Leeds Utd 1-1 Leicester City - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread - Max Wober misses out through injury

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

SG90 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:24 pm Why would it? Firpo, Sini, Mckennie, Summerville, Rodrigo, Struijk aren't white either.
None of them are Italian though.

"The Italy–Spain football rivalry (Italian: Rivalità calcistica Italia-Spagna; Spanish: Rivalidad futbolística Italia-España) sometimes referred to as the Mediterranean derby, is a football rivalry between the national football teams of Italy and Spain, the two countries have won five FIFA World Cups and five UEFA ..."
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread - Max Wober misses out through injury

Post by The Subhuman »

I think Gnonto speaks his mind and with passion, he's probably been saying something along the lines he should be starting to JG
Last edited by The Subhuman on Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:02 pm They all do. They cannot think fast enough for this league.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
There are players who are clever, the majority of our lot do not possess a footballing brain!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Carrick Dave wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:22 pm Nothing to do with Bielsa, just think Marsch is a t**t.
I think I must be one of "your ilk" too :roflmao: :lol: :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:09 pm How you can start Bamfraud and Rodders ahead of Willy I don't know?
Makes no sense mate.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:14 pm Actually thought McKennie 1st half was OK (by his standards).

But what does he see in Aaronson?

Fouled people and hit a 1v1 straight at the keepet
Championship footballer at best.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:25 pm Has he come here to get us relegated. He's right on track and the sooner he goes the better but the twat will be around for another 5 games yet. Unbearable!

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
I'd get shot of him tomorrow as he is clearly taking us down, I can't think of one single player who has improved under Gracia's coaching.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:35 pm This was where we needed points. Think Leicester are better than us and will pick up more points than us. Would have been nice to have created a 4 point cushion. We missed the chance.
Too many opportunities missed, Andrew.

We've stagnated.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

If Bamford just lets the ball hit his foot then Gracia would be 4 & 1 v the bottom 9. Tiny margins.
I’d slate him like the next bloke but that was a shocking miss
1964white

Post by 1964white »

King Hennessy wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:23 pm Has to be Bournemouth
Unconvinced.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:32 pm Gracie. That suits him
I actually find that an insult to my beloved Land Rover Defender who is called Gracie. She is tough, dependable, never let's us down, knows how to handle tricky situations and is always up for the next tough task ahead.....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:13 pm Actually I was one of the few on here that wasn't slagging him off.

People have a grudge against him mainly because of who he replaced.
Marsch should have gone pre World Cup. That would have given us time to get someone of a decent quality in, spend the 4 weeks with the players and able to bring in his own players. Instead they waited until well after the January transfer window and thought that every manager in the world would be fighting to manage this club. Wrong! Who on earth would want this poison chalice with those three idiots in charge. Gracia was as desperate and is, as inept and as useless as those three.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:47 pm Too many opportunities missed, Andrew.

We've stagnated.
We've gone backwards!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:42 pm I'd get shot of him tomorrow as he is clearly taking us down, I can't think of one single player who has improved under Gracia's coaching.
Too late for that Leon.
Especially as noone wants to manage us.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Finnatic wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:11 pm With you on the Summerville argument but since his injury Gnonto has been very average .
I know he hasn’t started games but also hasn’t influenced the games when he came on.
He had more pace and energy when he was trying to break into the squad. That international break murdered us and our team chemistry. I’d like to think a fit Wober and Gnonto would’ve helped improve the results we’ve seen since…at least 1-2 points worth.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:20 pm Smith actually comes out of that with some credit.
Once he saw we brought on Aronson for Rod he brought Vardy on.

That left us in a bind as for us to bring on another midfielder meant we had to take off a forward player.
Who do you take off?
Great point. Bamford in hindsight :)
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:14 pm Too late for that Leon.
Especially as noone wants to manage us.
I know it sounds daft & probably not credible, but I'd rather have Dallas & Cooper manage our squad for our final five games.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:25 pm I know it sounds daft & probably not credible, but I'd rather have Dallas & Cooper manage our squad for our final five games.
I can tell you're on holiday, you're up late :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:32 pm I can tell you're on holiday, you're up late :)
Far too late, Swannie.

Time for my sleep now

Nite nite :sleep:
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

I'm disappointed with this result. It's two points dropped for sure. McKennie was better today. Especially in the 1st half. Harrison was good until Sinisterra went off. That seemed to change things. Roca was awful again. People are calling for McKennie to be dropped. And yet this guy gets a pass by those same people. It's telling.

Second half I thought Aaronson was the wrong move. And that proved to be true. He is in very poor form right now. I understand that Rodrigo had left it all on the pitch. Good performance from him. I would have used Rutter in that moment. I'm not as bothered by Gnonto's exclusion. He has not been good in his last several run outs. I suspect he is not right from his injury yet. Bamford missed an absolute sitter that would have won the game.
Football/Futbol/Soccer