Leeds United vs Manchester United - Match Thread/Heidi's trip to Norway.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Re: Leeds United vs Manchester United - Match Thread

Post by Lufcheidi »

1964white wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:21 am Heidi flashing her camera (as ever) at Luke Ayling :-D

Thanks for sharing the video as it also captured my flag too
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Oslo preseason friendly

Post by Lufcheidi »

Barlow Boy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:24 am Enjoy Heidi.

One of our lads has gone on his own I believe 😢
I went on my own too! But my saying wherever you are in the world, there is a Leeds fan not far away is true. Had a great time though as Leeds fans looked after me. I was probably only one of a few who was stone cold sober though but with that, as well as lots of places only accepting card (I'd taken cash), I didn't spend too much so I treated myself to the new shirt instead.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds United vs Manchester United - Match Thread/Heidi's trip to Norway.

Post by Kennyb41 »

Lufcheidi wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:19 pm Sorry for the delay as I've had my granddaughter's party to help out with. All posted now.
Where, i can'tsee them?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United vs Manchester United - Match Thread/Heidi's trip to Norway.

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:21 am Where, i can'tsee them?
Here on the first page of this forum.

https://motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=45133
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:44 pm How the hell anyone that wanted Bert sacked can harp on about the club is beyond me, you and your like have just shot yourselves in both feet ffs !

He was the best thing to happen in decades and you wanted him out fer Christs sake !!!

What the hell would make you happy ???

He was trying to do things from the ground up on a shoestring and your like demand instant gratification....just go an bash the bishop for that.

Jeez, boils my piss.
your obsession with bielsa is laughable you have already been told why he got sacked based on results and he ain't coming back so get over it sunshine if he was that good what of any consequence as he actually won let's see if Uruguay win the world cup eh I'm sure you will find another excuse as to why they fail at some stage again bielsas stubbornness to change the team including the system and methods he used along with constant defeats on a huge scale lead to his dismissal and.like I have previously said won't be remembered in the same breath as revie.wilkinsons or even O'Leary's sides so go preach to some five year old who knows nothing about football if you think he was the best thing to happen to this club in decades you are seriously deluded fella
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Oslo preseason friendly

Post by Barlow Boy »

Lufcheidi wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:41 pm I went on my own too! But my saying wherever you are in the world, there is a Leeds fan not far away is true. Had a great time though as Leeds fans looked after me. I was probably only one of a few who was stone cold sober though but with that, as well as lots of places only accepting card (I'd taken cash), I didn't spend too much so I treated myself to the new shirt instead.
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

geronimo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:43 am your obsession with bielsa is laughable you have already been told why he got sacked based on results and he ain't coming back so get over it sunshine if he was that good what of any consequence as he actually won let's see if Uruguay win the world cup eh I'm sure you will find another excuse as to why they fail at some stage again bielsas stubbornness to change the team including the system and methods he used along with constant defeats on a huge scale lead to his dismissal and.like I have previously said won't be remembered in the same breath as revie.wilkinsons or even O'Leary's sides so go preach to some five year old who knows nothing about football if you think he was the best thing to happen to this club in decades you are seriously deluded fella
It's actually an illness he has.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

geronimo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:43 am your obsession with bielsa is laughable you have already been told why he got sacked based on results and he ain't coming back so get over it sunshine if he was that good what of any consequence as he actually won let's see if Uruguay win the world cup eh I'm sure you will find another excuse as to why they fail at some stage again bielsas stubbornness to change the team including the system and methods he used along with constant defeats on a huge scale lead to his dismissal and.like I have previously said won't be remembered in the same breath as revie.wilkinsons or even O'Leary's sides so go preach to some five year old who knows nothing about football if you think he was the best thing to happen to this club in decades you are seriously deluded fella

I'll accept my obsession is loveable but nothing more.

Yeah good idea, let Uruguay stick it right up your ass.

I'm already getting 50/1 and am lumping on.

You haven't got a clue chump.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:44 am I'll accept my obsession is loveable but nothing more.

Yeah good idea, let Uruguay stick it right up your ass.

I'm already getting 50/1 and am lumping on.

