Daniel Farke

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Daniel Farke

Post by Cjay »

Pleased he was asked about the reliance on Summerville.

DF saying its not normal.

Only Rotherham have focused attacks down 1 flank more than we have our left all season.

And only Ilias Chair at QPR has had more touches per game over a comparative amount of minutes as Summerville of players in similar positions

We always just give it to him :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Daniel Farke- Press conference page 74

Post by JoeDenver »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:10 pm Pleased he was asked about the reliance on Summerville.

DF saying its not normal.

Only Rotherham have focused attacks down 1 flank more than we have our left all season.

And only Ilias Chair at QPR has had more touches per game over a comparative amount of minutes as Summerville of players in similar positions

We always just give it to him :lol:
And he’s become too selfish with the ball, which is why Firpo’s runs forward have dropped off slightly and why Kamara’s timing and tempo is off (the triangles between those three earlier in the year were exquisite!!). Both he and Geo were better progressive passers earlier in the year which opened up the offense more. Now they hold the ball and take too many touches (and subsequently give the ball away after all of the team’s hard work to get it upfield). I’m not sure if it’s them or if this is coming from Farke, but I feel it’s at least partly why we’re playing less of a team game, too slow of tempo, less fluid, etc. Farke has four games to regain that…

Frankly, and this is a bold idea, it might make sense to tinker with the lineup, etc. over these next four games to try and determine which lineup is able to regain that tempo and fluidity…damn the sensitivities and egos of the players. Fences can be mended once promotion has been secured.

I think the risk-reward is there. If he discovers it early, we’ll win all of our next matches. If he discovers it by the Southampton match, then at least we’re primed for the playoffs. Staying the course with the same lineup and same slow tempo only assures the playoffs (and likely losing in those playoffs). I already mentioned earlier that I think Roberts and Gnonto, and possibly Anthony and Joseph would be the guys to experiment with from the start.

(Calculated) risks need to be taken regardless in order to win promotion…whether that is taking one of the automatic slots or winning the playoffs.

My two cents…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

JoeDenver wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:50 am And he’s become too selfish with the ball, which is why Firpo’s runs forward have dropped off slightly and why Kamara’s timing and tempo is off (the triangles between those three earlier in the year were exquisite!!). Both he and Geo were better progressive passers earlier in the year which opened up the offense more. Now they hold the ball and take too many touches (and subsequently give the ball away after all of the team’s hard work to get it upfield). I’m not sure if it’s them or if this is coming from Farke, but I feel it’s at least partly why we’re playing less of a team game, too slow of tempo, less fluid, etc. Farke has four games to regain that…

Frankly, and this is a bold idea, it might make sense to tinker with the lineup, etc. over these next four games to try and determine which lineup is able to regain that tempo and fluidity…damn the sensitivities and egos of the players. Fences can be mended once promotion has been secured.

I think the risk-reward is there. If he discovers it early, we’ll win all of our next matches. If he discovers it by the Southampton match, then at least we’re primed for the playoffs. Staying the course with the same lineup and same slow tempo only assures the playoffs (and likely losing in those playoffs). I already mentioned earlier that I think Roberts and Gnonto, and possibly Anthony and Joseph would be the guys to experiment with from the start.

(Calculated) risks need to be taken regardless in order to win promotion…whether that is taking one of the automatic slots or winning the playoffs.

My two cents…
I think it's pretty obvious we need to tweak things, problem is DF isn't going to, like another manager we had, did very well for us but the stubborn streak stays.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

To me our key issue is one he did raise - we are not converting enough of our chances.
The coaches need to do some work on our players, getting them to shoot far more quickly when in range.

I know it's a different level, but watching the Champions League these last two games, it's very noticeable how many times players will shoot on their first touch when in or near the box. The Barca - Paris today was a prime example.
And this is somewhat relative because those guys are also playing against the world's best defenders.

All our players are taking too many touches in the box.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Can now only get an unspectacular 96 points now.

Only a few more than Bielsa.

With a far greater budget, larger squad, players on the bench who would walk into the first 11s of most of the league.

The ability to impact the game from the bench of a fish.

Chuck attackers on and hope for the best, leaving us more vulnerable on the break with no midfield.

0 patterns of play.

Shite
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Bench of fish 🤔
Would love to see a trout coming on. Or better still the underrated mackerel.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I said before he's Bielsa lite, with none of the good stuff, and only the bad stuff.

Picks favourites and freezes out certain players
Poor subs who have no impact on the game or too late
Huge ego and stubbornness
No plan b
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Farke's here - what went wrong?

We did not put the ball into the net. The reason.

If you do not score then you cannot win. When you face a side like this, with Szmodics, they do not create much for him, but he has 24 goals is outstanding. Quality we did not show today. Needed one chance to score.

So many good positions today, edge of their box. Last two games, 30 corners and 20 wide free-kicks. So many balls through the box.

Brought offensive players on to chase there three points and that can allow chances at the other end. We did not show the quality needed around the box.

On the players?

No, we are one unit. I always ask myself first what I could do better before the players. If 30 corners are not enough to score, I have to create 40 corners in the next two games.

In training, we have to work on efficiency and creating more situations, although I know what you mean. We have created more than enough to score today. I do not point at the players. I have to find solutions for them.

Time wasting?

When we speak about time-wasting and annoying and playing in a dirty way, it's not for me to judge it. We have to find solutions for whatever they do.

Annoying and disappointed the referee does not stamp it out, but it's nothing I can influence. I can only hope to make us more creative when the ball is in play.

How big a job to pick them up?

At least enough time to pick them up now on the training pitch. Create more in our efficiency. Not up to me to always be there with a hug. So many are young and disappointed. Cannot question their work ethic or desire. Not the moment to punish the, but make sure they can be more focused when it comes to getting the ball over the line.

Gnonto?

Excellent in the first half. Happy to be allowed by the medical team to start him. They have been reluctant about him before in other games. Tried to leave him as long as possible on the pitch. Missed some training for two weeks and he needed a breath in the second half. Wanted to leave him longer, but he was not able to bring the ball over the line.

Everyone dropping points - mental?

Struggling to explain why the others are dropping points. Stay with ourselves.

Young side. Normal that players who are young. Gray and others. A lot under 21. First time many of them have experienced the run-in, especially with an emotional side like Leeds. One explanation, but something we cannot influence. Happy we have so many good players.

Naivety is there sometimes, but young players can be more effective in such a period. Opponents are more focused on fighting with the knife between the teeth when it comes to surviving. Different on matchday 28. Crunch-time period.

Added time - more valuable to have the game flowing?

Explanation for injury time is 30 or 40 seconds for a goal kick with no yellow cards: they will add it at the end, but that's not the point. You need that time during the game when you want momentum.

Ugly to watch for supporters. Would love it if they encouraged the desire to play football. I don't blame the opponent. They are fighting for their lives. It's down to the officials.

Characters needed for this dogfight?

Great guys. Young guys can be inexperienced, or feel sorry for themselves when the world against them.

That's team we have. Crunch period can demand more physical strength or maturity, but we have other advantages. For that, I don't complain about this.

Two games without scoring will not have me questioning the players' character. Develop more mental steel in them.

How much is this challenging you?

A different scenario. Challenging. Emotional club with great history. Love to work for this, but the shirt can be heavy because of the expectation, especially for young players. Have to lead by example. Want to make sure we are as successful as possible. Need hard nerves

How concerned are you about this run ending and the subsequent results?

Not the first time I have experienced this. Would have preferred to go through the season unbeaten, but I am not naive and I know there is one time you are not effective and the opponent uses their one chance. Experienced enough to draw a line under it pretty quickly. Cannot just take the good days, have to take the bad days too.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:03 pm I said before he's Bielsa lite, with none of the good stuff, and only the bad stuff.

Picks favourites and freezes out certain players
Poor subs who have no impact on the game or too late
Huge ego and stubbornness
No plan b
This basically.

The red flags were all clear at Norwich.

Buendia, Pukki scoring far more than his tactics created and Krul saving far more than his tactics gave away.
Signed

King Cjay

Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Re: Daniel Farke- Press conference page 75

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Daniel saying we didn't win because we didn't score😂😂 That's deep s**t from Danny boy.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Most annoying part is this is the bit he is meant to be good at.

He is meant to be the experienced dull obvious choice whose past will pay off when it matters.

Russell Martin was a hipster choice.

Enzo Maresca is a novice with Pep's phone number.

Farke was meant to be the sensible easy choice for a novice ownership with 0 real football people at the time.

He should be showing that now.

But Rutter goes off the boil and he's baffled

Same as Buendia and Thuram at Gladbach.

Without just those 2 players his form dipped to relegation level for both teams.
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:35 pm This basically.

The red flags were all clear at Norwich.

Buendia, Pukki scoring far more than his tactics created and Krul saving far more than his tactics gave away.
You're loving having these pops at him now aren't you ;-)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I do wonder should we have persuaded Luke to stay....old head, great in the dressing room etc....would be a great asset right now I think
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gnonto didn't look tired, he was probably the least tired player on the pitch
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:10 pm You're loving having these pops at him now aren't you ;-)
No Swannie.

I'd rather br saying how stupid I was.

How he's clearly learned a great deal from his past mistakes and it's really paying off when it matters and those other criticisms were unwarranted.

Instead he's just repeating and reinforcing them.
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:22 pm Gnonto didn't look tired, he was probably the least tired player on the pitch
Totally agree complete mystery why he was subbed
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:12 pm I do wonder should we have persuaded Luke to stay....old head, great in the dressing room etc....would be a great asset right now I think
I didn't like any of the decisions to let players go in Jan... except the Spuds FB. But I guess we don't know if they wanted game time, past a certain age players don't want to stagnate in the reserves. Ayling got an assist today for an in form Championship club.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:57 pm I didn't like any of the decisions to let players go in Jan... except the Spuds FB. But I guess we don't know if they wanted game time, past a certain age players don't want to stagnate in the reserves. Ayling got an assist today for an in form Championship club.
Luke wanted game time, he deserves what he wants after the loyal service he's given to Leeds.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:41 pm Luke wanted game time, he deserves what he wants after the loyal service he's given to Leeds.
Not sure I agree with that Leon. He is a Leeds United player first and foremost. We could have insisted he stayed. His wise old head might have helped and influenced the dressing room now in this most important of seasons. It's not up to individual players to dictate what they want or where they should go mid season. I still think it was a crazy decision. My opinion of course.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:31 pm Not sure I agree with that Leon. He is a Leeds United player first and foremost. We could have insisted he stayed. His wise old head might have helped and influenced the dressing room now in this most important of seasons. It's not up to individual players to dictate what they want or where they should go mid season. I still think it was a crazy decision. My opinion of course.
I agree Swannie, it would have been great to have Luke around the club, but to be fair to him, he knew he wouldn't play for Leeds again, Ayling will leave Leeds permanently in the summer.

Luke Ayling explains the main inspiration behind his move from Leeds United to Middlesbrough

Explaining the decision to let him join Boro, Leeds boss Farke told our sister site Leeds Live: "With Luke it was a special situation, I spoke a lot about my public admiration for him and us as a group. You definitely want to keep a player like Luke Ayling. You want to have him as a human being in the group.

"He came to see us after the cup game. We talked with him. It was not the moment to think about it selfishly. We wanted to have him as a leader and as a full-back option. We listened to him. He has done so much for the club. We have done a lot for him. He has given so much back.

"He was the oldest player in the group and his contract runs out in the summer. He wanted more minutes and we couldn't guarantee him this and he asked if he could leave. It was not an easy decision. I have spoken about Luke as a player and a human being. If I had played him more in the starting XI in the last few weeks, he would probably have stayed.

"We handled the situation with class and style. Luke will always be a legend of the club. He will always be a Leeds United legend and a big member of this group. We had to think about the final steps of his career with his age. He wanted to get more minutes because the fire is still burning. We said we wanted to keep him, but because he is so professional and so loyal, he deserved to choose when you want to go."