Ethan Ampadu

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Ethan Ampadu

Post by 1964white »

vs Sheff Wed

Another powerful display from Ethan, dealing with several urgent situations. Carried the ball well, and his long passing is an additional option to the way Leeds play.

Ampadu has played in all 15 championship & cup games in 2024.

32 excellent actions
10 passes into the final third
5 accurate long passes
5 defensive headers
2 defensive clearances
2 interceptions
1 tackle
1 clearance off the line

Has there ever been a CB pairing who have conceded only 3 goals in 12 league games?

Would you change it?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:14 am vs Sheff Wed

Another powerful display from Ethan, dealing with several urgent situations. Carried the ball well, and his long passing is an additional option to the way Leeds play.

Ampadu has played in all 15 championship & cup games in 2024.

32 excellent actions
10 passes into the final third
5 accurate long passes
5 defensive headers
2 defensive clearances
2 interceptions
1 tackle
1 clearance off the line

Has there ever been a CB pairing who have conceded only 3 goals in 12 league games?

Would you change it?
Absolutely not, but I still think Pascal is the best CH at the club
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:24 am Absolutely not, but I still think Pascal is the best CH at the club
Apart from the fact Pascal has a few goals in his locker, what defensive qualities does possess over Rodon & Ampadu?
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:51 pm Apart from the fact Pascal has a few goals in his locker, what defensive qualities does possess over Rodon & Ampadu?
Ampadu is our best midfielder
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:06 pm Ampadu is our best midfielder
Not a bad CB too. :-D
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:25 pm Not a bad CB too. :-D
I agree on both. The question on Strujik might be irrelevant as we're going to be pretty short on remaining fixtures by the time he's full available. But when Strujik is available, I don't think it will be a question of Strujik v Ampadu. But rather whether Ampadu goes back to midfield.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:51 pm Apart from the fact Pascal has a few goals in his locker, what defensive qualities does possess over Rodon & Ampadu?
Ampadu has done very well but could it not also have helped that the quality of the opposition hasn't been brilliant?

9 of the teams played were bottom half, 5 were 20th and below.

We've conceded vs 3 of the 4 top half teams we've played.

Rodon and Amps have done very well but I think Struijk is a better pure defender than Amps, just my view.

Not as good on the ball, can't read the game as well, but in a battle vs a big tough 9 I'd rather Struijk with Amps in front.

Reflected in pure big strong defender stats like blocks and tackles and aerial duels Struijk wins

For reading of the game like interceptions and clearances Amps wins.

Different types of players.
Last edited by Cjay on Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Struijk’s ability to score from the set piece should not be underestimated. But as others suggest by the time he is fit and sharp enough to play Farke may be reluctant to change the line up unless his hand is forced by injuries.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I am still not sure of Pascals level. Crap in the PL. Very Good in the Championship. I can't make a case for Pascal at the moment at CB because the lads have been phenomenal but Ampadu is better than Gruev in Midfield so it will be interesting to see how Farke goes about things in the run in.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:25 pm I am still not sure of Pascals level. Crap in the PL. Very Good in the Championship. I can't make a case for Pascal at the moment at CB because the lads have been phenomenal but Ampadu is better than Gruev in Midfield so it will be interesting to see how Farke goes about things in the run in.
How often did he play central defence?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:17 pm How often did he play central defence?
I was going to say something similar. Strujik was very promising in his first season in the PL. And in the 3rd season he did very well at left back. In the end he suffered from being shuffled around and from being the young player in a cr@p squad, one where the dressing room had fallen apart. He was named in the preliminary international squad (don't think he got an actual call up). Prior to injury this season, he was being talked about as the best CB in the championship - before Rodon really established himself. I'm really happy to have Strujik as one of our central players next season

Really happy to have Ampadu too. But pretty sure he'll be in midfield. I think he's our best midfielder. And given that we'll need strong defensive midfielders nest season. Ampadu has to be the cornerstone.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:17 pm How often did he play central defence?
Exactly my point. When his head goes down he seems to go to pieces.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:21 pm Exactly my point. When his head goes down he seems to go to pieces.
Er....definitely not...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I would sya as a centre back that if the team is playing poorly and tactics are sh*Te that it can make a centre back look a lot worse than they are. You find yourself with one eye on teamamtes, almost expecting an error from them and needing to cover. This then effects your own game.

Happy with any two of Rodon, Ampadu and Struyjk and know that Cooper with a run of games would be fine too.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:21 pm Exactly my point. When his head goes down he seems to go to pieces.
I don't think that's true. Farke made him captain and so did Marsch once. So Strujik definitely has the character. I think he was just victim of a really bad team and bad environment last season.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/176 ... gr%5Etweet
In Farke we trust...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

When the subject of the captaincy was brought up earlier in the season.

Ampadu was my choice.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've no clue who's actually captain at ER atm ... I'd assume it's Coop then Struijk, then Ampadu
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:06 am I've no clue who's actually captain at ER atm ... I'd assume it's Coop then Struijk, then Ampadu
It appears that you do have a clue Mr Holmes.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:56 pm I don't think that's true. Farke made him captain and so did Marsch once. So Strujik definitely has the character. I think he was just victim of a really bad team and bad environment last season.
He was part of one of the worst defences in our history and not surprisingly, he lost confidence. . Whether that was down to the manager, position, personal or the level of the PL... The jury is still out for me stepping up a level.