The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 7th July) Everton hold talks with Rodrigo

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 7th July) Everton hold talks with Rodrigo

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 7th July, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Everton hold talks with Rodrigo

Representatives from Everton have held discussions with Rodrigo's agent (and father) Adalberto Machado about a £100,000 a week two year contract. The 32 year old is almost certain to leave Elland Road this Summer, following relegation to the Championship, and is weighing up his options.

The Spanish International recently turned down the chance to link up with Victor Orta at Sevilla, and looked set to join Saudi outfit Al Rayyan, until Evertons recent interjection. The Toffee's seem desperate to get their hands on as many Leeds players as possible, which, when you look at their financial position will infuriate the Leeds masses.

Leeds pondering Charlie Taylor return

A transfer window wouldn't be a transfer window without Leeds being linked with former players returning to the fold; and this Summer is no different. Elland Road journalist Phil Hay has stated that with Junior Firpo expecting to depart, they have turned their attention back to Burnley left back Charlie Taylor.

Taylor joined the Leeds Utd Academy as a scholar in 2011, had loan spells at Bradford City, York City, Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Fleetwood Town before finally breaking into the first team during Leeds 2014-15 campaign.

He refused to extend his contract in the Summer of 2016, which led to him and Massimo Cellino airing their dirty laundry in public, before leaving a year later. Leeds had the last laugh, as Burnley agreed to pay the Whites £6.5m, when threatened with a tribunal.

A new left back will be a priority

Leeds problems at left back are well documented. Hjelde, Dallas and Wober are all more than
competent in the position, but with wing backs being an integral part of their set up, the club want an experienced proven No 3 on their books.

Taylor, isn't the only left back Leeds are looking at. Ryan Manning is out of contract at Swansea City, and available on a free transfer. The Republic of Ireland ace, 27, is out of contract at the Liberty Stadium and looking for a new club. He's a great passer of the ball, can play almost anywhere on the field, and loves to attack. Last season he netted five times, and contributed ten assists. Sheffield Utd and Southampton are also tracking his progress.

According to the Mail, Leeds are also keeping tabs on Hungarian International Milos Kerkez. The 19yo has been in impressive form since joining AZ Alkmaar from Milan 18 months ago, and at 19, is one for the future. In 53 appearances for the Dutch outfit last season, he scored five times and provided seven assists. He's also on the radar of Bournemouth, Newcastle and Leicester, and has a £20m price tag.

Piroe tops Leeds wanted list

It has been suggested that Swansea City hit-man Joel Piroe is a top target for Leeds Utd this Summer, but have a contingency plan in place, if they lose out on him. The 23 year old Dutchman has only twelve months left on his contract at Swansea City, attracted the attention of Leicester City, Southampton, Nottingham Forest and Everton. He has netted 43 times in two seasons and can operate as a striker or attacking midfielder.

Leeds striking options are limited. Rodrigo looks set to move on this Summer, Bamfords fitness is a cause for concern and Messrs Gelhardt and Joseph are as of yet unproven. Farke see's record signing Georginio Rutter as a wide man, cutting inside from the right, a role he adopted at former club Hoffenheim

Leeds have one eye on Nottingham Forest forgotten man Sam Surridge. The promising 24yo made only one start for the Tricky Trees last season (20 total appearances), netting once. One article dubbed him a "Less injury-prone version of Bamford". Let's hope that doesn't mean he can't score penalties, and misses sitters!

Ellandback1
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 7th July) Everton hold talks with Rodrigo

Post by Ellandback1 »

Leeds are taking down Koch's poster

Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 7th July) Everton hold talks with Rodrigo

Post by Clitheroe White »

Looks like we are now entering silly season where 3% of transfer rumours will transpire to be true...

Being less cynical, looks like Farke has a clear of view of what he wants to achieve. Even small things like playing Rutter in his proven position (round pegs, round holes - I like that)
WhiteRose
Manager
Manager

Post by WhiteRose »

Darlow,hamer, Piroe, nat phillips, Taylor and manning are the type of players we should be after - all good and experienced players in the league, much rather that than punts on cheap foreign players
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all.

