Leeds Utd v Swansea City Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Swansea City Match Thread

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

A little well-earned bubbly as Georgi nets his first goal at Elland Rd. :pop:

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1730011 ... gr%5Etweet
In Farke we trust...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:05 pm Well Leicester have matched the Sheff Wednesday one and they don't ha e the excuse of having no team for the first 4/5 weeks. Ipswich also drew at Rotherham, so that's that one shot out of the water ... Go back and watch the Rotherham game but without the preconceived biases
Very good points faaip
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:05 pm Well Leicester have matched the Sheff Wednesday one and they don't ha e the excuse of having no team for the first 4/5 weeks. Ipswich also drew at Rotherham, so that's that one shot out of the water ... Go back and watch the Rotherham game but without the preconceived biases
Rotherham were poor! They scored with their first shot of the match in the 46th minute due to own ineptness at the back, it was an awful equaliser from a Leeds perspective. Had we scored just one more of the abundance of chances we created, we win that game easily.

The Millers have lost 5-0 & 4-1 either side of our game. Rotherham, have conceded 37 goals, twice the amount of our tally & they are only averaging scoring one goal per game & are destined for League One football next season, already seven points behind the team in 21st position of the table.

Even though we scored three goals against Swansea last night, once again we missed a hatful of scoring opportunities.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:46 am Rotherham were poor! They scored with their first shot of the match in the 46th minute due to own ineptness at the back, it was an awful equaliser from a Leeds perspective. Had we scored just one more of the abundance of chances we created, we win that game easily.

The Millers have lost 5-0 & 4-1 either side of our game. Rotherham, have conceded 37 goals, twice the amount of our tally & they are only averaging scoring one goal per game & are destined for League One football next season, already seven points behind the team in 21st position of the table.

Even though we scored three goals against Swansea last night, once again we missed a hatful of scoring opportunities.
Don't panic, the manager will get all the blame for that.

If Carlsberg did football matches last night was as about as cozy as it gets, a decent performance, a good result, 3 different goalscorers, plenty of football, subs used well and timely, no injuries, everyone happy i think.
What do the stats tell us Cjay?

Can we all see where we're at now ? Coz that's about it - That's his chosen 11 that he's found in 3-4 months along with his best bench.

That's where we're at when everything is sweet shiny sparkly going swimmingly for us and no hiccups, that is our benchmark, and, he's got them playing as a TEAM to boot.

Myself, i feel Spence might add a bit more and also Willy if he could use his noggin and play more for the team and not an individual, the same can be said of DJ.

For now Cooper is decent enough back-up but needs replacing, PB is excellent choice at this level to be able to have on the bench, but is perhaps also at the end, Ayling is ok for now, but the writing is on the wall for him also.

Archie is young, but is decent cover at this level for the mids and at RB if not already playing there.

We do seem to have cover everywhere, but please realise we will be much weaker depending on how many changes are forced thru injuries and suspensions. There is nothing like having a settled team of players that get to know each other week in and week out, they learn to understand each other and each others runs and running off the ball, also where each player might be, so a 'searching' ball can be played.

I'm sure we can all see how Kamara and Ampadu are playing a lot better together now than their first game together, if DF suddenly has to introduce Gruev to the 11 for whatever reason instead of one of them, we can't expect it to be smooth from the off, if you also add another 3 or 4 changes we've got to expect to be unbalanced etc.

Anyhows my fingers and tootsies are crossed for a load of luck for DF, coz a lot of fckers here will hang him out to dry, come some bad luck.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

And also for me, because i haven't seen many minutes of them (but perhaps enough) and neither i bet have many of you.

I have the choice of you lot helping me decide if CC, Joseph, Joffy etc etc etc are good enough, or after last nights bench, i can choose who the manager feels is good enough to be working with.

And it definitely ain't any of you lot :)

THEY AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH FFS :!:

When a manager is trying to build a team and still prefers LC over CC, it tells you summert :shock: DING DING :!: :idea:

Now if i wanna be polite - It tells me he might prefer experience over yoof, it tells me he might not feel CC is ready yet, it tells me he thinks CC's level is Millwall atm - bottom 6 not top 6.

Now if i want to be a twat - It tells me he thinks he's shite, he doesn't feel he can trust him, he doesn't get on with him, he's a bull in a China shop.

