Big Sam

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Big Sam

Post by Cjay »

Deserves his own thread :)
sam-allardyce-whistle.gif
sam-allardyce-whistle.gif (1.95 MiB) Viewed 5602 times
Last edited by Cjay on Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Re: Big Sam

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Please God not Big Sam.....
Football/Futbol/Soccer
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:44 pm Please God not Big Sam.....
Why? It doesn't have to be a long term appointment and if we don't do something we are more than likely heading down. Get him in and then re-assess once the season ends when a lot more managers will be available and we will know what division we will be in.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

weasel wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:24 am Why? It doesn't have to be a long term appointment and if we don't do something we are more than likely heading down. Get him in and then re-assess once the season ends when a lot more managers will be available and we will know what division we will be in.
So just the last 4 games then? Ok you talked me into it. The door can't hit Gracia in the ass fast enough for me....
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:24 am Why? It doesn't have to be a long term appointment and if we don't do something we are more than likely heading down. Get him in and then re-assess once the season ends when a lot more managers will be available and we will know what division we will be in.
As much as i agree with ya on most things Weasel, he couldn't save us, unless he's actually spotted that we can't defend.

But i do see your point in coming back up with him .

I can't put into words how spectacularly bad we are at defending, and it's not just the defence. WE HAVE TO GO ON THE ATTACK!!

Our forwards are better going all guns blazing, their defensive work apart from PB is shite.

Our mids need to go on the attack coz their defensive work when asked or oppo's force them on the backfoot is absolute garbage, they end up being dragged all over the shop and have no idea when to go towards the ball or the man with it, or where to position themselves.

And our defence apart from most being shite and needing Bert to help them play it out, are shiter than shite not helped by the goonsquad in front of them.

Our one and only chance if any at all, is to forget any sort of tactics and just throw the kitchen sink for these last 4, but i doubt that'll be enough now, we might just surprise Newcastle and West Ham and if we're lucky and Spurs turn up like they have recently we can only hope to catch someone on an off day.

Anything at all else and we're fcked, utterly and completely doomed i'm afraid.

If Big Sam can realise that in 4 days then fine, but if he's gonna come and try and stop these conceding, don't bother.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Phil Hay reporting Big Sam to take the reins for our remaining games, so likely to be plenty of truth in his appointment.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

England's greatest ever manager, Big Sam's barmy army etc.

Never thought I'd be happy to see him at ER, but when you're desperate...
Last edited by SG90 on Tue May 02, 2023 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ackermann
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ackermann »

SG90 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:56 am England's greatest ever manager, Big Sam's big army etc.

Never thought I'd be happy to see him at ER, but when you're desperate...
A board with some forsight should bring in Big Sam now AND line up someone for the last 2 games if we get nothing next 2 games.

ps: We are fukked whatever I fear. (Would you rather roll a dice with one maybe two numbers meaning we stay up or let the coming games decide?).
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimstorrie »

This is a parallel universe
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Given how poor all the rest are, even one win could be enough. Mind you, the rest are saying that too. Even a win and draw gives us 34 points, which you feel could be enough this year. Need to hope Citeh are too distracted by Real and we can keep the scoreline as low as possible.
Hewin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hewin »

Well it's not exactly a step down is it?
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimstorrie »

For me the highlight of the first season back was the 5-1 win at West Brom, which finally dispelled the myth that 'big Sam' was relegation proof.
I think I'd rather put Orta in charge for the last four games and tell him to get out of the mess he's created. Double bluff him and say his job is safe if we stay up; it would probably appeal to his ego.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Burnley won 4 in a row after sacking Dyche, Palace won 3 in a row after sacking Vieira. We have to hope we can get that sort of bounce lol.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

If its true, the first thing he needs to do is bench Meslier for his own good.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:13 am WE HAVE TO GO ON THE ATTACK!!
Soz Kenny but as much as I agree with you our players don’t have the legs anymore to attack and then track back.

Jeez most of them can’t even track back when we give the ball away in midfield so then ain’t doing it up from the other end of the field.

Bielsa had his double shift training for weeks and months and I’m sad to say, as beautiful as it was, he burnt them out. Then Marsch gave them a holiday instead of training and we see the result now. They aren’t fit anymore, so attack attack attack isn’t an option, not in four games anyway.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Yep we’re desperate

Yep SA is probably the only option right now.

Bielsa to Alladyce in two seasons.

Didn’t see that coming.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Why not really
1964white

Post by 1964white »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:15 am
Bielsa to Alladyce in two seasons.

Didn’t see that coming.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:28 am Given how poor all the rest are, even one win could be enough. Mind you, the rest are saying that too. Even a win and draw gives us 34 points, which you feel could be enough this year. Need to hope Citeh are too distracted by Real and we can keep the scoreline as low as possible.
Agree SG :tup:

Javi had three golden opportunities to acquire one victory against Palace, Leicester & Bournemouth & failed miserably, our players have a lot answer must take the blame too.

Just one decent, solid performance to earn a win is all that is needed.

Omit Meslier, Kristensen, Roca, McKennie, Aaronson & we may have a chance.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Chilli D wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:50 am If its true, the first thing he needs to do is bench Meslier for his own good.
Agreed, and give Rutter a chance.