I'm not surprised the Toffees are in for Rodrigo, I'm surprised more of the bottom half Prem clubs aren't, he scored last season in a very poor team so why wouldn't you want him in your Squad - Come on Blunts, Luton, Brentford etc... get a bidding war going ;-)

I'd take Charlie back, I seem to remember us discussing it last January and most people said yes then, so could it again be lazy journalism :duno:

Just hoping we start bring players in soon as the pre-season games are coming up fast and the start of the new season isn't too far away :shock:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:26 am Leeds are taking down Koch's poster

Koch dropping feebly to the floor
Erectile dysfunction
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Morning all.
CT would be far better than firpo thats for sure, infact my tired old body would be.

Rodders is off, suppose it gets his massive wages from us but, we really need to bring in a striker asap, something I'm sure hasn't eluded DF along with 4/5 other key positions.

I think the everton links are just that, how can they afford all these so called transfers ??

Thats 2 massive kochs gone , orta being the other one, still a few more to get shut of mind.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:59 am Koch dropping feebly to the floor
Erectile dysfunction
Koch Off
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Scoobychief wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:18 amKoch Off
Farke in
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

The season we were promoted, I think our big purchases were Raph, Koch, Llorente and Rodrigo

Looks like they are all gone now
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 am Morning all.
CT would be far better than firpo thats for sure, infact my tired old body would be.

Rodders is off, suppose it gets his massive wages from us but, we really need to bring in a striker asap, something I'm sure hasn't eluded DF along with 4/5 other key positions.

I think the everton links are just that, how can they afford all these so called transfers ??

Thats 2 massive kochs gone , orta being the other one, still a few more to get shut of mind.
I've missed you :)
Orange Box
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Orange Box »

I don’t get it. I know Everton’s FFP breaches are yet legally unfounded but there must be some fire for all the smoke, so -
1. Why are they being allowed to sign/buy players?
2. Are players agents stupid? If Everton’s case goes tits up surely these players will be casualties.

Or is it these players are just so greedy they don’t care, they’ll simply move on again?
Rodrigo and Gnonto (and any other player whose name ends in ‘o’) can just just fooko offo for me.

Rant over. Thank you.

And before anybody comes back and tells me we have a couple of promising youngsters with an ‘o’ at the end if their names, remember, it’s a rant. It’s not to be taken as a well thought out thought.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Ellandback1
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ratscoot wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:56 am Morning EB et all.

I'm not surprised the Toffees are in for Rodrigo, I'm surprised more of the bottom half Prem clubs aren't, he scored last season in a very poor team so why wouldn't you want him in your Squad - Come on Blunts, Luton, Brentford etc... get a bidding war going ;-)

I'd take Charlie back, I seem to remember us discussing it last January and most people said yes then, so could it again be lazy journalism :duno:

Just hoping we start bring players in soon as the pre-season games are coming up fast and the start of the new season isn't too far away :shock:
Good shout regarding Brentford as Ivan Toney has an 8 month ban.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Anonymous wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:47 am Everton are starting to piss me off.
Me too. Can't stand the club anyway but right now I'll echo your sentiments.
I'm off for a birthday 'proper' pint :beer: down to our local .... get my mind off all this plundering of our players :x
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:32 am I've missed you :)
:hi5:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Me also sara, 2 bit club with less history than us, were a decent side in the 80's but since always lingering near relegation, nowadays just a lump it up field and lump the opposition type, horrible to watch , just hope it's lazy journalism as no player in there reet mind would go there :duno: of course money talks.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Just starting?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:15 am Good shout regarding Brentford as Ivan Toney has an 8 month ban.
Brentford have already replaced Toney Matt....about 5/6 weeks ago. Such a well run club.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Weve bought a WONDERKID Lewis Pirie contract until 2026. He will be sold then.
Ellandback1
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Ellandback1 »

Scoobychief wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:50 pm Weve bought a WONDERKID Lewis Pirie contract until 2026. He will be sold then.
Yup, young Aberdeen lad, 16. Scored 51 goals last season. Think we're paying around £80,000 for him.