Bristol City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Bristol City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Was great hustle by Jimmy to pinch it off the CB though. Maybe someone on his wavelength might have made a run on the off chance. Taken a gamble. Given him an option.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:48 pm Was great hustle by Jimmy to pinch it off the CB though. Maybe someone on his wavelength might have made a run on the off chance. Taken a gamble. Given him an option.
Odds are the keeper goes down so the chip as a perfectly good option.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:00 pm Odds are the keeper goes down so the chip as a perfectly good option.
I’d say his ability to hit a ball at pace with bend is far better than his ability to lob. On all known evidence. Anyway it was all fine in the end. No criticism of Jimmy as an all round excellent performance
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:43 pm I’d say his ability to hit a ball at pace with bend is far better than his ability to lob. On all known evidence. Anyway it was all fine in the end. No criticism of Jimmy as an all round excellent performance
A split second decision from the player himself, who'll definitely be kicking himself after DF's kicked him a few times him being an ex forward himself. So many options, with a lob being the last, like Weasel said, one step to the right and coolly slot it home.

Shimmy to the left, shimmy to the right, even nutmeg the fecker.

But lob ? Dream on. You hit the nail on the head Jay - The keeper could only dream he'd try that dumb thing, and where did that lob that brings the keeper into play, end up exactly huh ?

Exactly.

He should be rock smashing in Siberia.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:54 pm A split second decision from the player himself, who'll definitely be kicking himself after DF's kicked him a few times him being an ex forward himself. So many options, with a lob being the last, like Weasel said, one step to the right and coolly slot it home.

Shimmy to the left, shimmy to the right, even nutmeg the fecker.

But lob ? Dream on. You hit the nail on the head Jay - The keeper could only dream he'd try that dumb thing, and where did that lob that brings the keeper into play, end up exactly huh ?

Exactly.

He should be rock smashing in Siberia.
Harsh 😂
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:19 am Anyone who understands football can see what Paddy give us, his running & work rate is phenomenal, a nightmare No.9 for any CB, especially at this level.
:tup: :tup: :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Got a run of 5 games in 17 days coming up, so we need to start using the squad more. Cresswell, Cooper, Byram, Shackleton, Anthony and Piroe should all be starting on Tuesday.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:01 pm Got a run of 5 games in 17 days coming up, so we need to start using the squad more. Cresswell, Cooper, Byram, Shackleton, Anthony and Piroe should all be starting on Tuesday.
Use them in the Plymouth cup game then.

Apart from say Byram, I don't want to see the other five starting whilst we are on this excellent run.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:01 pm Use them in the Plymouth cup game then.

Apart from say Byram, I don't want to see the other five starting whilst we are on this excellent run.
Tuesday is the replay.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

SG90 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:01 pm Got a run of 5 games in 17 days coming up, so we need to start using the squad more. Cresswell, Cooper, Byram, Shackleton, Anthony and Piroe should all be starting on Tuesday.
Agree. Give everyone else a game in the cup.

At least the next couple of games are 4 days apart, not 3. And Farke has said that's not a problem. But I'd still be happier giving all the fringe players a chance and losing (would take a win) than winning with our 1st 11.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

He will make changes for Tuesday without a doubt. Hence the late subs on Friday. He probably wants the ones who will be stepping in to be as fresh as possible.
Hard to second guess the number of changes- but I suspect Cooper, Piroe, Shacks, Anthony will start. There will be other fringe players introduced off the bench depending on the performance and score
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

DDB220 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:01 pm He will make changes for Tuesday without a doubt. Hence the late subs on Friday. He probably wants the ones who will be stepping in to be as fresh as possible.
Hard to second guess the number of changes- but I suspect Cooper, Piroe, Shacks, Anthony will start. There will be other fringe players introduced off the bench depending on the performance and score
You'd expect since that's what he did for the first game. Plus Gnonto to keep building his fitness.

Would be nice to get Cresswell and Joffy involved. But I doubt he'll go that far.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

"Leeds were far too good"

"They look a better side than the teams we faced in the cup, West Ham & Forest"

"What a bargain Summerville was at £1.3m"

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:33 pm "Leeds were far too good"

"They look a better side than the teams we faced in the cup, West Ham & Forest"

"What a bargain Summerville was at £1.3m"
Nice to hear. I do believe we're the best in the league on everyone's best day.

No argument on Summerville. I almost said yesterday that he looks like Messi in this league.

I wonder about context of comparisons to the premier league clubs. Assuming neither put out a full strength 11 against Bristol City