The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 30th April) All Phillips is interested in, is playing for Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 30th April) All Phillips is interested in, is playing for Leeds

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:14 am I had a random call from someone in Daventry this morning. That’s where all the Coventry rejects live so maybe it’s an omen.
Defo Jay the look is with us :scarfe2:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 30th April) All Phillips is interested in, is playing for Leeds

Post by White Riot »

whiteinfrance wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:20 am Davis injured is he not?
Oh aye, forgot about that, he'll have 100 injections today and declare himself fit to help us out :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Phillips is Leeds royalty, get him back here
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:18 am Reduced to 2 after the FA wait til the last week of the season so they can decide which team at the bottom they’d prefer to stay up.
Yeah that would not surprise me - think they are terrified of relegating a team due to points deductions
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

WhiteRose wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:36 am Yeah that would not surprise me - think they are terrified of relegating a team due to points deductions
You do know that it isnt the FA who are making these points deduction decisions dont you?
Or the Premier League.

It has been handed over to an independant commision to bring the charges to bear.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

Kalvin wants to return? The lyrics to “I Will Survive” are suddenly going round my head…
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

Lots of Philips negativity on here. I’d have him back and here’s why.

Fitness can be regained , especially when driven by desire to succeed.

Kalvin would 100% not want to let leeds down.

Given the right support he would regain his confidence.

Pep might be a top coach but obvs didn’t have the right approach to bring the best from kalvin. Bielsa clearly did.

He’s played at a very high level. As player of team in wc for England. We need some more experience end kalvin could add that in spades.

28 is not too old. Still 4 years left. That plenty to make a difference.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:35 am Phillips is Leeds royalty, get him back here
He abdicated. The phrase, "Thank you for your service" comes to mind. Closely followed by, "how was the grass on the other side?"

It's not as though he's likely to have many other options is he? And only if we get promotion? That really smacks of a massive desire to help us out.

It's like an adulterer asking his wife to take him back: there will always by a loss of trust.

Not for me, I'm afraid.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

I would have thought there will be plenty of offers from other Premiership clubs for his services. Not the big boys of course, but others if they got him for the right price might be willing to take the gamble on him.
Be very surprised if he ended up back in the Championship.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:17 pm He abdicated. The phrase, "Thank you for your service" comes to mind. Closely followed by, "how was the grass on the other side?"

It's not as though he's likely to have many other options is he? And only if we get promotion? That really smacks of a massive desire to help us out.

It's like an adulterer asking his wife to take him back: there will always by a loss of trust.

Not for me, I'm afraid.
Well that’s an extreme comparison.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I would have him back in a heart beat if his fitness levels are right. It is a myth to suggest his ability to pass the ball is reliant on Bielsa. I do not blame him for wanting to move on, he had a good look at the Marsch methods and when you have a team like Citeh courting you it would be almost impossible given all the circumstances to turn it down.
It didn’t work out for him - it didn’t work out for Salah and DeBruyne at Chelsea, Cole Palmer at Citeh, who can forget Torres at Chelsea the list is endless. Phillips is a Leeds lad, his heart and soul is intrinsically linked to the club. Bring him back for me ….IF he has no injury or fitness issues.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:42 pm Well that’s an extreme comparison.
Thank you.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Phild
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Phild »

Outcome nailed on the way the season has gone.
Ipswich lose tonight and we still miss out on autos.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:17 pm He abdicated. The phrase, "Thank you for your service" comes to mind. Closely followed by, "how was the grass on the other side?"

Not for me, I'm afraid.
💯 OB

They have a saying here in Bulgaria when a man is thinking of accepting his wife, or partner back.

'Why would you want to eat the meal you've just vomited?" :sick:
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

GreennWhite wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:21 pm I would have thought there will be plenty of offers from other Premiership clubs for his services. Not the big boys of course, but others if they got him for the right price might be willing to take the gamble on him.
Be very surprised if he ended up back in the Championship.
The Championship is his natural level.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:28 pm Thank you.
My pleasure
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

White Riot wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:16 pm 💯 OB

They have a saying here in Bulgaria when a man is thinking of accepting his wife, or partner back.

'Why would you want to eat the meal you've just vomited?" :sick:
Nice :zip:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

It’s all he’s interested in now as his career has crashed & burned. He wasn’t interested before was he. Don’t make me laugh. Maybe he can come back but all this “oooh it’s all I want to do” is total bollocks.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I'd definitely take Kalvin back. But it doesn't seem financially viable. Would he take a huge pay cut?
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Thanks but no thanks to Kalvin. He had 3 decent seasons for us under Bielsa. Two of those were in the Championship. One was played in empty Premier League stadiums. He was injured a LOT. With England he always had much better players around him. I've said for as long as I've been on this board that he was overrated.
Football/Futbol/Soccer