Blackburn v Leeds Player Ratings

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Blackburn v Leeds Player Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Ratings & comments welcomed

Meslier
Gray
Rodon
Struijk
Byram
Ampadu
Kamara
James
Summerville
Piroe
Rutter
subs:
1964white

Re: Blackburn v Leeds Player Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Bump
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 7.5
Gray - 8
Rodon - 8.5
Struijk - 8
Byram - 6
Ampadu - 7
Kamara - 6.5
James - 7
Summerville - 8
Piroe - 7
Rutter - 8.5

Spence - 7.5
Gnonto - 7.5
Anthony - 6.5
Gruev - 6
Joseph - 6.5
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I realise this is very subjective. There was only one player who got anywhere near an 8 IMO and that was Struijk he was my Motm with 7.5.

Followed by Amps who battled like hell the 2nd half to stop them getting a foothold.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:41 pm I realise this is very subjective. There was only one player who got anywhere near an 8 IMO and that was Struijk he was my Motm with 7.5.

Followed by Amps who battled like hell the 2nd half to stop them getting a foothold.
As long as whomever is scoring is consistent then who the f**k cares.. So much depends on how you score. My guess is most wait till after the game when recency bias rules. I score right through the game using a base 6 as average
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Meslier - 6
Gray - 7
Rodon - 8
Struijk - 7
Byram - 6
Ampadu - 8
Kamara - 6
James - 7
Summerville - 8
Piroe - 6
Rutter - 7

Spence - 5
Gnonto - 5
Anthony - 5
Gruev - 4
Joseph - 4
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Not the best spectacle but the other side of us... ie working hard for the clean sheet and two breakaway goals. That's the difference for us, we don't have the control of a LC but we will hurt you if you if they don't take their chances. The team looked jaded and especially the midfield they looked knackered.

Meslier - 5: Looked shaky at times today. The wind is atrocious this way but he should have caught a few balls today. He looks short of confidence atm for some reason. Rovers cut the wide cb playout ball we normally do so he punted it up field a few times.

Gray 6.5: I thought they targeted Archie, especially first half and got in behind a few times. Lovely assist for Jimmy's goal. Silly booking

Rodon 8: Once again the best defender on the park.

Struijk 7: We got the clean sheet.

Byram 5: I have been his biggest fan so far this season but he was off it from the start today. His worst game for a while. I think he was injured before the injury.

Ampadu 6: I thought our midfield looked knackered today. They really are getting stretched by teams pressing and then overloading. Its becoming a recurring theme. Too deep for the most part. Silly Booking.

Kamara 6: They pressed him really well and he got caught in possession a few times. He plays in front of Amps in a sort of 4-1-1-4 and against the better sides its getting exposed abit.

James 6: A couple of good forward attack but some wasteful play. Brilliant finish again from Dan.
Summerville 8: Our deadly weapon. Another great goal... although at the time i thought he dithered a bit too long again. What do i know.
Piroe 6: Finds that little pocket of space that sets some of our attacks off. Leaves the midfield wide open.

Rutter - 6.5: Another assist for Gorgi but for the most part his tricks didn't come off today.

I thought the subs changed the momentum today. Pace and the quality coming on seemed to affect rovers and we scored not long after. Blackburn are a very Championshippy side, they remind me of Hull in many ways, short in quality but tactically decent.

Their commentators are supposed to be biased but i thought they were fair enough other than the pen shouts. I wouldn't have been happy with the ref if i was one of them.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Blackburn v Leeds Player Ratin

Post by DDB220 »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:44 pm As long as whomever is scoring is consistent then who the f**k cares.. So much depends on how you score. My guess is most wait till after the game when recency bias rules. I score right through the game using a base 6 as average
Rutter did well to win the ball back after trying a step over that went completely wrong. He showed good strength but the defender was woeful and if that had been Cooper he would have been lambasted for it.

