Premier League debate

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Premier League debate - Newcastle slump?

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:53 pm Same as Bielsa he over achieved massively one season and then the fans, and outside media, suddenly expect them to do even better despite them suffering from injuries.
Yip :tup: He's had an absolute load of disruption to his team this term, and not much added at all.

Is the clown there by any chance.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Personally, I can’t see Howe going anywhere just yet. The fans still seem onboard with him, particularly the away fans which is generally a good barometer.

From memory, there was minimal investment from the previous regime, so the £400M spend was probably needed and over the last 6 years or so id guess their overall spend is not that bad against the other Top 6/7.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Why on earth would Sherwood say that?

Wtf is Cole Palmer meant to say :lol:

"Yeah teammates bit s**t mate, hopefully we sort it out"

Moron Sherwood.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Although I actually like the job that Eddie Howe has done at Newcastle its only a matter of time imo that he will be replaced.
Newcastle just need to get on the right side of the Financial FP rules and then they'll be able to strengthen the side. There are top
managers out there with the experience to get Newcastle into the top 3 sides in England... Now if you had 300 million to spend on a side would you give to Eddie Howe or Xabi Alonso..
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:53 pm
Why on earth would Sherwood say that?

Wtf is Cole Palmer meant to say :lol:

"Yeah teammates bit s**t mate, hopefully we sort it out"

Moron Sherwood.
Sherwood is just being such a smartarse, The Producer on whatever programme it was, should simply ditch him for that. Very good at opening mouth before engaging brain!
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The ten clubs who blocked the new £900mil EFL deal are reportedly

Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, West Ham, Aston Villa, Wolves, Nottingham Forest, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth.

London massive, excuses FC, irrelevant Wet Spam, newly minted Villa who nearly went out of business in the EFL but its alright now so sod everyone else

Potless Forest who've barely been outside of the EFL for decades.

Palace who are well nobody important and little Bournemouth
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Citeh, an average PL club who had won nothing for years and were skint, suddenly go out and spend Billions upon billions on turning them into the worlds best club.. Along comes the new Newcastle owners looking no doubt for a repeat of what happened down in Manchester, the fans go wild at the prospect, then suddenly out from behind the Iron curtain pops FFP with its poultry 4-6 point fines.

If i was one of the richest people in the world i would treat FFP the same way PSG did. No club is bigger than the prospective bank balance.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

We get relegated from the prem into the most competitive season in the championship possibly ever.
Meanwhile the prem is easier than ever to survive in with 3 awful teams promoted and 2 with points deductions
Then assuming we go up with Southampton and Leicester the prem will again be extremely competitive at the bottom

Timing and circumstance has never been a strength of Leeds united has it.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Think I'm right in saying ffp rules were voted in by clubs?

So can't really complain?
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

The rich six were allowed to spend spend spend. Now for other clubs that door has slammed shut. The notts forest supporter was right, "how are we supposed to stay in the premier league if we're not allowed to compete with those six who have got away with it before these rules came in"
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:44 pm The rich six were allowed to spend spend spend. Now for other clubs that door has slammed shut. The notts forest supporter was right, "how are we supposed to stay in the premier league if we're not allowed to compete with those six who have got away with it before these rules came in"
Just wait until parachute payments are gone as well something the EFL seem desperate to make happen - dammed either way then, spend on the hope of staying up and get hit with FFP if you do manage it.
Or spend and get relegated and risk oblivion with no parachute.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Forest will appeal I presume. Everton did and succeeded although I think they’re due another dockage. Meanwhile the rich clubs at the top do as they please.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

The greedy 7 might as well have their womens team in the PL, they are richer than the bottom half anyway.
See how good the bitches really are 8-)
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:50 pm Forest will appeal I presume. Everton did and succeeded although I think they’re due another dockage. Meanwhile the rich clubs at the top do as they please.
Everton's appeal was just to get the points deduction reduced. I feel that the Forest point deduction has already taken into consideration the Everton revision. I don't see Forest getting any points back.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

This points deduction is all completely backwards. Penalties need to be imposed in the season they happened. Maybe it's nit possible to align the football year with the financial year. But we already have two teams that benefitted last season and we got relegated. Leicester could possibly make it 3.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:33 pm Everton's appeal was just to get the points deduction reduced. I feel that the Forest point deduction has already taken into consideration the Everton revision. I don't see Forest getting any points back.
I would imagine Forest will appeal but that if they get to a point where they will stay up despite the 4 points deduction they would suddenly drop their appeal and accept the punishment. They will no doubt appeal as long as the 4 points makes a difference.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Re: Premier League debate

Post by BobHirst »

So the EPL have decided 4 points is an appropriate punishment for violating its rules. It doesn't seem to me to be much of a deterrent to stop teams doing it. Surely Forest have benefitted by more than 4 points for cheating?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Premier League debate

Post by whiteswan »

If we get promoted and by January are comfortable ie no threat of relegation. Spend spend and spend to get the team ready for the next season and take the four point deduction we'll be able to afford. Simples.

What an utter disgrace the so called 'Premier League' is.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:14 pm The greedy 7 might as well have their womens team in the PL, they are richer than the bottom half anyway.
See how good the bitches really are 8-)
Not as good as they think they are!

Bring 'em on :lol: