Joe Rodon

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Joe Rodon

Post by Carrick Dave »

Absolutely class act since he stepped through the door.

The fact that he has to cover for those around him regularly is a definite concern.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Unsure why Joe received less than 8/10 on the player ratings thread

22 decent actions (the same amount as James)

1 negative action

Both Rodon & Ampadu were rock solid at the back
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:07 am Unsure why Joe received less than 8/10 on the player ratings thread

22 decent actions (the same amount as James)

1 negative action

Both Rodon & Ampadu were rock solid at the back
Watched the replay. Should have rated him higher than I did.

Mea culpa.
hector

Post by hector »

John in Louisiana wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:37 pm Watched the replay. Should have rated him higher than I did.

Mea culpa.
Don't let him pull the hair over your eyes mate..... :? :) :)
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

hector wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:55 pm Don't let him pull the hair over your eyes mate..... :? :) :)
Not at all.

Rodon has arguably been our best player this season. Probably our most valuable and most indispensable. Certainly in the running. Shudder to think where we'd be without him. Not at all surprised that Farke would single him out as someone we should be working to keep.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:37 pm Watched the replay. Should have rated him higher than I did.

Mea culpa.
Thank you, John.

A lot of what Rodon does goes unnoticed when you watch the game live, he was top drawer once again yesterday. Joe & Ampadu had a lot on their plate, especially at set-pieces as that Preston side was a big physical team.

I'm sure others would agree with if they watched a full replay of the game. I make notes of all the good & poor stuff

Yes I know, I'm a bit of an anorak. :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:08 pm Not at all.

Rodon has arguably been our best player this season. Probably our most valuable and most indispensable. Certainly in the running. Shudder to think where we'd be without him. Not at all surprised that Farke would single him out as someone we should be working to keep.
I'm glad I'm not the only one shuddering, John. Rodon is the glue that keeps us together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:55 pm Don't let him pull the hair over your eyes mate..... :? :) :)
If you got nothing sensible to add to this debate my dear Hector, I suggest you :shhh: ;-)
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:33 pm If you got nothing sensible to add to this debate my dear Hector, I suggest you :shhh: ;-)
No hope.... I am having fun...

And as said before, I have lasted years on here without adding anything sensible, so I ain't gonna change now :P :P :) :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:30 pm Thank you, John.

A lot of what Rodon does goes unnoticed when you watch the game live, he was top drawer once again yesterday. Joe & Ampadu had a lot on their plate, especially at set-pieces as that Preston side was a big physical team.

I'm sure others would agree with if they watched a full replay of the game. I make notes of all the good & poor stuff

Yes I know, I'm a bit of an anorak. :lol:
We all see the game differently, I can't watch the game again, would love to but can't as my email address for some reason offends LUTV and I can't log in. I think your very defensive minded, nothing wrong with that, I'm pro offence so am bound to favour forward thinking players... I marked Rodon down at the start due to getting beat and the clumsy foul which lead to their goal, albeit flukeily..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:36 pm We all see the game differently, I can't watch the game again, would love to but can't as my email address for some reason offends LUTV and I can't log in. I think your very defensive minded, nothing wrong with that, I'm pro offence so am bound to favour forward thinking players... I marked Rodon down at the start due to getting beat and the clumsy foul which lead to their goal, albeit flukeily..
To be fair to Rodon, he was caught out of position, because two of our players lost possession in close proximity to Joe.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:36 pm We all see the game differently, I can't watch the game again, would love to but can't as my email address for some reason offends LUTV and I can't log in. I think your very defensive minded, nothing wrong with that, I'm pro offence so am bound to favour forward thinking players... I marked Rodon down at the start due to getting beat and the clumsy foul which lead to their goal, albeit flukeily..
Preventing a goal is just as valuable as scoring one. I don't rate the one over the other. We can't win without scoring, but neither can they.

For the last 88 minutes (plus stoppage) Preston didn't manage a single shot on target. Once we equalized the best they could hope for was a point, and that was down mostly to Gruev, Ampadu, and Rodon.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:55 pm Preventing a goal is just as valuable as scoring one. I don't rate the one over the other. We can't win without scoring, but neither can they.

For the last 88 minutes (plus stoppage) Preston didn't manage a single shot on target. Once we equalized the best they could hope for was a point, and that was down mostly to Gruev, Ampadu, and Rodon.
All three protected us brilliantly.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:35 pm No hope.... I am having fun...

And as said before, I have lasted years on here without adding anything sensible, so I ain't gonna change now :P :P :) :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

One or two errors in his game at Plymouth last night, but made up for it with 3 defensive headers, 3 tackles, 2 interceptions & 2 blocks (one of them saving a certain goal) in his 17 excellent contributions.

Farke refuses to rest our star defender & rightly so if we wish to progress in the cup, we all know what happened last time Joe was omitted from our back four.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:24 am One or two errors in his game at Plymouth last night, but made up for it with 3 defensive headers, 3 tackles, 2 interceptions & 2 blocks (one of them saving a certain goal) in his 17 excellent contributions.

Farke refuses to rest our star defender & rightly so if we wish to progress in the cup, we all know what happened last time Joe was omitted from our back four.
He’s vital to our defence, of course he is, but not sure he can play every game. He doesn’t even get the international break time off.

A conundrum for DF.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:23 pm He’s vital to our defence, of course he is, but not sure he can play every game. He doesn’t even get the international break time off.

A conundrum for DF.
Not good, being totally reliant on one defender, but hopefully we'll cope, mate.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:23 pm He’s vital to our defence, of course he is, but not sure he can play every game. He doesn’t even get the international break time off.

A conundrum for DF.
Graham Souness says he played 60 plus games a season on heavier pitches, not the subbuteo like pitches they play on these days. Rodon should be able to play all games, injuries notwithstanding, he doesn't have to get up and down the pitch regularly like a full back, winger or central mid ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

He's a big strong lad that obviously loves to play, no whining, no nonsense.

The fact CC is not even coming on says to me Rodon is being assessed and in conversation with DF every single day.

And we also don't know yet whether DF has a plan to introduce CC like he has done Gruev, he could quite easily do this against some lower teams if he's working with CC.

Resting Rodon, to bring him back.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:13 pm Graham Souness says he played 60 plus games a season on heavier pitches, not the subbuteo like pitches they play on these days. Rodon should be able to play all games, injuries notwithstanding, he doesn't have to get up and down the pitch regularly like a full back, winger or central mid ...
I get that, and that would be backed up by the likes of Saliba, Gabriel, VVD playing most of the games for the top clubs.

We just have such a heavy reliance on him (or appear to have) and I fear a burn out. Like everything, time will tell but he looked jaded for me last night, and that pull back on their player which earned him a yellow is not like him.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello