Leeds Utd 2-1 Bristol City - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:00 pm Get in! Our biggest win of the season so far, as first back to back wins!
Back to back to back even
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:06 pm Much better 2nd half imo.

Corners aside.

More controlled in possession and more threat.

Gray was immense under the circumstances.

Rodon, Struijk and Byram were defensively very good.

Kamara was a real work horse and Ampadu patrolled effectively.

Summerville came t life 2nd half and was unlucky not to score a few.

Piroe took his goal well and played some nice passes.

Rutter was a menace all game again (shocking miss aside).

James took his goal well and worked hard.

Bamford was frankly wasteful but a willing runner.

And Anthony did what he had to do.

Good performance in the end and a deserved win.
Can't argue with you today Cjay (see what happens when you say nice things)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Scott wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:11 pm Get the feeling it wont be long before we stuff somebody. Even today, I could think of at least 4 chances that we could have scored with a bit of luck.
Seriously. I just get that feeling too. We've had several games this season where we really should have buried teams. And we give up very little at the other end. It looks like it's so close to clicking and we go on a good run.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:25 pm I keep expecting them or Ipswich to lose, but nope, they keep winning :cry:
Ipswich did lose. Against us. And we'll beat them again next time.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:29 pm Ndidi too is ooc. They really need to go up or they're screwed.
Yeah. The thing is they will go up.
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:03 pm It seems Piroe is our only clinical finisher.
That’s one more than we’ve had in the last 5 seasons
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:26 pm Just saw the brief highlights.
Great strength & agility from Rutter for the first. Reminds me a little of Zidane the way he uses his body. For his miss it looks like a dodgy bounce, like at Wimbledon tennis, bounces higher than he expects and hits him on the shin & balloons up in the air. Not that bad. Had zero time to react.
Piroe clever for the second, like Sinisterra ( :shhh: ) used to be.
He is a bit Zidane like isn't he. I'm convinced he will mature quickly now and, being a glass half full kinda guy, I think he'll be taking more chances by the time the season ends.

On Sini, I see Sofascore gave him a 6.9 for the 33 minutes he played today. Bournmouth very poor against Everton. Jack Harrison had a good game, scored 1 of the 3.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:33 pm Wouldn't want that would we matey, we need him to be unreliable at scoring goals, then we could have a real good moan, one of those moans with froth coming out our mouths, an epic Shakespearean moan that would shame King Lear... the moans of a thousand lost souls pouring their hearts out on the psychiatrists couch... a moan that could split the atom.
lol .... and true
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:47 pm Ipswich did lose. Against us. And we'll beat them again next time.
Agree - and we put 4 past them at their ground which nobody scores at.
Leicester also can't keep this up, they will lose - hopefully to us :-D
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

malcolmw wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:50 pm He is a bit Zidane like isn't he. I'm convinced he will mature quickly now and, being a glass half full kinda guy, I think he'll be taking more chances by the time the season ends.

On Sini, I see Sofascore gave him a 6.9 for the 33 minutes he played today. Bournmouth very poor against Everton. Jack Harrison had a good game, scored 1 of the 3.
Yeah I’m not saying he’s as good but there is a similarity. Zidane had an awesome body swerve. Never seen anything like it.
And never ever tell Rutter to kerb it. Like I said before you didn’t tell Lester how to ride a horse. He was a fecking genius.
Jacks goal is very good. Top notch tbh.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

malcolmw wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:52 pm Agree - and we put 4 past them at their ground which nobody scores at.
Leicester also can't keep this up, they will lose - hopefully to us :-D
And we were better than that scoreline . They didn't deserve 3 goals.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Pullhard wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:49 pm That’s one more than we’ve had in the last 5 seasons
:roflmao: that's what I like - see the positive in everything. Walking around like Droopy never got anyone anywhere.
Being clinical may be overrated. As long as you keep taking more chances than you're letting the other team have, all is good.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

FARKE POST GAME
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

We really should have won that easily - again. Just a matter of not putting away our chances. Rutter and Summerville both had great games but both don't do very well in front of goal. Some of it is down to experience. Some electric attacking youth that could do better in their key decision making. Hopefully they mature and improve in that regard as the season goes on.

For all our dominance. BC were never out of the game. In fact they threatened quite a bit in the 1st half. Not many shots to show for it. But they ran at our full backs well and kept Meslier busy with their crosses.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:30 pm Just had a flick back to the beginning of the thread, and notice several members trying to formulate the formation after the team was announced, exactly like we all were in the pub before the game, exactly like we all were walking down to the ground and then me and Mr 64 in the ground 😂😂😂
Good find by DF - Archie like Frankie but ont tother side.

What does it say about Luke ? It says DF is building some youth readying us for the Prem, coz if we do go up, those in their 30's will be released.

There's loads to improve on and still nowhere near settled, he mixed it up well today, and with a load of changes it shows he's getting thru to them on the training ground.

Bristol City weren't that bad a team, they set off to play against us like Soton but didn't have the front line and lacked quality allover.
I wish Jimmy would see more passes more often for the team instead of just going for himself.

Why did he take Rutter off ? The lad had run himself into the ground, and Paddy needs minutes and to be involved.

Rutter showed how gifted he is with some movement and touches today, he got the motm from me regardless of his glaring miss, that i was wishing Piroe was on the end of, I felt Piroe scoring the moment he got a bit of daylight and placed it perfectly.

For the style DF's playing i think it's better playing Rutter as he is and Piroe as the nuisance, DF should be getting them front 4 in this week and going over some video of that game, freezeframing stuff for where there's an obvious easy pass on, but we carry it that one touch too many and lose the chance.

Overall a good test for us today, a game we should win and did and we bossed it most of the time.

To weeks on the training ground for some, then Norwich and Stoke away, Dog botherers at home, I said i'd cash out coz Leicester getting too far in front, might leave it fert time being.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:01 pm FARKE POST GAME
He's very easy to like.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:42 pm Back to back to back even
No 'cause we lost to Saints, then won our last two. Hopefully it will be 3 in two weeks :)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:27 pm No 'cause we lost to Saints, then won our last two. Hopefully it will be 3 in two weeks :)
You're right. My memory is terrible. Had the games in the wrong order.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:25 pm He's very easy to like.
Yeah, he is isn’t he.

He’s never going to surpass the great man himself (I’m sure you know who), but he’s made me enjoy going to the football again (just like the great man did).
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:03 pm It seems Piroe is our only clinical finisher.
Out of interest, what is a clinical striker?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa