England International Matches

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: England International Matches

Post by Cjay »

https://www.englandfootball.com/article ... m-20240314

Jordan Henderson could have been dead for 30 years and Southgate would still pick him.

KP dropped

Ivan Toney in, Cole Palmer, Conor Gallagher for some reason.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:11 pm https://www.englandfootball.com/article ... m-20240314

Jordan Henderson could have been dead for 30 years and Southgate would still pick him.

KP dropped

KP obvioulsy a better player when on the bench at City rather than when he actually plays.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Well, Kalvin pushed for the Citeh move. Only himself to blame.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:11 pm https://www.englandfootball.com/article ... m-20240314

KP dropped

Can't fault any that tbh, getting chosen on merit / form for a change.
Why would he pick phillips when he's regressing :mshr:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Always had a wise head on him, i see he doesn't want GS to ruin him....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/68568054
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:17 pm Always had a wise head on him, i see he doesn't want GS to ruin him....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/68568054
That smacks of artwater doing exactly what ferguscum did , club before country.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

KP dropped

GS is an absolute prick, that couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery.

My mother could just pick...Foden - Kane - Saka - Rice - Bellingham - Maddison - Walker - Stones - Dunk - Chilwell - with one simple message that would turn in a better performance than the boring dickhead...."Just get out there and play how you do for your clubs"
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:24 pm That smacks of artwater doing exactly what ferguscum did , club before country.
Southgate said he received a call from Arsenal sporting director Edu last week to say defender Ben White did not want to be considered for selection.

In 2022 White left England's World Cup squad for personal reasons, with reports saying he had fallen out with assistant manager Steve Holland.

"I spoke to him post-Qatar (2022 World Cup) and there was reticence from his side," said Southgate. "I don't know why that is, but I respect that.

"There is no issue between us at all and there's also no issue with Steve Holland, which has been mentioned in articles and I don't like that.

"He would be in this squad but he's not available to us and I have to focus on who can help us."

;@)
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:30 pm Southgate said he received a call from Arsenal sporting director Edu last week to say defender Ben White did not want to be considered for selection.

In 2022 White left England's World Cup squad for personal reasons, with reports saying he had fallen out with assistant manager Steve Holland.

"I spoke to him post-Qatar (2022 World Cup) and there was reticence from his side," said Southgate. "I don't know why that is, but I respect that.

"There is no issue between us at all and there's also no issue with Steve Holland, which has been mentioned in articles and I don't like that.

"He would be in this squad but he's not available to us and I have to focus on who can help us."
Once your manager gets into your head regarding club commitments (scholes, carrager) and how much more you're going to be continually messed around by the national team, the rot sets in.
He could well regret it later on.
Has Firpo got dual nationality :duno:
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Can't understand all the wrist wringing around players that don't want the honour of representing their country. They can't or won't turn up then move on FFS
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:42 pm Once your manager gets into your head regarding club commitments (scholes, carrager) and how much more you're going to be continually messed around by the national team, the rot sets in.
Yes, Spain and The Dominican Republic IIRC
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:42 pm Once your manager gets into your head regarding club commitments (scholes, carrager) and how much more you're going to be continually messed around by the national team, the rot sets in.
He could've treble and it still wouldn't matter.

I think i read the Dominican Republic have a hold on him :-D Or someone like The Soloman Islands, summert like that anyway.

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:50 pm Can't fault any that tbh, getting chosen on merit / form for a change.
Why would he pick phillips when he's regressing :mshr:
No issue with KP being dropped, it's about time.

Henderson certainly not picked on merit though
Signed

King Cjay

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:22 pm No issue with KP being dropped, it's about time.

Henderson certainly not picked on merit though
I get that, but he's playing regular football isn't he, phillips can't even complete 45 mins, his dream move turned into a nightmare.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

If England have to keep picking Henderson then there is something badly wrong with the selection procedure. He shouldn't be anywhere near that squad.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

GreennWhite wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:17 pm If England have to keep picking Henderson then there is something badly wrong with the selection procedure. He shouldn't be anywhere near that squad.
We don't have anyone better, :roll: loads of managers use that old pathetic excuse, we should know.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Another thriller from Snoozegate
Signed

King Cjay

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Whilst watching Englands fantastic performance last night, it dawned on me i'd better start cheering the brilliant manager GS on.
We have miles better players at present and coming through for 2026 than Uruguay, and boy do i not want a good manager in charge of them ffs.

UP THE BOYZ AND GS FOR EURO GLORY 2024 AND :scarfe2: FIFA WC 2026 !!! :scarfe2: :shirtw: :clapp:

;@)
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Didn’t see the game last night ( thank the Lord ) but a lot of posters on here not happy with GS. Who would everyone like to see as manager ?
Keeping The Faith
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Luckily I do not and will not watch England under Southgate , won't watch Euro matches involving England , unless I need a sleep . I pity the club that is going to get this twat, well , unless it's Chelscum 😁😁. They deserve each other .