He needs to temper the need to try a trick every time in possession. At this level the chances of getting hurt when he loses possession is not that hazardous, in the Prem it will be a different story. He has lots of qualities and he has a great work ethic now. I am not so bothered about missed chances as we generally create a lot at this level and he is still improving as a player and I am sure his conversion rate will improve. The conditions today were tough and I have no doubt that he like a few others found controlling the ball tricky. Under such circumstances IMO I would expect players to be a little bit savvy and temper their game accordingly.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Any more ratings?
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier - 7 - Once again, not a lot to do, but came up with the great save when we needed it. Now learn to catch the ball.
Gray - 7.5 - Sublime work with Summerville for the second goal. He's playing out of position, certainly.
Rodon - 8 - Best defender on the park by a good margin.
Struijk - 7 - Rough start, got left in the dust a couple of times. Much better second half.
Byram - 7 - Just hope his injury isn't serious
Ampadu - 7.5 - Our latest Klich
Kamara - 6.5 - Solid, if unspectacular
James - 7.5 - Brilliant finish for the first goal. As teams continue to concentrate on Summerville, James continue to come up big.
Summerville - 8 - Occupies at least two defenders everywhere he goes and still manages to score
Piroe - 6 - Largely anonymous
Rutter - 7 - Beautiful work with Archie on the second goal

Spence - 7 - He's quite a physical presence in the back
Gnonto - 6
Anthony - 6
Gruev -
Joseph -
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:24 pm Meslier - 7 - Once again, not a lot to do, but came up with the great save when we needed it. Now learn to catch the ball.
Gray - 7.5 - Sublime work with Summerville for the second goal. He's playing out of position, certainly.
Rodon - 8 - Best defender on the park by a good margin.
Struijk - 7 - Rough start, got left in the dust a couple of times. Much better second half.
Byram - 7 - Just hope his injury isn't serious
Ampadu - 7.5 - Our latest Klich
Kamara - 6.5 - Solid, if unspectacular
James - 7.5 - Brilliant finish for the first goal. As teams continue to concentrate on Summerville, James continue to come up big.
Summerville - 8 - Occupies at least two defenders everywhere he goes and still manages to score
Piroe - 6 - Largely anonymous
Rutter - 7 - Beautiful work with Archie on the second goal

Spence - 7 - He's quite a physical presence in the back
Gnonto - 6
Anthony - 6
Gruev -
Joseph -
Inverted full back so he's becoming the 3rd central mid at times and for me Kamara is more Klich than Ampadu ..
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:07 pm Inverted full back so he's becoming the 3rd central mid at times and for me Kamara is more Klich than Ampadu ..
I think that's and apt comparison, SH, at least on the pitch :) Kamara has really grown into the role since his first match and shaking off the rust of his unusual preseason given his situation with the Rangers. Beings a calmness and steady hand to the midfield, especially in terms of progressing the ball--that's not at all intended as any kind of complaint about Ampadu and his performance, just how Kamara plays. Both great off-season pick ups.
In Farke we trust...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 7
Gray 7
Rodon 8.5
Struijk 8
Byram 7.5
Ampadu 7
Kamara 6
James 7
Summerville 7
Piroe 6
Rutter 7

Gnonto 7
Sprnce 7
1964white

Post by 1964white »

6 Meslier
7 Gray
9 Rodon
8 Struijk
7 Byram
7 Ampadu
6 Kamara
7.5 James
7.5 Summerville
6 Piroe
7 Rutter
subs:
7 Gnonto
6 Spence

I can't rate players that are only on the pitch for less than 10 to 15 minutes.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:07 pm Inverted full back so he's becoming the 3rd central mid at times and for me Kamara is more Klich than Ampadu ..
They used to say of Klich, watch the game and you don't see him. Watch him and you see the game.

I get the same feeling about Ampadu; that's why the Klich comparison.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:40 pm They used to say of Klich, watch the game and you don't see him. Watch him and you see the game.

I get the same feeling about Ampadu; that's why the Klich comparison.
Yes, and I get that with Kamara not Ampadu.