Hearts 0-1 Leeds Utd Match Thread. UNCUT Version.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Hearts 0-1 Leeds Utd Match Thread + Player Ratings

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:30 pm Nobody said he was a failure. . . . . . . . . . .

Just not the world beater some supporters have built him up to be atm and not irreplaceable.
None of our players are irreplaceable but for the sort of money being talked about we'd struggle to get anyone near as good, especially once Zurich took their cut.

Given how well he did at times for us last season I think he has a very bright future and hopefully it will be with us. Wingers are inconsistent though and we need to learn to be patient with players.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Hearts 0-1 Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:11 am Player ratings

Meslier 7
Highlights - Great save + pass to Hjelde on the halfway line.

Ayling 7
Highlights - Goal + first 'Ayling Flop' of the season.

Cooper 8.5
Highlights - 15 defensive actions + plus pass creating a chance for Bamford to run onto.

Struijk 7
Highlights - 5 defensive clearances.

Ampadu 7
Highlights - Two lovely passes + curling shot just over the bar

Gray 9
Highlights - Two wonderful passes, lovely control/footwork & pass + 6 decent crosses.

Summerville 7
Highlights - Run & shot deflected + a couple of other decent runs & passes.

Sinisterra 7
Highlights - Shot on target saved + three lovely pieces of fancy footwork.

James 7
Highlights - A fine goal (unfortunately disallowed) + one brilliant piece of ball control lobbing over his marker.

Rutter 5
Highlights - Touch/pass for our goal

Bamford 7
Highlights - First touch & shot hitting the outside of the near post + hold up play & turns & run.

Poveda 8.5
Highlights - Four great control & runs + great cross for Gnonto's open goal miss + great pass for Joseph's missed opportunity
Great summary

Are you advocating Archie Gray to start against Cardiff?

And Poveda? A few in front of him. But could see a bench role for him if a couple of the bigger names push for an exit.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Hearts 0-1 Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:53 pm Great summary

Are you advocating Archie Gray to start against Cardiff?

And Poveda? A few in front of him. But could see a bench role for him if a couple of the bigger names push for an exit.
Thanks.

Archie to start with Poveda on the bench, Andrew.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Hearts v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Georginio Rutter leads the line

Post by BGwhite »

White Riot wrote: You
Only
Live
Once
GY

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

weasel wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:03 pm None of our players are irreplaceable but for the sort of money being talked about we'd struggle to get anyone near as good, especially once Zurich took their cut.

Given how well he did at times for us last season I think he has a very bright future and hopefully it will be with us. Wingers are inconsistent though and we need to learn to be patient with players.
I noticed yesterday that Sini & Gnonto have a confident swagger when shielding the ball in possession before picking a pass whereas with Jimmy & James it’s a cross between bedlam and chaos theory.

Gnonto has composure beyond his years.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Carrick Dave wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:00 pm I noticed yesterday that Sini & Gnonto have a confident swagger when shielding the ball in possession before picking a pass whereas with Jimmy & James it’s a cross between bedlam and chaos theory.

A good view, especially the Jimmy and James Chaos Theory.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Carrick Dave wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:00 pm I noticed yesterday that Sini & Gnonto have a confident swagger when shielding the ball in possession before picking a pass whereas with Jimmy & James it’s a cross between bedlam and chaos theory.

That obviously speaks to their abilities to hold onto the ball. Gnonto especially is hard to shake off the ball. James and Summerville are more about their pace - picking up the ball and running forward with it as quickly as possible. I think that both are strengths, just different styles.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Hearts 0-1 Leeds Utd Match Thread. UNCUT Version.

Post by 1964white »

At least we look fitter than the officials in this pre-season :lol: