Supporter Advisory Board Meeting Minutes

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Supporter Advisory Board Meeting Minutes

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

I know these aren't always easy to find, so I thought it would be good to share copies of the Supporter Advisory Board meeting minutes when they become available.
In Farke we trust...
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Supporter Advisory Board Meeting Minutes

For anyone interested, attached is the full version of the Supporters Advisory Board meeting minutes for September, 2023.

Here are the highlights:

Introductions:
  • Attendees were welcomed and introductions were made.
Apologies:
  • Maz Ferguson and Umair Meer were unable to attend.
Minutes:
  • No previous minutes to discuss. Minutes for this meeting will be typed up and sent to members for approval within 48 hours.
Matters Arising:
  • Paraag Marathe thanked for SAB invitation and will attend a meeting as soon as possible.
  • Discussion about promoting Park and Ride with ongoing advertisements on various platforms. Jane requested data on where ticket holders are based. ACTION – James.
Club Report by Angus Kinnear:
  • Takeover by the 49ers is complete with upcoming changes, especially around stadium development.
  • Positive signs in Watford performance, focus on enhancing training ground environment for players.
  • Ticket sales and hospitality are going in the right direction, paralleling top Premier League teams.
  • Discussions regarding expectations with the appointment of Daniel Farke, with assurance of available funds if needed in January.
  • Confirmation on stadium ownership by the entities owning the 49ers.
  • Ongoing stadium improvements discussed with more engagement with Supporters Advisory Group planned.
Update from Laura Strong, LUFC Head of Matchday Safety and Security:
  • Background on Sports Ground Safety Authority visit shared. Positive feedback received on stadium changes.
  • Discussions on safety concerns, high-risk matches, and accessibility provisions for disabled supporters.
  • Issues outside the ground discussed, especially concerning a bus route across a main walkway. ACTION - Dips.
Chair's Business:
  • Addressing membership attendance issue, recruiting a replacement member, and planning future meetings.
  • Junior Supporters Advisory Board in planning, with James and team undergoing safeguarding training.
  • Disabled Supporters Advisory Board minutes requested for SAB agenda. ACTION - James.
Feedback from Recent Games:
  • No major incidents reported in recent games. Upcoming games discussed with no foreseen issues.
  • Ticket allocation concerns raised, especially regarding lower tier and wheelchair tickets.
  • EFL's control over ticket sale dates and pricing discussed, with concerns on membership costs raised for future discussion.
AOB (Any Other Business):
  • Issue of negative chants at referees brought up. Mention of a Twitter account providing referee information.
Date of Next Meeting:
  • Agreed for Tuesday, 24th October at the training ground, with a possibility of meeting Adam Underwood from Leeds United Women’s team.
Actions:
  • Various actions assigned to James, Dips, and Katie Holmes regarding Park and Ride user data, podcast listener numbers, communicating with leaving member, EFL legislation details, and addressing safety concerns like benches and barrels blocking exits.
Attachments
Supporter Advisory Board Meeting Minutes - Sept., 2023.pdf
(116 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
In Farke we trust...
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

For anyone interested, attached is the full version of the Supporters Advisory Board meeting minutes for October, 2023.

Here are the highlights:

Introductions:
  • Welcome and introductions from all attendees.
  • Tour of Training Ground by Adam Underwood commenced at 18:00 and ended at 18:45.
Apologies:
  • Ken McArthur was unable to attend.
Minutes Accuracy and Matters Arising:
  • Previous meeting minutes were accepted as accurate.
  • Concerns regarding blocked exits and gate accessibility during next home game were discussed. Actions were assigned to Mark and Laura for follow-up.
Disabled Supporters Advisory Board Meeting:
  • Took place around two weeks ago. James to arrange for minutes to be sent through.
EFL Legislation and Ticket Sales:
  • EFL legislation on ticket sales to be confirmed in next meeting.
  • Discussion on next year's ticket offers with the hope of influencing pricing decisions before they are finalized.
Minutes Process:
  • Discussed and agreed on the format and timelines for the minutes.
Club Report by Angus Kinnear:
  • Update on the pitch's progress, the transfer window's outcomes, and the ongoing takeover were provided.
  • Big projects on optimizing data on the football side, and upgrades to Thorp Arch were mentioned.
Leeds UTD Women Football Team:
  • Discussion postponed as Adam Underwood had to leave.
Fan Tokens:
  • Discussion on fan tokens and Socios with an action for James to obtain an up-to-date position regarding fan tokens/gambling.
Feedback from Last Month's Games:
  • Mark raised concerns regarding Steward Training, first-aid training, and defibrillator accessibility.
  • Issues with stewards’ awareness and a specific incident were discussed, with actions assigned for further investigation.
Chair’s Business:
  • Discussions on merchandising costs, especially children’s kits, and actions were assigned to address merchandising and accounting inquiries in the next meetings.
Car Park Surface and Quality Diversity Inclusion Plan:
  • Discussions on disabled parking at the park and ride and the Quality Diversity and Inclusion Plan for the 22/23 season were held.
Rainbow Laces Game and Youth Supporters Advisory Board:
  • Queries about the Rainbow Laces game schedule and support for Youth Supporters Advisory Board were raised.
Next Meeting:
  • Date and time to be confirmed with Paraag Marathe.
Attachments
Supporter Advisory Board Meeting Minutes - Oct., 2023.pdf
(145.78 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
In Farke we trust...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The answers would be better ;-)
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:37 am The answers would be better ;-)
Now what fun would that be, Kenny? What in the world would we all have to complain about then :)
In Farke we trust...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:19 am Now what fun would that be, Kenny? What in the world would we all have to complain about then :)
Might make a few Injuns STFU if we knew the 49er's current situ and plans goin forward :shock:

But i'm pretty sure i'm one step ahead of them all, in reading between the lines ;-)

Some did actually come over on that banana boat 8-)
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Thank you for posting ATPA.

But I must admit that, whilst background information on anything Leeds United related should be of interest to me, these are particularly humdrum and banal.

I’m sure a Supporters Advisory Group is a good idea in principle and the members are well intentioned, but I now know that I won’t be rushing to join anytime soon. As soon as I saw the dreaded phrase “Equality, Diversity and Inclusion” my mind was made up.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Byebyegeegee wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:45 am Thank you for posting ATPA.

But I must admit that, whilst background information on anything Leeds United related should be of interest to me, these are particularly humdrum and banal.

I’m sure a Supporters Advisory Group is a good idea in principle and the members are well intentioned, but I now know that I won’t be rushing to join anytime soon. As soon as I saw the dreaded phrase “Equality, Diversity and Inclusion” my mind was made up.
There is a lot of painfully fluff, Bye, but great if you're looking for something to help you nod off :)

There is the occasional nugget, such a Angus revealing in the Sept. minutes that they left room for two incoming loans in the January window.
In Farke we trust...
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:45 am Thank you for posting ATPA.

Looks/sounds like a typical board meeting to me Bbg.

I’ve sat on many, and had forgotten most of the matters discussed 5 minutes after leaving the room.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello