Chelsea v Leeds - Post Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Chelsea v Leeds - Post Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:42 pm Where the hell have we ended up. The only tarmac I'm aware of in American-speak, is an airport runway--exactly how much Guinness did you drink?
Too much. When in Ireland. Some wicked craic though to be sure.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:55 pm I knew i was on dodgy ground, but couldn't resist coz it instantly came in my head..."Jeez Sara's on one today" was my initial thought, instantly followed by the post :twisted:
I know..

;-)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:43 pm The Germans like their poo jokes do they? I took German for one week one summer during primary school, but all we got to do was make pretzels. Feel like I missed out some real culture sharing.
I'd take that as a win ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:46 pm Too much. When in Ireland. Some wicked craic though to be sure.
Which is where I am right now, just finished my Guinness ration for the evening in the Crown in Belfast. So I can deliver more tarmac tomorrow if you’re running short . Hic
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Orange Box wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:11 pm Which is where I am right now, just finished my Guinness ration for the evening in the Crown in Belfast. So I can deliver more tarmac tomorrow if you’re running short . Hic
Would have met you for a beer OB but I've had to come to Fuerteventura for a week, the hardship. The Crown is a great bar especially if you get one of the booths, if you’re looking for somewhere nice to eat try Hope Street. They do a pre theatre menu, lovely food & nice owners plus you can take in your own drink. PS. Get up to the north coast, stunning scenery.
This post is sponsored by the Northern Ireland tourist board 😁
Keeping The Faith
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:11 pm Reet, i've just gone over this a number of times, and i'm not looking to jump on the guy, but what the feck does Firpo go to Gallaghers left for for that goal, i just don't get it, he's got to see the trajection of the ball and where it's coming to Gallagher and he just has to get goal side, wtf is he doing going to Gallaghers left for ???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/68418575
Can someone please attempt this ^

I'm not picking out Firpo coz of the usual, if it was Cooper or anyone else i'd be asking the same, doesn't anyone else see this ? I'm not interested in the build up ,but even i as just a non league footballer (ex) would've either won the ball incoming with a clean tackle or just got to the balls direction and blocked out the player the ball and the chance by smothering him and it.

In fact it's just schoolboy defending that.
Last edited by Kennyb41 on Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:10 pm Would have met you for a beer OB but I've had to come to Fuerteventura for a week, the hardship. The Crown is a great bar especially if you get one of the booths, if you’re looking for somewhere nice to eat try Hope Street. They do a pre theatre menu, lovely food & nice owners plus you can take in your own drink. PS. Get up to the north coast, stunning scenery.
This post is sponsored by the Northern Ireland tourist board 😁
I’m here with my wife for her birthday just for a few days this time round but usually come with some mates so next time for sure 🍻
Did eat in Hope St last night (sort of) Red Panda, Joy Inn was chocker and Hope St closed.
Enjoy your sunshine, it was glorious here yesterday but not as warm as you I guess.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
marie67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by marie67 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:08 am Can someone please attempt this ^

I'm not picking out Firpo coz of the usual, if it was Cooper or anyone else i'd be asking the same, doesn't anyone else see this ? I'm not interested in the build up ,but even i as just a non league footballer (ex) would've either won the ball incoming with a clean tackle or just got to the balls direction and blocked out the player the ball and the chance by smothering him and it.

I can see it and said something similar on page 3.
I don't know if its a lack of concentration or awareness.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

marie67 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:02 pm Firpo is poor at tracking his man and sensing where the danger is.
Saw it a few times tonight including for the winner.
He watches the ball too much i think.
So you did, sorry i missed this. His awareness and decision making defensively is terrible.

Dog can you put a bet on a player to get booked in a match ? Coz he's a walking booking to me and a license to print money.

He certainly doesn't watch the ball and where it's heading for that Gallagher goal though Marie, or more worryingly he does, and what the feck is he thinking.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
marie67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by marie67 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 am So you did, sorry i missed this. His awareness and decision making defensively is terrible.

Dog can you put a bet on a player to get booked in a match ? Coz he's a walking booking to me and a license to print money.

He certainly doesn't watch the ball and where it's heading for that Gallagher goal though Marie, or more worryingly he does, and what the feck is he thinking.
No kenny he doesn't watch the ball for that goal. That was more about concentration, awareness and sensing where the danger was.
There was an earlier attack that i was thinking about where he was watching the ball on the left wing and just let his man run free into the box.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:08 am Can someone please attempt this ^

Easy he's looking at the player outside him, by the time it comes into Gallagher he can't make that challenge. Penalty incoming. To be honest the 20 I think has done well creating doubt. Imo.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Evie talks a lot of sense.

Well, all five do, two of them at the game.

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:04 am Easy he's looking at the player outside him, by the time it comes into Gallagher he can't make that challenge. Penalty incoming. To be honest the 20 I think has done well creating doubt. Imo.
So you feel it's impossible for him to be watching the build up play and expected ball in, whilst also being fully aware of where his player is do you ?

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:04 am Easy he's looking at the player outside him, by the time it comes into Gallagher he can't make that challenge. Penalty incoming. To be honest the 20 I think has done well creating doubt. Imo.
Penalty incoming ? How dya work that out ?

Sid where's that analysis geek that went over the PB shebang ? I'll get him to go over Waltzing Maltilda's fck up for their third.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

In fact which page are the highlights of this game on ? Like trying to find a feckin needle in a haystack on here

Now there's an idea, when we do put the post match thread up and post highlights, why don't the creators put "Chelsea post match, Highlights on page1" in the title.

Just a thought, time's money.

;@)
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:45 pm So you feel it's impossible for him to be watching the build up play and expected ball in, whilst also being fully aware of where his player is do you ?
Not at all , just watching him and what takes place. A more competent defender deals with it . You asked what Firpo was doing.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Penalty incoming in Firpo's mind as he actually backs out of a challenge.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

And I'm not going to murder him for it. His play has improved markedly especially the defensive side. Is he great no , the best we have possibly.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'll leave that then to the judges.

;@)