Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Post match discussion

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Struijk

Post by Sean_Nile »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:48 pm At some point in the 90mins we're not gonna have it all our own way, like i said, they decided to go for broke, they snatched a goal which then gives them renewed vigour to go again, that's when it's down to the leaders on our pitch to start screaming orders and get everyone on their toes again and get a grip with organisation, DF can't do it all from the touchline.
I was listening to the Michigan Wolverines basketball coach give a talk and he was saying that they were having difficulties with team because they were not talking to each other.

So they played a short game with the idea to get everybody talking to each other, and the simple premise was "To say what they saw"

He believed that better on field communication leads to better game management... and that player need practice to learn to be more vocal.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Struijk

Post by Jaydog »

Say what you see. If you see it, say it.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:57 pm We became complacent & allowed a poor team back into the game, Paul

The lukewarm reception at the end of the game says it all.
I just disagree with you Leon. They had literally one sequence where they looked dangerous. And they opened us up and scored a GREAT goal! It happens sometimes. Rodon then marshaled the defense, got them organized again, and we closed them out.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:02 pm He’s like a Velociraptor

He's more like one of them other dinosaurs

Can't remember the name!

I think I need a Thesaurus!
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Post match discussion

Post by whiteinfrance »

Or that spanish player - Albertosaurus

Yes it is one - look it up

More difficult than fish this one
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:17 pm He's more like one of them other dinosaurs

Can't remember the name!

That narrows it down 😂
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:24 pm That narrows it down 😂
Or that great ex manager of ours - MASTODON
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Anyway - 2 winnable games next and then it gets more difficult
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:57 pm We became complacent & allowed a poor team back into the game, Paul

It's not always that Sidney, sometimes you've gotta look at what the Argyle manager might have done, we should've been out of sight in that first half with possibly 4 goals ala Huddersfield, but we weren't, so their manager gets them in and has to change things, he did, and DF has to figure it out.

That's why it's now time to go over the game during the week, i'm sure when they go over it they'll spot things that aren't immediate at the time, it's football Sidney, we did alreet.

And don't forget it's the 75th minute and he's got to judge players legs and if effort is waning, the subs have then got to get into the game, it's hardwork sometimes, Anthony nearly scored and Willy nearly got free, but the effort was there from Anthony when they were on the front foot, we were looking unstable at the time and i had a feeling he would be thinking about subs, i was worried coz the game was too close at that time, but if he thought fresh legs were the answer we've gotta chance it really, injuries occur and the engine might be running on empty to get back, tough decisions that can sometimes make him look like a prick.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Dramatic scenes as swan rescued from Leeds train station roof in career first for RSPCA officer
A dramatic swan rescue from the roof of Leeds train station was a career first for a valiant RSPCA officer.

The bird, which had become stranded and confused, was spotted by a member of the public who called the animal welfare charity.

Animal rescue officer Dave Holgate found the swan had been unable to fly as it was surrounded by high walls above the station, affecting its ability to properly take off as swans need a run-up of at least 30 metres to take off.

He said: “The swan had managed to get itself up there but it didn’t seem to want to move - it was obviously a bit perplexed about how to get down. I managed to safely catch it and saw that it wasn’t injured, so I was able to release it back into the River Aire where its cygnets were waiting for it.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

What some swans will do to get a better view of the game

Why can't she buy a ticket like everybody else!!
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

There's another thing that needs a second look at as well, was it when Byram went off that we started to slide ? Did the connection going forward with Jimmy and Kamara go off ?

All things to analyse.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:39 pm What some swans will do to get a better view of the game

Why can't she buy a ticket like everybody else!!
That's a great story. I've just looked it up on The Yorkshire Post website and saw the photo of said swan.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:48 pm That's a great story. I've just looked it up on The Yorkshire Post website and saw the photo of said swan.

Any relation? :-D
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:02 pm He’s like a Velociraptor
He has always had a bizarre gait running. Reminds me of an uncoordinated recruit marching. Turn that March into a run and that is the best way to describe it for me.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:37 pm Dramatic scenes as swan rescued from Leeds train station roof in career first for RSPCA officer
A dramatic swan rescue from the roof of Leeds train station was a career first for a valiant RSPCA officer.

The bird, which had become stranded and confused, was spotted by a member of the public who called the animal welfare charity.

Animal rescue officer Dave Holgate found the swan had been unable to fly as it was surrounded by high walls above the station, affecting its ability to properly take off as swans need a run-up of at least 30 metres to take off.

He said: “The swan had managed to get itself up there but it didn’t seem to want to move - it was obviously a bit perplexed about how to get down. I managed to safely catch it and saw that it wasn’t injured, so I was able to release it back into the River Aire where its cygnets were waiting for it.
I'm sure there's a damn good joke in there somewhere, but i'm beggared if I can find it. No doubt Hector will get it and aim it towards our own dear old Swannie.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Finnatic wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:08 pm Must be on coaches or cars because there is usually a direct train which doesn’t take that long.
Yeah, the guys I was taking to had driven.

Said they expected to get home around 1.30am.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

I'm sure there's a damn good joke in there somewhere, but i'm beggared if I can find it. No doubt Hector will get it and aim it towards our own dear old Swannie.

- The joke followed in the next post!!
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

9 games to go to January.

Rotherham away then 2 home games v Swansea and Boro.

We're going into the break with hopefully just a couple of knocks and Pascal can recover although LC's ok and did fine today.

I'm praying we can get to Jan and add, some luck on our side wouldn't go amiss neither and no injuries to key players.

The 4 are doing just fine, but i'd love to find a cracking No.10 that can do it in the Championship,

;@)
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:17 pm He's more like one of them other dinosaurs

Can't remember the name!

Thesaurus Rex ?