Leeds Utd 2-2 Brighton - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Patrick Bamford Returns to the Starting XI

Post by Cjay »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:55 pm We've now won fewer games than any other side in the PL this season - just 5. Even Southampton have won 6.

I still think that Rodrigo can swing it in our favour.

If we had sold Harrison in January then we would have had a war chest of 55m to stave off relegation with. We ended up with a 20 year old who rarely scores goals, has never played in the PL, is not good enough to start but who has potential....You've excelled yourself this time Victor.
Worries me relying on Rodrigo.

He has been so underwhelming most of his time here that I worry he could easily revert.

Looked miles off it today, hopefully gets sharp soon.

Viktor Gyökeres got another assist today and has now more goals and assists than Paddy did in the season he won Championship player of the year with Boro :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Patrick Bamford Returns to the Starting XI

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:06 pm Worries me relying on Rodrigo.

He has been so underwhelming most of his time here that I worry he could easily revert.

Looked miles off it today, hopefully gets sharp soon.

Viktor Gyökeres got another assist today and has now more goals and assists than Paddy did in the season he won Championship player of the year with Boro :(
I know - that's the big danger.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Leeds Utd 2-2 Brighton - Post Match Debate

Post by Broad Ford »

After work I tuned in for the second half and saw nothing to suggest Leeds are pulling clear of those Championship places. It's beginning to pain me now as I see LUFC drop to second from bottom! We now need Man Utd to bounce back from that thrashing and hammer the Saints big time. If Southampton win LUFC hit rock bottom.

Unless Sini, Rodders, and other forwards improve their game, along with the midfield in quality then LUFC are on course to be relegated!
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

On the plus side as it stands any 3 from Palace down could be relegated
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Second best for long periods of the game, our back four couldn't cope with Brighton's movement & running at us, got round the back of us far too easily several times. Two spectacular goals earned us a point against a team who are 7th in the Premier League, all due to excellent recruitment & good organisation.

Why Javi took off our best forward Bamford, I have no idea :duno:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:42 pm We look miles behind the Brighton's & Fulhams from what i've seen. The just strolled thru us at the back today at times. They had a man over on both wings all game long. They even managed to nick a goal from between Harrisons legs. Today was the first time i had a sinking feeling that we have too many faults to keep us up. Soft goals conceded, midfield not technically good enough and obviously we don't take enough chances. We keep going.
Mac Allister looks world-class compared to our midfielders.

Brighton are a very good organised side, whereas we are frantic & lack any composure.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:12 pm Take the point, Brighton in all honesty should have been out of sight before halftime.

Can't see where a win is coming from.
Agree on both points. MJ.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:13 pm Second best for long periods of the game, our back four couldn't cope with Brighton's movement & running at us, got round the back of far too easily several times. Two spectacular goals earned us a point against a team who are 7th in the Premier League, all due to excellent recruitment & good organisation.

Why Javi took off our best forward Bamford, I have no idea :duno:
Because he is made of quavers and has to be managed

He could literally break down any moment.

Basically our Calvert-Lewin
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:14 pm Rotherham away first game nx season Image

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Apparently the championship begins on the 31st July next season, so some serious organisation required during the summer from whoever owns us. God help us if it's The Three Stooges.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:12 pm I know - that's the big danger.
Was clearly miles off it today, touch was bad, decision making was bad

Put it down to fitness hopefully.

But that was the Rodders of the majority of his time here

Thats the worry

No guarantees he comes back as the Rodders of this half season.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:28 pm I’m still can’t get my head round that “clearance “
And then he does that with his goal.
That's Jack for you!
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Having watched today's game......I wish the season was over....we are certainly going down and although the championship level of football looks really poor, one thing it is, is very physical.....we haven't got many players in our inept squad who will be up to Coventry away on a cold Tuesday night.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:00 pm Just back from the game, and what an odd game that was.

I’ve had to watch Jack’s own goal back, as I’m at the other end of the ground and hadn’t a clue what had happened. I suppose if he hadn’t touched it, they would have scored anyway, but I haven’t a clue what he is trying to do.

I was a bit perplexed by this non pressing stuff at first, but it was quite obvious when, on the odd occasion, we did press Brighton just popped it round us and romped up the pitch. In hindsight, it was good tactics from Gracia.

All in all, a good day out and a point in the bag. I’m still pretty positive we will be watching PL football next season.
I was talking to your good friend Dave (formerly on LUFCTALK), hadn't seen him since away at Norwich last season. I hear about twelve of you had a drinking session in the White Hart or was it the White Horse prior to the game. Had a nice chat with Dave, writing his 13th Leeds book, he first attended a Leeds match four years after myself in 1968.

Dave said, "tell him he was talking bollocks in the pub". :lol:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:44 pm That's Jack for you!
I need to watch it again but my first impression was;
1. He tried to clear with the wrong foot
2. Think he tried an outside of the foot clearance that hit the inside of his foot and went in
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:56 pm Having watched today's game......I wish the season was over....we are certainly going down and although the championship level of football looks really poor, one thing it is, is very physical.....we haven't got many players in our inept squad who will be up to Coventry away on a cold Tuesday night.
Majority of them won't be at Leeds next season, 60s.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:00 pm I need to watch it again but my first impression was;
1. He tried to clear with the wrong foot
2. Think he tried an outside of the foot clearance that hit the inside of his foot and went in
I re-watch the full 90 minutes tomorrow.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:39 pm Because he is made of quavers and has to be managed

He could literally break down any moment.

Basically our Calvert-Lewin
Indeed, :tup: Paddy played well today.
Ackermann
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ackermann »

60sUnited wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:56 pm Having watched today's game......I wish the season was over....we are certainly going down and although the championship level of football looks really poor, one thing it is, is very physical.....we haven't got many players in our inept squad who will be up to Coventry away on a cold Tuesday night.
We will get rid of best players (at least 8)...keep shyte players on long contracts and buy some Championship quality players, but mainly flooding the squad with young players like Greenwood etc.. Basically probably ending up with a mid-table quality squad competing at best for play-offs.

Unbelievable how this incompetent board has destroyed what we built thaks to Bielsa in the last 3 years. Orta is as bad as Ridsdale was...we were cheated from reaching the CL after the first time we competed in it. Had we reached the CL his high risk plan could have worked out. But Orta destroyed the situation in a way more impossible way.
Last edited by Ackermann on Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:03 pm Majority of them won't be at Leeds next season, 60s.
Probably not 64.....to be fair I have watched quite a lot of championship football on TV......it certainly looks poor.....but without a doubt is pretty physical.....we need a group of players who realise that and can handle it.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:59 pm I was talking to your good friend Dave (formerly on LUFCTALK), hadn't seen him since away at Norwich last season. I hear about twelve of you had a drinking session in the White Hart or was it the White Horse prior to the game. Had a nice chat with Dave, writing his 13th Leeds book, he first attended a Leeds match four years after myself in 1968.

Dave said, "tell him he was talking bollocks in the pub". :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:.

He’s a good bloke Dave, I tend to be the butt of his jokes in his books but it all good fun. I keep saying I should get some form of royalties, but it’s only an odd pint now and then. He’s fortunate enough to have an Away Season Ticket, so never misses a game. I always get his book at the end of each season, and it gets me through those long summers of no trips to Elland Road and he writes about the away games which I don’t get to much these days.

We will have to have a half time chat at some point before the end of the season mate :tup:
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello