Leeds Utd v Blackburn Rovers Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Match Thread Leeds Utd v Blackburn Rovers Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

Saturday 13th April 12:30pm | Elland Road

Leeds must return to winning form this Saturday lunchtime as they face Blackburn Rovers in the War of the Roses clash. With just five points from their last twelve possible, Leeds risk falling behind in the race for automatic promotion. The top three teams have all faltered, leaving Leicester at the summit solely on goal difference. Following Leicester's defeat on Friday night, Leeds will be especially motivated to secure a positive result against Blackburn. Ipswich, scheduled to kick off against Boro two and a half hours later, could see Leeds temporarily take the top spot with a win or draw.

John Eustace's team are no slouches. They scored five goals against Sunderland earlier this month and held Southampton at bay last weekend. Sammie Szmodics leads the division in goals, having already netted 29 times this season. Despite their attacking prowess, they currently sit three points above the relegation zone with 46 points. Their defense, conceding twice as many goals as Leeds so far (66 vs. 33), poses a significant vulnerability that Leeds will look to exploit.

The last encounter between these two sides in early December at Ewood Park saw Leeds emerge victorious with goals from Dan James and Crysencio Summerville. However, goals have been scarce for Farke's men lately, prompting criticism of the Leeds manager's team selections. Patrick Bamford, despite recent underwhelming performances, retains his place in the starting lineup, as Farke seems hesitant to make changes.

The mere eight-minute cameo for Messrs Piroe and Joseph against Sunderland speaks volumes about their place in the pecking order. Barring any new injury concerns, we can anticipate an unchanged lineup for Saturday's match. Pascal Struijk remains sidelined and Suart Dallas announced this week that his injury will force him to retire from professional football at the end of the season.

Spring Offer! Get NordVPN with up to 66% off + 3 months free...

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Blackburn Rovers Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

I miss Pablo!!! :verysad:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Farke needs to get over himself and admit he's got things wrong recently and make changes.

Won't hold my breath as it took him months to admit he got Piroe and Rutter wrong.

But changes needed, in style and players.

Give the players more freedom to take risks.

Get Roberts in for Kamara and move Gray into midfield with instructions to get forward and be brave on the ball.

Get James out for Gnonto.

Get Piroe or Joseph in for Bamford.

I would say get Piroe in for Rutter (as Georgie is looking flogged to death half fit) but No way DF does that.

Make changes and be brave.

And if it isn't working do something!!!! Don't just watch and stroke your beard till the 80th minute.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I don't see wholesale changes, DF will stick with that lump up front as usual in the hope he scores and can justify it (which won't justify it at all, simply law of averages)
I agree Rutter has lost that spark, even his unpredictability is now unpredictable and other teams have his timing.
Won't be surprised to see the same line up.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier
Roberts
Firpo
Gruev
Rodon
Ampadu
Gnonto
Kamara
Joseph
Georginio
Summerville

for me, though Piroe for Kamara is really tempting, again rest Gray, he's only just 18 and playing a lot of games, he's probably hit the rookie wall
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

DF has to make changes....
Here is my take on who should play...... The Rutter role is a tricky one, but I would give it to Piroe
and see how he does.

Meslier
Roberts Rodon Ampadu Firpo

Gray Gruev

Gnonto Piroe Summerville

Joseph
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:56 pm Farke needs to get over himself and admit he's got things wrong recently and make changes.

Won't hold my breath as it took him months to admit he got Piroe and Rutter wrong.

But changes needed, in style and players.

Give the players more freedom to take risks.

Get Roberts in for Kamara and move Gray into midfield with instructions to get forward and be brave on the ball.

Get James out for Gnonto.

Get Piroe or Joseph in for Bamford.

I would say get Piroe in for Rutter (as Georgie is looking flogged to death half fit) but No way DF does that.

Make changes and be brave.

And if it isn't working do something!!!! Don't just watch and stroke your beard till the 80th minute.
DF is a very good manager of people and gets the best out of these players and has done a great deal for LUFC BUT he is no tactician he is unable to change his plan A tactics during a game. It is sad but correct.
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

Musicman1965 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:42 pm DF has to make changes....
Here is my take on who should play...... The Rutter role is a tricky one, but I would give it to Piroe
and see how he does.

Meslier

Gray Gruev

Gnonto Piroe Summerville

Joseph
I would agree or perhaps 3 at the back
Meslier
Rodon Ampadu Cooper

Roberts Gray Gruev Firpo

Gnonto Summerville

Joseph
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Musicman1965 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:42 pm DF has to make changes....
and see how he does.

Meslier

Gray Gruev

Gnonto Piroe Summerville

Joseph
I'd let Piroe lead the line tbh. It's not like its alien for him to score in the Championship. He may not be blessed with pace, but neither is Bamford. It's being in the right place at the right time.

If Piroe is leading the line, I'd have James instead of Gnonto, for the goals and his pace.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

There's just 1 simple thing he needs to do, and it ain't a change in players bar perhaps Gnonto.

Stop the pissballing about and go on the attack with the proverbial kitchen sink thrown at them.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Blackburn hammered at Bristol City !
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

We have (potentially) the attacking talent to kill most teams off in the first half....so sod it all and let's go for the jugular.....first goal against these will probably ensure a comfortable victory.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

If tonights game dosen't put extra fire in our belly then nothing will, it's there for the taking, difficult yes, but within our possibilities.
Hopefully we aren't the team that fades away now, beat Blackburn and we're right back on track.
If it's tight with 25 mins left, throw the lot at em.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Throw the lot at em from the start !
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Gnonto needs to start, it is no coincidence that our lacklustre performances since the Int’l break have one common denominator- his absence from the starting line up. His presence on the right adds balance to our attacking prowess. If he starts Saturday, I will have my told you so shoes ready to slip on.

James is great for counter attacking with space to run into, but against a team sat deep he is largely ineffective and wasteful on the ball.

Gnonto starting is the only change I can envision DF making.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Just looked at top 6 and he by gum lad if we fail for automatics the teams currently 4th 5th and 6th are gonna beat us that's for sure.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

If this season is anything to go by we will probably struggle.
Look at the league table as it stands right now. Five of the current bottom 6 have taken points off us this season.
Out form over the last four games is worrying, too many players seem to be running on fumes.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

If Bamford was a true gentleman he would feign injury at half time if he hadn’t scored, or had missed more than five sitters. Side before self etc.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Whit a bunch o' weeping Wullies, whit ur ye pontificating aboot, whoo tae play, an' whit furmation. Dae ye hink Farke is gonna take yin bit o' notice o' yur peely wally opinions.

Yur awe cawin' fur change this, an' change that, whit dae ye ken aboot fitness, illness, mentul healf o' the team. Everyhing ye say is mere speculation, don't know yur arse frae yur elbow.

An if by sum miracal Farke dis make the changes ye want, ah can see ye awe clappin' yin anither on the back an' congratulating yursells, aboot bein' sae astute. But if it disnae wurk oot you'll awe complain why wid he change a winin' formula... Ye numpties.

Yur awe promotin' yursells as pundits, sayin' whits wrong an' whit ye wid dae tae pit it richt... Gee it a rest wid ye, jist stop flapping those big gums o' yurs, it's enuf tae burst a tall man.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

60sUnited wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:07 pm Throw the lot at em from the start !
From the start of the 80th minute.