Weston McKennie

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by The Subhuman »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:50 pm He'd be great in the Championship if we go down..... ;-)
He'd be great in the prem if we don't
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:49 pm I met an Everton fan the other day ( defo a rarity over here)

Anyway we got chatting and shared war stories for a while then it got round 8-)to this fella.
The Everton fan said he had watched a lot of Juve and said that he loved the player and thought we had snapped up a bargain.
Thing is though he was playing in a midfield who have players in there who can thread a ball through a needle, Rabiot and Locatelli. Kulusevski as a 10.

He was fine in buzzing around and putting out fires but we have Adams for that. And Forshaw haha. At Juve there was so much creativity in there Weston didnt have to stress about that side of his game t

We look more solid with him but it comes with the expense of putting even more pressure on the offensive players.

I just wonder if he is a good fit for us.
Didn't have to stress about it doesn't mean he doesn't have it. As I say reminds me of Klich who was very creative albeit not in the same way as Pablo. With Klich it was clever passes and runs no one else saw possible. McKennie is the same type of player.

Adams is a box to box which means he's often AWOL when it comes to teams breaking on us.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:50 pm He'd be great in the Championship if we go down..... ;-)
Oh no he wouldn't, not without Bert, you see not many could do what Bert did with KP it was extraordinary, 'it' was mainly all down to his reading of the play, other stuff as well, you've obviously got to be able to play a bit, but positional sense and reading the play worked wonders for him.

Jeez i'd have been mega interested if Bert could work with McKennie and TA, TA probably being too much to convert from his instinctive play and running, McKennie might be a more interesting proposition, I think Brenden would be fine.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:42 pm Not directed at you Kenny. It' been my observation that you give players and Managers time to prove themselves. And you are not quick to turn on players. By the way....I'm going to have to re-watch the Fulham match and see if I can figure out what "it" is. You have me intrigued.

Have fun at the Pub! Cheers Mate.
Well it was there in all it's glory v Fulham Paul, this might help ya.....David Silva my all time fav Prem import and player had 'it' in spades, Jeez if Bert had a full team of David Silva's it would be like the Harlem Globetrotters of football my friend.

And yes you could even put one of him in the nets because a goalkeeper would not be needed in such a team.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:54 pm Didn't have to stress about it doesn't mean he doesn't have it. As I say reminds me of Klich who was very creative albeit not in the same way as Pablo. With Klich it was clever passes and runs no one else saw possible. McKennie is the same type of player.

Adams is a box to box which means he's often AWOL when it comes to teams breaking on us.
Great but we need to see it from him then. I fear three of him Roca and Adams just wont have enough going forward.
I still havent gotten over his "pass" to Aaronson on saturday :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:49 pm I met an Everton fan the other day ( defo a rarity over here)

Anyway we got chatting and shared war stories for a while then it got round 8-)to this fella.
The Everton fan said he had watched a lot of Juve and said that he loved the player and thought we had snapped up a bargain.
Thing is though he was playing in a midfield who have players in there who can thread a ball through a needle, Rabiot and Locatelli. Kulusevski as a 10.

He was fine in buzzing around and putting out fires but we have Adams for that. And Forshaw haha. At Juve there was so much creativity in there Weston didnt have to stress about that side of his game t

We look more solid with him but it comes with the expense of putting even more pressure on the offensive players.

I just wonder if he is a good fit for us.
Basically what the Juventus forum was full of people saying.

Good at putting himself about and getting the ball and driving forward with it to get you up the pitch, good at keeping it simple.

But match winning passes and bits of class, no.

A bit more of a forward thinking Forshaw.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:38 pm Basically what the Juventus forum was full of people saying.

Good at putting himself about and getting the ball and driving forward with it to get you up the pitch, good at keeping it simple.

You reckon Weston hasn't shown 'bits of class'?

You should've gone Specsavers :roflmao:

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:38 pm Basically what the Juventus forum was full of people saying.

You'll need to rebuild your credibility after that comparison.... :lol:
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:53 pm You'll need to rebuild your credibility after that comparison.... :lol:
True

Adam Forshaw has never said this
An American Frank Lampard?

:)
Signed

King Cjay

BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Not sure if anyone saw the video posted on the Leeds YouTube Channel. Nice moment walking out to the training pitch with McKennie conversing with Robin Koch in German. Probably asking if he had a Strudel right Cjay??? :lol:
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:10 am Not sure if anyone saw the video posted on the Leeds YouTube Channel. Nice moment walking out to the training pitch with McKennie conversing with Robin Koch in German. Probably asking if he had a Strudel right Cjay??? :lol:
Not quite Paul no.

I have it on good authority the conversation went like this

Mckennie- So Rob, how's your day bro?

Koch- wunderbar

McKennie- Awesome bro, so you ever had a Strudel?

Koch- Yes my wife cooked me one for lunch today, its my favourite.

McKennie- Right on bro, where is it?

Koch- Itz in my locker.

McKennie- Not anymore bro, was awesome.

McKennie then walked away cackling manically following a trail of crumbs back to his car.

Stopping only to high five Chris Armas who appeared from round the corner.

Thats his job now, high fiving McKennie after he reveals his food theft

Full time job
Signed

King Cjay

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:44 am Not quite Paul no.

Koch- wunderbar

Koch- Itz in my locker.

McKennie then walked away cackling manically following a trail of crumbs back to his car.

Full time job

?

Have you been at the Sherry again ?

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:10 am Not sure if anyone saw the video posted on the Leeds YouTube Channel. Nice moment walking out to the training pitch with McKennie conversing with Robin Koch in German. Probably asking if he had a Strudel right Cjay??? :lol:
I thought we won the war?

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:44 am Not quite Paul no.

Koch- wunderbar

Koch- Itz in my locker.

Full time job
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Football/Futbol/Soccer
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:29 am I thought we won the war?
Nah Mate. WE won the war.....You lot would still be speaking German ffs. ;-)
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:28 am Nah Mate. WE won the war.....You lot would still be speaking German ffs. ;-)

You joined in at half time when we were outnumbered 16-1, was more injury time actually.

We gave you one job, get off Omaha beach :roll: look at the fcking mess you made.

Don't believe all that Hollywood tells you ;-)

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I like to remember the story my Grandad used to tell us, he landed at Juno with the Canadians ( yeah they were in it as well tha knows) after fighting their way off and taking heavy casualties themselves, one of my Grandads mates asked a Canadian officer on hearing the Yanks were struggling at Omaha 'Shall we go and help the Yanks down the road'.....and a swift response from the Canadian officer....."fck em, they told us all they were the best, we've done our job" ;-) ....All's fair in love and war.

And going off your photo, you can't just call yourself an American just because your great grandparents left Europe.

You're most likely as Anglo Saxon as me and possibly Irish ancestry like me, we are not Indians my friend, of that i'm sure, although it appears you once had 'long hair'

So did the Saxons.

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:40 am You joined in at half time when we were outnumbered 16-1, was more injury time actually.

We gave you one job, get off Omaha beach :roll: look at the fcking mess you made.

Don't believe all that Hollywood tells you ;-)
Who manufactured the guns? The Tanks? The Bombers that brought Germany to her knees? Here's a hint mate. Much of it was manufactured in my home State of Michigan in converted auto plants.

I'm not downplaying the bravery of the British military or people. This is just friendly banter between allies. And for the record...General Montgomery was a bigger prick than Patton. And that's saying something. :lol:
Football/Futbol/Soccer
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:48 am I like to remember the story my Grandad used to tell us, he landed at Juno with the Canadians ( yeah they were in it as well tha knows) after fighting their way off and taking heavy casualties themselves, one of my Grandads mates asked a Canadian officer on hearing the Yanks were struggling at Omaha 'Shall we go and help the Yanks down the road'.....and a swift response from the Canadian officer....."fck em, they told us all they were the best, we've done our job" ;-) ....All's fair in love and war.

And going off your photo, you can't just call yourself an American just because your great grandparents left Europe.

You're most likely as Anglo Saxon as me and possibly Irish ancestry like me, we are not Indians my friend, of that i'm sure, although it appears you once had 'long hair'

So did the Saxons.
My respect to your Grandfather. May his Memory be Eternal!!

As for my ancestry. Swedish and Dutch. Not an ounce of Anglo Saxon blood in me.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:49 am My respect to your Grandfather. May his Memory be Eternal!!

As for my ancestry. Swedish and Dutch. Not an ounce of Anglo Saxon blood in me.
Gotta admit you do look like a Skandi.

Brigantes myself.

;@)