Coventry City post match discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Coventry City post match discussion

Post by Jaydog »

We’ve been average for quite a few games.
Plenty of points on the board that could easily not be there. Probably from memory starting with Lester at home.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Rodon & Ampadu, our two most involved players in the game, once again.

Blummin' heck, these two warriors have had to work their socks off to keep us afloat, this season.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:31 am Once again we made a mess of the cross at the back post for the first goal

Meslier was totally out of position.
The clearance from Gray was woeful.
Rodon beaten in the air for the flick-on.
Bamford & Firpo lost Simms at the near post.

Caught out at the back post yet again for the second goal

We have a corner with Rodon heading the ball goalwards & the goalie palms the ball out, then a good defensive clearance up field.
Summerville chases back to hold up Coventry's play.
Roberts also helping Cree out on the left.
Gray runs back
Rodon & Ampadu busted a gut to get back in the box.
Meanwhile, Archie stopped running to follow Wright, which cost us in the end.

Defending, at the back post is our achilles heel. Calamity stuff!
To be fair to Archie he is one of the few players who does bust a gut. If you look at the running stats he is right up there. I know who won’t be. The question is why is Roberts on the opposite side of the pitch. I know you have designated defenders for corners who are the initial defence for a break but they had all their players in their own box when that corner was delivered.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:18 pm To be fair to Archie he is one of the few players who does bust a gut. If you look at the running stats he is right up there. I know who won’t be. The question is why is Roberts on the opposite side of the pitch. I know you have designated defenders for corners who are the initial defence for a break but they had all their players in their own box when that corner was delivered.
But, Archie did stop for some reason as Rodon & Ampadu ran past him.