Wilfried Gnonto

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Wilfried Gnonto

Post by 1964white »

Madron wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:17 pm Looking forward to seeing him on thursday, hopefully more centrally as he usually does for Italy.
Be nice to see him terrorise Englands CBs.
Should be fun 8-)
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Gnonto Selling Price

Post by Ratscoot »

Apparently Leeds have set a selling price for Willy, seems somewhat low to me :duno:

https://www.theleedspress.com/leeds-uni ... fer-35228/
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Gnonto Selling Price

Post by Cjay »

We only got £55mil for Raph when he was a £70-80mil player.

Will depend on how desperate we are for money whenever we sell Gnonto or anyone else.

We were clearly desperate last summer given we did the unusual thing of demanding the majority up front.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Will also depend on what league we are in. If we get relegated, then we are even more at the mercy of the vultures. The hope has to be that we stay up, the Niners buy out goes ahead and they slap a Not for Sale sign on him. Also worth stating that, whilst he looks to have all the attributes to have a very bright future, there's no guarantee that potential will be realised. He's only 19, he's not an established Prem player yet, so he shouldn't be in any rush to go and warm the bench at a big club. I hope he has good people advising him, it isn't all about chasing the money.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Gets on my wotsits all this bull**it talk of our players leaving. They may, they may not go. Any player may leave any club, who knows? At this moment in time they are Leeds Utd players end of!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

whiteswan wrote:Gets on my wotsits all this bull**it talk of our players leaving. They may, they may not go. Any player may leave any club, who knows? At this moment in time they are Leeds Utd players end of!
Me too. FFS let's get this season out of the way and then assess.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Gnonto is an incredible player for his age. His game awareness is superb and he nearly always makes the right decision.

If we can hang on to him for another season or 2 he will be worth mega money.
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:16 pm We only got £55mil for Raph when he was a £70-80mil player.

Will depend on how desperate we are for money whenever we sell Gnonto or anyone else.

We were clearly desperate last summer given we did the unusual thing of demanding the majority up front.
I think you over value the player Cjay. But that's just my opinion. He's not really been tearing it up playing for one of the best teams in a lower standard league. He's just been good in my opinion. About like a 55M player.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Ratscoot wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:46 pm seems somewhat low to me :duno:
He does seem low, I'd say about 5 foot 6?
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Mountain wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:15 pm He does seem low, I'd say about 5 foot 6?
He's here all week :lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
hector

Post by hector »

Ratscoot wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:24 pm He's here all week :lol: :lol:
Not necessarily......... I have the ban button :duno: :angel:

:) :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:01 pm I think you over value the player Cjay. But that's just my opinion. He's not really been tearing it up playing for one of the best teams in a lower standard league. He's just been good in my opinion. About like a 55M player.
Had a tough start at Barcelona absolutely.

But he has been immense since the World Cup.

Just put in a match winning performance against Real Madrid.

Is top 3 for big chances created in La Liga.

Is Barcelona's 2nd top scorer in all competitions behind Lewandowski and is the top for assists.

Has 18 goal contributions in total which is only bettered by Lewandowski.

He was always going to succeed never had any doubt.

£70-80mil player when we sold him easy.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:50 pm Gets on my wotsits all this bull**it talk of our players leaving. They may, they may not go. Any player may leave any club, who knows? At this moment in time they are Leeds Utd players end of!
Well done and we get it every season.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:16 pm We only got £55mil for Raph when he was a £70-80mil player.

Demanding the money from Barca up front was roundly acclaimed as being a GOOD MOVE as they have al long history of not paying up on time. More good bloody sense than anything.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:49 pm Demanding the money from Barca up front was roundly acclaimed as being a GOOD MOVE as they have al long history of not paying up on time. More good bloody sense than anything.
We demanded the same from Chelsea and Arsenal as well.

It made sense to ask It if Barcelona I agree.

But it's clear that it was us who needed it up front as well and therefore you will limit how much you can ask for in total.
Signed

King Cjay

JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

hector wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:30 pm Not necessarily......... I have the ban button :duno: :angel:

:lol: :roflmao: :lol: :roflmao:
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:15 pm We demanded the same from Chelsea and Arsenal as well.

It made sense to ask It if Barcelona I agree.

But it's clear that it was us who needed it up front as well and therefore you will limit how much you can ask for in total.
Let's not forget that those two players were both determined to leave and determined to sign for their chosen clubs. They were two good servants to us and helped us immeasurably and deserved to play on their the big stage. That was the limiting factor.
Apart from throwing the two of them into the U21s there was not much we could do fee wise.

And the money was reinvested into the squad which was probably a surprise to a few on here who had visions of the board making escape from Leeds Bradford Airport with suitcases crammed with tenners.

Getting £90M from a homegrown and a sub £20M purchase is a decent bit of profit.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:50 pm Gets on my wotsits all this bull**it talk of our players leaving. They may, they may not go. Any player may leave any club, who knows? At this moment in time they are Leeds Utd players end of!
I'm not even thinking about it, nor will Leeds right now, Swannie.

Survival in the PL is of the utmost importance!

I'm looking forward to watching Willy run rings around England though, on Thursday evening 8-)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:30 pm Not necessarily......... I have the ban button :duno: :angel:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:26 pm Let's not forget that those two players were both determined to leave and determined to sign for their chosen clubs. They were two good servants to us and helped us immeasurably and deserved to play on their the big stage. That was the limiting factor.
Apart from throwing the two of them into the U21s there was not much we could do fee wise.

And the money was reinvested into the squad which was probably a surprise to a few on here who had visions of the board making escape from Leeds Bradford Airport with suitcases crammed with tenners.

Getting £90M from a homegrown and a sub £20M purchase is a decent bit of profit.
We were more than happy to sell them and had no intention of playing hard ball.

The club even used the media to spread that message and Radz said as much 6 months before we sold them.

Hardly puts the selling club in a strong position.

Anyway I won't ever change my mind, Raph and KP being sold for less than £100mil was poor business and the club being soft touches didn't help.

All that we don't want to be obstructive nonsense they fed to Phil Hay and Radz telling the world in an interview we'd sell players in the summer.

We were in a position of weakness and it showed in the price.

Brighton turned down £70mil for Caicedo and got £50mil for Ben White.

Anyhow on topic.

I don't expect Gnonto to be sold this summer tbh
Signed

King Cjay