The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 25th January) - Fabrizio Romano: McKennie agrees personal terms with Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 25th January) - Fabrizio Romano: McKennie agrees personal terms with Leeds

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 25th January, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

McKennie agrees personal terms with Leeds

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has reported that Victor Orta has discussed personal terms with Juve's combative midfielder Weston McKennie. The USA international is beleived to have agreed with the contract proposal, personal terms are not an issue. Negotiations are now between Leeds and 'the Old Lady'. The update comes after media outlet 90min.com reported that a number of top flight English teams, including Leeds have been offered his services on a try before you buy basis. The combative 24 year old midfielder has slipped down the pecking order at the Allianz Stadium, and could be available at a cut-down price. If Leeds were to make the move, they would only need Pulisic to complete an all American National midfield line-up.

Foxes line up audacious Harrison bid

With only six days of the transfer window open, Leicester City have been linked with an audacious £35m bid for Jack Harrison. The 26 year old has recently been enjoying a new lease of life in a more central role allowing Gnonto to terrorise his opponents down the left wing. On his day Harrison can be unplayable, but these occasions have been few and far between this campaign. We must also remember that he has less than 18 months left on his three year contract, though contract talks with his agent remain encouraging.

Leeds certainly won't let him leave without a replacement being lined up. The breaking news regarding Weston McKennie would certainly add credence to the Leicester story. Would you swap the services of Harrison for McKennie?

Leeds face Accrington Stanley in the Cup at the weekend

Jesse Marsch was among the crowd, to watch Accrington Stanley beat Boreham Wood last night, though it took extra time, and a penalty to separate them. It means that Leeds face a last minute trip down to the Wham Stadium at the weekend (Saturday at 12:30pm), hoping to reach the last sixteen for the first time since 2013. The Owd Reds beat the young Whites (U21's) a couple of seasons ago 7-0. There's a fair chance, Leeds will get their revenge.

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 25th January) McKennie discussing terms with Orta

Post by The Subhuman »

35 mill would be an excellent return for Jack as it looks like he's going to be a back up midfielder soon, but I'd prefer to keep him at ER

Thought we were getting Dan James back too btw, what happened there?

with Rutter arriving, Sinisterra back to fitness and Aaronson, Gnonto, Summerville all vying for game time, not to mention McKennie possible coming. I'm not sure Jack needs replacing
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 25th January) McKennie discussing terms with Orta

Post by Clitheroe White »

faaip wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:48 am with Rutter arriving, Sinisterra back to fitness and Aaronson, Gnonto, Summerville all vying for game time, not to mention McKennie possible coming. I'm not sure Jack needs replacing
My thoughts exactly
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

Mckennie fits the bill for Marsch style tactics (high pace, combative). Not what I would want which is a ball playing maestro (Pablo-esque).

This all feels very one dimensional

The plan is totally clear...we are aiming to be the biggest EPL club in the USA. Not sure what to feel about that. Really don't want to see us (or any EPL team) going for USA based league matches.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

If we can get McKennie in for a decent price that would be awesome.

We could play him with Adams and stick Roca, Aaronson or Rutter further up the pitch.

Exactly what we need, competition for places.

Weston looked a quality and confident player in the World Cup and will be a great foil for Adams.

Attack and midfield sorted and just need to address the defence in the summer. Extending Llorente's contract was a backward step when we're trying to improve the squad and progress.

The more our old guard gets sifted out the better, as they are just going to stunt our progression, I can't even be bothered mentioning their names.

Harrison can go today for me, we've plenty up top and he still is inconsistent and lacks confidence. All the better if we get good money for him.

This process of squad rejuvenation should have progressed earlier and we wouldn't be in our current predicament, but at least the guys making the decisions have finally woke up and smelled the coffee.

Defence needs major surgery in the summer.

In the Cup, enough with the bullshit experimental teams, that's been going on way too long, and we've suffered numerous humiliations as a result of that approach.

Jesse needs to put his strongest team out. I'm not sure Rutter's introduction would be best on a ploughed field, getting his arse kicked all afternoon. But I'm sure he's itching to get involved, he seems like a lethal and positive force.

So Jesse, put your best team out on Saturday, end of.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

It would be nice to sign a central midfielder who scores goals.

Oh how we miss Pablo?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Don't know anything about the player, but I really don't think we should be putting all our eggs in the USA/ Marsch basket. It's starting to feel more like a marketing ploy than a management strategy.

£35 is a good price for Jack, but I wouldn't sell, especially not to a direct competitor.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:43 am It would be nice to sign a central midfielder who scores goals.

Oh how we miss Pablo?
Absolutely it makes a massive difference - this is part of the reason Newcastle have improved so significantly and Arsenal for that matter.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Raphinha replaced Pablo, Sinisterra replaced Raphinha and he's unfortunately been injured but does look like he can hit the back of the net.... Rutter may also be that guy.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

They are certainly backing Marsch so he has zero excuses if our form dosnt pick up - you would expect any loan to buy deal for McKennie would be dependent on whether or not we stay in the league and that might be a sticking point.

If there is a genuine offer for that amount for Harrison then I think we will sell him - he has always been a dependable and a frustrating player and I would be sad to see him go but he dosnt really fit in at the moment
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 25th January) - Fabrizio Romano: McKennie agrees personal terms with Leeds

Post by SG90 »

Agree that we need a Pablo more than anything, though I believe Rutter can play there.

I like Harrison and would like to keep him, but we can't really turn down £35m if offered.

We should be playing our strongest possible side. I'd only rest Adams and Rodrigo tbh. Don't play the u21s, or we will lose.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 25th January) - Fabrizio Romano: McKennie agrees personal terms with Leeds

Post by Chilli D »

Strange that Leicester want Harrison when he occupies the same position as Harvey Barnes, one of their best players.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Wham stadium...

Will Jesse release his young guns? Let the puninng begin!

McKennie... nice hairdo all it needs is a few flashing LEDs

Will need to sell someone... Jackie my boy, fancy studying under a real manager now?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Go to Toon Jack. No competition with us atm unlike the Foxes
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

A no brainer selling Jack for £35 Mill and getting another midfielder in

Jack constantly holds on to the ball too long and runs into dead ends. He doesn't get his head up and reads the play badly mostly

Gnonto, on the other hand, reads the game really well and seems to be aware of where other players are

Thanks for the service Jack but it's time to go
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

If we can get McKennie on loan its a no brainer. I look back at our midfield of yesteryear, and think perhaps we have lost our bite. He and Adams would certainly not give the opposition a moments rest.

It would also allow us to rotate our players, to keep them fresh.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

We need to offload Jack before other teams come to their senses about him . Swap him for McKennie ? , No brainer.

Need to continue the positive signs, so First XI (or not far off) v Accrington, and stuff them.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:20 am Strange that Leicester want Harrison when he occupies the same position as Harvey Barnes, one of their best players.
Perhaps we could swap? 🤔 It would stop him scoring against us!
Pierro59
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Pierro59 »

Its ok bringing in all of these new players but still have little confidence in Marsch getting the best out of them. We have so much pace in the team but play so narrow and lack the creativity in midfield to unlock the Prem's average defences. How did Georginio not get at least 15 mins on Sunday??
geeno_philly
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by geeno_philly »

As an American, I love McKennie's pace, energy and commitment to the tackle. He will score aerial balls in the box. BUT....his success on this team will rely on his pace and energy. His goal scoring attributes are not consistent enough to develop or rely on as a game plan. Dare I say he is like Jordan Hendersen in that he is best on a good team, but cannot carry a team on his own. I worry that he is either 1 dimensional, or no dimensional to fit what we need. I belieive he and Adams will calm everything down (not want I want from a viewing perspective) and be more disciplined. Now to take a flyer on a creative attacking force and hope to get lucky (assuming transfer). I do worry that Tim Weah follows. From an American perspective, I love players from my country getting reps together (think Ream and Robinson at Fulham).....but not as much a fan from a club perspective, especially when the next national thing of importance is off the radar. BTW...I like McKennie as a player, but he did not have a good WC2022.