Leeds Utd v Huddersfield - Post Match Discussion

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
hector

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:58 pm I'm on my Twenty second 64 :tumbler: :tumbler:
FTFY Duckie :P :) :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:35 am Highlights with Bryn Law and Tony Dorigo's commentary from LUTV--their excitement always puts a smile on my face:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6DtX2gU08k
I do wonder about Bryn Law, he often calls a player by the wrong name. Last week at Norwich Rodon suddenly became Ampadu.

He'd be useless commentating in a 25 horse runner race at Royal Ascot :lol:
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Just had a look at the number of pages written for the Stoke and the Southampton game.
There were 32 Pages for Stoke and 29 Pages for Southampton.
When we have a win then we can only muster 19 pages.

It seems to me that we have more to say about our defeats than our victories.
Bad results generate more discussion than good ones.
Seems that we don't know how to Rejoice properly.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:59 am Just had a look at the number of pages written for the Stoke and the Southampton game.

I noticed the same thing, Sean. I think we could take a page from your avatar--more frolicking when we have games like yesterday is definitely in order. I know the change of pace and attack in the second half probably also factored into the lower number of posts as there wasn't much to post about...or should the number of posts have gone up because we were playing worse?!? :lol: I'll see if I can get Cjay to give us a more detailed analysis :duno:
In Farke we trust...
hector

Post by hector »

The low number of posts during the match may be down to the fact it was on TV, so people were watching it, rather than listening and posting...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

hector wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:51 am The low number of posts during the match may be down to the fact it was on TV, so people were watching it, rather than listening and posting...
Saying the same. I watched the Stoke game live. So posted lots of comments. Haven't seen the Hudders game all the way through yet.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:35 am I noticed the same thing, Sean. I think we could take a page from your avatar--more frolicking when we have games like yesterday is definitely in order. I know the change of pace and attack in the second half probably also factored into the lower number of posts as there wasn't much to post about...or should the number of posts have gone up because we were playing worse?!? :lol: I'll see if I can get Cjay to give us a more detailed analysis :duno:
Or perhaps a defeat draws the misery guts out of the woodwork to revel in the misfortune... obtaining some weird pleasure of being able to say "I told you so"

It is a sad thing when doom and gloom pervades the forum, and it is at its loudest when we suffer a defeat. Yet there is a strange silence from the pessimists when we should be celebrating a victory. It is as though they are locked into a certain attitude and will not allow themselves to deviate from that. There is no ebb and flow they only allow themselves one emotion, misery.

Sure we all get dispondent after a loss, but can we not at least try to express some rejoicing over a victory, or are we too timid and think that to express a positive attitude will surely come back and bite us some day, and we will appear foolish for being too optimistic?
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:59 am Just had a look at the number of pages written for the Stoke and the Southampton game.

There are simply more posters go to home games than away , hence why we don't post from the game.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Since we dropped to Championship I've not been able to get a stream so don't feel I can comment.Watched the very short highlights last night,4 good goals and a fook up by Mes!
All we need now is Leicester and Ipswich to start dropping points and Barn door to stay on the bench or at home .
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

This from a Town fan on their forun:

'You know you're fucked when even Dan James looks like a good player' :lol:
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

From my view in the west stand, it looked like their goal was offside, bad mistake from Meslier, really ought to be dealing with that , not difficult at all, with no VAR and 4-0 up, it didn't really matter, but poor from Mes.
Boring boring 2nd half, we often see it when teams have a good first half lead, but we were very average 2nd half yesterday, I thought we should have punished them and got the confidence sky high for Friday, but we looked short of ideas.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:32 am There are simply more posters go to home games than away , hence why we don't post from the game.
But generally there is always a postmortem that runs after the game is played, and if it has been a defeat there is lots of critical analysis.

It would be nice to have a similar outpouring when there has been a victory.

If we have suffered a defeat and we are already dispondent it becomes death by a thousand cuts to have to wade through lots of negativity, and speaking for myself is not good for my mental health.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:19 am But generally there is always a postmortem that runs after the game is played, and if it has been a defeat there is lots of critical analysis.

It would be nice to have a similar outpouring when there has been a victory.

If we have suffered a defeat and we are already dispondent it becomes death by a thousand cuts to have to wade through lots of negativity, and speaking for myself is not good for my mental health.
I see where your'e coming from sean, but myself, I go to game and normally stay out, that's why I wasn't posting till today, maybe same with a few more,
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

As others have said, it’s often the case that after a storming 1st half, the second half is a disappointment. I remember a game years ago, can’t remember exactly when but Harry Kewell was in his pomp, when we were 5-0 up at half time against Bradford City, only for them to draw the 2nd half with the final score 6-1. It was such an anticlimax!
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

Because we are expected and should beat most teams in this league if we had lost yesterday the post count would have gone through the roof
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:09 am This from a Town fan on their forun:

'You know you're fucked when even Dan James looks like a good player' :lol:
He is a good player though... We're not City we can't have a team full of Rodri's and Haaland's which seems to be forum definition for good

James is a top Championship footballer with power to add and like 99.9% of footballers prone to out of form runs.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:58 pm I like James in terms of his attitude. A proper pro who just gets on with it. I have criticised his end product at times as he can be a little frustrating but the fact he may not be PL standard is by the by as we’re not in that league. He has & will do some damage with his pace in this one
Your bang on jaydog about this. For some reason ( not just Dan ) we have some fans that want us to have all the best players and the best manager that would win us the Premiership, right now.
We have to be realistic, we have got good players for this league and should be judging them on that, not saying they are crap because they couldn't do it in the Premiership. Lets enjoy what we have, if we get promoted then we can can worry/discuss whos good enough and who isn't.
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:13 am He is a good player though... We're not City we can't have a team full of Rodri's and Haaland's which seems to be forum definition for good

James is a top Championship footballer with power to add and like 99.9% of footballers prone to out of form runs.
I think comparing us to man city is a slight exaggeration don't you 😁
most fans want us back in the premier League as soon as possible and don't want to wait for another sixteen years for it to happen
The progress or the lack of it as come from the recruitment side where the players that were obviously needed at the start of the season have not been brought in to the club following the mass exodus that happened in the summer
The signs are already clearly there that we ain't gonna bounce straight back up this season when it was a golden opportunity to do so with such a wonderful new ownership apparently
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:54 am Your bang on jaydog about this. For some reason ( not just Dan ) we have some fans that want us to have all the best players and the best manager that would win us the Premiership, right now.
We have to be realistic, we have got good players for this league and should be judging them on that, not saying they are crap because they couldn't do it in the Premiership. Lets enjoy what we have, if we get promoted then we can can worry/discuss whos good enough and who isn't.
We have maybe half a dozen players good enough for this league.maximum. We ain't got a team full of them , and that's the difference between going up and staying put we have far too many weak links in this side both in defence and midfield
Teams like Leicester on Friday will show you and many other fans on here the difference between a promotion winning side and a bunch of Wannabees fella
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

geronimo wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:51 pm We have maybe half a dozen players good enough for this league.maximum. We ain't got a team full of them , and that's the difference between going up and staying put we have far too many weak links in this side both in defence and midfield
Teams like Leicester on Friday will show you and many other fans on here the difference between a promotion winning side and a bunch of Wannabees fella
Well lets hope that comes back to haunt you.