You haven't got a clue chump.
Well good luck with your bet fella but they are 50/1 for a reason if bielsa had demanded more quality players and a far bigger squad instead of resting on his laurels and his ego then things may have worked out differently but ultimately relying on small squads putting square pegs in round holes and what players he had at his disposal plus an injury list as long as your arm cost him his job here endeth the lesson for another day 😃
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

geronimo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:29 pm Well good luck with your bet fella but they are 50/1 for a reason if bielsa had demanded more quality players and a far bigger squad instead of resting on his laurels and his ego then things may have worked out differently but ultimately relying on small squads putting square pegs in round holes and what players he had at his disposal plus an injury list as long as your arm cost him his job here endeth the lesson for another day 😃
You're fcked in the head about him.

Ta da :wave:

Must dash.

:pig:

;@)
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

geronimo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:29 pm Well good luck with your bet fella but they are 50/1 for a reason if bielsa had demanded more quality players and a far bigger squad instead of resting on his laurels and his ego then things may have worked out differently but ultimately relying on small squads putting square pegs in round holes and what players he had at his disposal plus an injury list as long as your arm cost him his job here endeth the lesson for another day 😃
All those were rumours put out by the club to discredit Bielsa and sadly it worked. As soon as he was sacked, who was it who made the statement that we would still have a small squad? Yes Orta! Says it all to me. when you've seen who Orta brought in last season, Bielsa knew exactly what he meant when he said he wanted players better than he had. Instead of building a squad capable of challenging or keeping us up, it was desecrated to bare bones, not helped by a massive injury list.
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

Lufcheidi wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:38 pm All those were rumours put out by the club to discredit Bielsa and sadly it worked. As soon as he was sacked, who was it who made the statement that we would still have a small squad? Yes Orta! Says it all to me. when you've seen who Orta brought in last season, Bielsa knew exactly what he meant when he said he wanted players better than he had. Instead of building a squad capable of challenging or keeping us up, it was desecrated to bare bones, not helped by a massive injury list.
The massive injury list at the time was a result of Bielsas intensive training regime and the squad was simply not big enough to cope it was a well known fact that bielsa did not want a large squad the board were. equally to blame as they thought once promotion was achieved they could get away doing the same thing in the premier League but the quality that Leeds had was never going to be enough after the first season bielsas philosophy fell apart at the seams the boarf were never going to accept responsibility for the lack of quality or having a far larger squad and bielsa was left to fall on his own sword both the board and bielsa were culpable for the club's demise but ultimately it's the manager who pays the price massive changes should have been made after the first season back up in the premier League but were never addressed
by either bielsa or the board
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

geronimo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:10 pm The massive injury list at the time was a result of Bielsas intensive training regime and the squad was simply not big enough to cope it was a well known fact that bielsa did not want a large squad the board were. equally to blame as they thought once promotion was achieved they could get away doing the same thing in the premier League but the quality that Leeds had was never going to be enough after the first season bielsas philosophy fell apart at the seams the boarf were never going to accept responsibility for the lack of quality or having a far larger squad and bielsa was left to fall on his own sword both the board and bielsa were culpable for the club's demise but ultimately it's the manager who pays the price massive changes should have been made after the first season back up in the premier League but were never addressed
by either bielsa or the board
If it was Bielsa’s intensive training causing all the injuries, how come we’ve had so many injuries since he was sacked ?
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:12 am If it was Bielsa’s intensive training causing all the injuries, how come we’ve had so many injuries since he was sacked ?
Six serious ones last season.

Rodrigo, Sinisterra, Adams, Cooper, Gelhardt & of course Forshaw.

Even Wober missed a few games after signing in January.

At least when available our players were fit for the whole game under Bielsa.

Last season, Marsch gave them the afternoons off & the players legs were gone after 60 to 70 minutes.
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

Barlow Boy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:12 am If it was Bielsa’s intensive training causing all the injuries, how come we’ve had so many injuries since he was sacked ?
because the players that were here at the time of bielsa been in charge were far fitter than they are now , they were dropping like ninepins towards the end of his tenure , , since then both the fitness levels and players have changed . injuries are obviously a part and parcel of the modern game , but when bielsa was here the fitness ,endurance, and stamina levels were far higher than they are now , hence the the reason a far bigger squad was needed at the time .