Anyhows quite simply, it tells me they ain't in his plans if he has a full squad, and last night was his 'full squad'
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:11 am Very good points faaip
Only you two who agree about the Millers. Talking to five of my pals who attended the game, they wasn't too complimentary about Rotherham, nor were they impressed with Leeds, for the record.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:14 am And also for me, because i haven't seen many minutes of them (but perhaps enough) and neither i bet have many of you.

I have the choice of you lot helping me decide if CC, Joseph, Joffy etc etc etc are good enough, or after last nights bench, i can choose who the manager feels is good enough to be working with.

And it definitely ain't any of you lot :)

THEY AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH FFS :!:

When a manager is trying to build a team and still prefers LC over CC, it tells you summert :shock: DING DING :!: :idea:

Now if i wanna be polite - It tells me he might prefer experience over yoof, it tells me he might not feel CC is ready yet, it tells me he thinks CC's level is Millwall atm - bottom 6 not top 6.

Now if i want to be a twat - It tells me he thinks he's shite, he doesn't feel he can trust him, he doesn't get on with him, he's a bull in a China shop.

Anyhows quite simply, it tells me they ain't in his plans if he has a full squad, and last night was his 'full squad'
Same with our non-starters, we seem to get worse with every sub made, the only impact our subs have made was at Norwich.

Gnonto should be tearing this league up, right now he can't lace either Summerville or Georginio's boots, two players who make things happen with their individual quality.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I’m telling you, if that Georginio goal was Haaland the BBC would cut a newsflash into their broadcast to show everyone. It was that good.

Stop looking for the Goal of the Season, we’ve just seen it.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:35 am Only you two who agree about the Millers. Talking to five of my pals who attended the game, they wasn't too complimentary about Rotherham, nor were they impressed with Leeds, for the record.
We beat ourselves v Rotherham, we kept them in the game when we should've been ruthless and played to our strength/s

It would be brilliant for our season if everyone came out and came at us like Swansea and others have done and got battered, but please don't do it as good as Soton did.

And i can only hope that if teams aren't falling for being dragged out of position, that DF sees this and then goes full throttle at them, even throwing caution to the wind if he has to, coz we'll still be the better attacking team.

It's when he doesn't realise that when teams like Stoke think - " Yeah, go on then, have the fcking ball at the back, knock it about to your hearts content, we don't give a fck, you're no danger to us down there in your own half, and we'll just all get back into our formation of 5-3-2 or whatever, and wait for you dummies to bring it further forward, piece of piss this, we know you're better than us and thankyou very much for slowing the game down, we were quite scared of you blitzing us with the best front 4 in the Championship atm, oh and btw, we can also catch our breath whilst you're fcking abart, cheers DF :tup: "

Lighten up please DF, go on the attack away from home as you do in the main at home, there's only a few sides in this league good enough to give us a game, if we play to our strengths.

;@)
airedale
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by airedale »

Aye the way he took it down from over his shoulder was a thing of beauty ,think garnacho may get goal of the season though :)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Orange Box wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:00 am I’m telling you, if that Georginio goal was Haaland the BBC would cut a newsflash into their broadcast to show everyone. It was that good.

Stop looking for the Goal of the Season, we’ve just seen it.
Yeah, there was a lot to like about that goal, not sure about goal of the season though, but what with the pass, control, holding, running, finishing - It might win goal of the month.

Are we all glad it wasn't Ampadu passing it to PB ?

Jimmy and Rutter are showing some classy close control and skill, i hope it's good enough for the Prem if we get there,
DJ lacks this, perhaps coz his legs are too fast for himself lol, him and Willy would do well to look up more, or, be more aware of what's available to them, if the ball does come to them. Piroe also has some nice touches about him, and shouldn't just be played as a Chris Wood type 9 - Df's got them ticking along ok for now.

I'm also enjoying seeing how Kamara is the man that sometimes makes it look like a 4-1-4-1 when going forward and Ampadu a touch back.

Byram was again different gravy to loosehead, i'm in no rush to replace him at LB, i just wish it wasn't the gormless fcker waiting in the wings.

For me that's our best, and well done to DF for finding it in the short time he has. It's good enough for a relegation battle in the Prem, and hopefully good enough to challenge for promotion here, but he needs luck.

;@)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:24 am Yeah, there was a lot to like about that goal, not sure about goal of the season though, but what with the pass, control, holding, running, finishing - It might win goal of the month.

