you don't want them back what would you do with them? Loan? Sell at a loss?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

To be honest, I’ve forgotten about them all now. I couldn’t give a toss what happens to their careers personally.

Just make the best financially out of the whole sorry mess as we can and move on.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:12 pm Absolutely not a hope Union Berlin (or anyone else) give us £25mil for Brenden Aaronson in the summer.

0 goals 0 assists now barely makes the pitch (has actually only played 650 minutes or so all season.

I'd be amazed as well if Everton have the £20mil to buy Jack Harrison in the summer and would want to

Fan patience with him has gone , Everton fans now saying exactly the same things about him many of us did.

1 good game in 10, final ball/end product is crap, works hard, maybe a full back etc.

So on the assumption they do return next season would anyone want them back? Or are they the same as the other cowards? Suppose atleast Aaronson's Mum didn't say "fook no" when asked about returning to LUFC :roll:

And if you don't want them back what would you do with them? Loan? Sell at a loss?
We'd have to keep them if no buyers or loans. We couldn't afford to sell at a loss, or we'd be in danger of failing ffp and probably have to offload Archie Gray to prevent the threat of a points deduction.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:12 pm Absolutely not a hope Union Berlin (or anyone else) give us £25mil for Brenden Aaronson in the summer.

I would have thought that if Harrison is sold then it would all be seen as profit ffp wise - or if not then we don't have much liability left with him. The only ray of light with most of the others is that at least hey now have 2 years of their value wiped off ffp wise so even though we would likely sell at big losses it won't be as much, ffp wise, as it is just based on what we bought them for.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Does anyone really think harrison will want to stay at everton if they get relegated !!
I don't thimk he'll make his mind up until they're either up or down, it will be a long wait, hopefully they get relegated.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:28 pm Does anyone really think harrison will want to stay at everton if they get relegated !!
I don't thimk he'll make his mind up until they're either up or down, it will be a long wait, hopefully they get relegated.
I was surprised and a bit disappointed that he went to Everton where he started his loan well but slowly has been on a downward spiral as the weeks have gone on. I am not now sure if I am that bothered if he returns to Leeds or not. In essence he has stalled in terms of development and career progression. He has also been expressing his happiness at being at Everton time and again and if that is his preference so be it. I think he would struggle to get game time in our current side. LUFC has moved on and does not need JH thanks.
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:51 pm I was surprised and a bit disappointed that he went to Everton where he started his loan well but slowly has been on a downward spiral as the weeks have gone on. I am not now sure if I am that bothered if he returns to Leeds or not. In essence he has stalled in terms of development and career progression. He has also been expressing his happiness at being at Everton time and again and if that is his preference so be it. I think he would struggle to get game time in our current side. LUFC has moved on and does not need JH thanks.
Oddly enough, I've been saying this for 3 seasons now, glad we are shot of him
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I think Harrison has been doing well for Everton. But do agree that they probably don't have the money. Other premier league clubs would pay it though. Sinisterra just went for the same price. Harrison is certainly better value for money. But I'd take him back at Leeds too. Would be a decent squad member for us next season.

Phil Hay has been making same point on Aaronson. He thinks all loanees will be sold. But says we'll struggle to get money back on Aaronson. Probably something closer to 15 million. In his case, I think the club did intend to send him out on loan and bring him back upon promotion. He has time on his contract. So my guess is that we'll probably be stuck with him.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:26 pm I think Harrison has been doing well for Everton. But do agree that they probably don't have the money. Other premier league clubs would pay it though. Sinisterra just went for the same price. Harrison is certainly better value for money. But I'd take him back at Leeds too. Would be a decent squad member for us next season.

Phil Hay has been making same point on Aaronson. He thinks all loanees will be sold. But says we'll struggle to get money back on Aaronson. Probably something closer to 15 million. In his case, I think the club did intend to send him out on loan and bring him back upon promotion. He has time on his contract. So my guess is that we'll probably be stuck with him.
I honestly think we'd be more likely to be getting offers around £5m, max £10m, for him. He has failed in England and Germany so only has his good form in Austria as a plus. I can't see any clubs from the richer leagues coming in for him and so it is likely to be some league equivalent to the Austrian one whereby a team would be looking for a low cost gamble in the hope he would impress and then be sold.