Are we all glad it wasn't Ampadu passing it to PB ?

Jimmy and Rutter are showing some classy close control and skill, i hope it's good enough for the Prem if we get there,
DJ lacks this, perhaps coz his legs are too fast for himself lol, him and Willy would do well to look up more, or, be more aware of what's available to them, if the ball does come to them. Piroe also has some nice touches about him, and shouldn't just be played as a Chris Wood type 9 - Df's got them ticking along ok for now.

I'm also enjoying seeing how Kamara is the man that sometimes makes it look like a 4-1-4-1 when going forward and Ampadu a touch back.

Byram was again different gravy to loosehead, i'm in no rush to replace him at LB, i just wish it wasn't the gormless fcker waiting in the wings.

For me that's our best, and well done to DF for finding it in the short time he has. It's good enough for a relegation battle in the Prem, and hopefully good enough to challenge for promotion here, but he needs luck.
Passing to PB? Now you’re frightening me. Heaven forbid we have to rely on him as first choice, that’s where we need our best luck.

DF is bringing out a different Kamara to the player I used to watch at Rangers. He’s playing much more forward these days and rarely plays a backward pass now. If he does it’s usually to a player with a good option to move the ball positively.

I too think DF knows his best XI let’s just hope he gets that luck to keep them intact. That then allows him to build his best PL team cautiously and positively.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

airedale wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:08 am Aye the way he took it down from over his shoulder was a thing of beauty ,think garnacho may get goal of the season though :)
Of course, I’m forgetting there’s a scum option in the mix.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Orange Box wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:18 am Passing to PB? Now you’re frightening me. Heaven forbid we have to rely on him as first choice, that’s where we need our best luck.

DF is bringing out a different Kamara to the player I used to watch at Rangers. He’s playing much more forward these days and rarely plays a backward pass now. If he does it’s usually to a player with a good option to move the ball positively.

I too think DF knows his best XI let’s just hope he gets that luck to keep them intact. That then allows him to build his best PL team cautiously and positively.
Ahh that's good to know - So you see something different do ya, i know nowt about him, i know Gerrard really liked him, i can see why Gerrard liked him, he has similar movement to Gerrard also.
So that's the biggest difference you see is it, him further forward ? When he was a regular for Rangers, where did he mainly play ?

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

And what formation at Rangers OB ?

;@)
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

On what I’ve seen of Kamara so far, is why did Rangers get rid? Surely it can’t be about his ability?

Pretty astute signing for us.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:18 am Passing to PB? Now you’re frightening me. Heaven forbid we have to rely on him as first choice, that’s where we need our best luck.
Paddy is doing my head in, I watched him in total despair last night, again.

We can do so much better, his salary tag is keeping him at ER, for what.....nothing :(
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:55 am On what I’ve seen of Kamara so far, is why did Rangers get rid? Surely it can’t be about his ability?

Pretty astute signing for us.
He’s been a revelation hasn’t he, something stupid like £5M too.

Just goes about his business quietly, nothing flash. Him and Ampadu really compliment each other.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Kamara. Rangers got rid because he called out the club for showing a backwards mentality after the Europa final. They sold their best player, Bassey, and Kamara said publicly he thought rangers should be pushing on and building around him rather than cashing in. Michael Beale who came in never picked him.

He accused a Prague player of racial abuse which was initially disregarded. Only when Kamara got sent off in the return fixture for tw*tting same player did Rangers support him. The Pragueplayer got a 10 match ban. Kamara was supported at the next Old Firm game by both sets of players clapping him on the field.

Positionally, he played right middle in a 4-3-3, so he was more defensive. Rangers under Beale played a very slow build up looking to thread through to a typical CF. Kemal Roofe or Morelos. Morelos was bonkers and Roofe was, well, Roofe. That said, Beale won the league, so he must have been doing something right, but his football wasn’t exciting.

Kamara was always a smooth player with good positioning and not afraid to stick a foot in.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Glen Kamara was a firm favourite at Rangers, my mates were sickened when he was allowed to leave, still are and they keep an eye on his progress for us, he won player of the year in Finland as well as many player of the year at Rangers' supporters' clubs.
As OB says above , he wasn't backed when he should have been, like I said when we got him, Rangers' loss, is our gain.
A new lease of life and more loving appreciating fans is what Glen needs, he's got both at ER.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"