Leeds Utd 0-1 Arsenal Match Thread - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Match Thread Leeds Utd 0-1 Arsenal Match Thread - Post Match Debate

Post by Ellandback1 »

Sunday 16th October 2.00pm | Elland Road

League leaders Arsenal are the visitors to Elland Road on Sunday lunchtime, as Leeds go in search for their first win in almost two months. The cards couldn't be stacked any more in the Gunner's favour! The most inform club in the Country faces a struggling Leeds side who have only picked up two points from their last five games.

Leeds have not beaten the Gunners since May 2003 when strikes from Kewell, Harte and Vikuka gave the Whites an unlikely 3-2 victory at Highbury helping them to survive the 2002/03 season by the finest of margins.
Leeds welcome back Luis Sinisterra after his one match ban, following his sending off against Aston Villa almost a fortnight ago. Media sources are indicating that Rodrigo will make way for the Columbian. Jesse Marsch must decide what whether he wants to make any changes in defence. Wing backs Luke Ayling and Junior Firpo are pushing for a return to the starting line up but Kristensen's impressive display against Crystal Palace may give him a slight advantage. Similarly, Struijk has been solid at left back, though Marsch may decide to switch him to centre back, which could open the door for Firpo.

Patrick Bamford and Joe Gelhardt have largely been ineffective up front this season. It is hoped that once they get back on the scoresheet, their confidence will grow, and goals will start to flow. Italian International Wilfred Gnonto netted the only goal of the game for the U21's against Sunderland on Monday evening, and is expected to be given some game time.

Arsenal face a trip 200 miles inside the Arctic Circle on Thursday evening to face Norwegian minnows Bodo/Glimt. Mikel Arteta chose to rest Gabriel Jesus in preparation for Sunday's game. Former on loan Striker Eddie Nketiah could become the first Englishman to score in five consecutive starts in the Europa League if he gets on the scoresheet tonight (Thursday). Oleksandr Zinchenko is doubtful for Sunday's game. He picked up a calf injury in training several weeks ago, and has not fully recovered.

Be more secure streaming games this season! Get NordVPN with 68% off + 3 months free...

Last edited by Ellandback1 on Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Arsenal make seven changes from the win over Liverpool in the Premier League on Sunday for their match in Norway this evening.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Why are things so obvious to me but not the fcking manager.

Pat and Rodrigo can't play together ffs they can't be in the same team, if you've got this shiny new system Jesse use ya fcking noggin ffs, if you're too scared to drop sulky Rodrigo coz he's been bangin them in then play him for 45min and run him into the ground then throw Lord Snooty on ffs.

Same with some of the others, we've got 5 subs now, get your wingbacks busting a gut then replace the fckers.

Decide which 2 players are as good as each other in a certain position i.e Jack/Sinisterra.....Aaronson/?.....Klich/ ? etc etc

Start Rodrigo and have an eager beaver PB itching to get on.

Start Sinisterra and have an eager Jack to come on....keep players in their best fcking positions....Start Rasmus with an eager Ayling waiting to come on after Rasmus has busted a gut...rocket science it ain't.

Start both Adams and Roca telling one he's playing full game and the other to bust a gut and replace with Gyabi/ Klich...find something that works ffs and fast....you've loads of options, get your tactics right....and ....wait for it ...wait for it.....YOU'VE A FULL SQUAD OF PLAYERS UNLIKE BERT !!! WOTCHA GONNA DO HUH WHEN 3 KEY PLAYERS ARE OUT FFS !!!

And relaxxxxxxx.

Hey ! GD is down though :tup:

Scene from film Gladiator : " ARE YOU ENTERTAINED"........64 " ARE YOU ENTERTAINED ?"
Last edited by Kennyb41 on Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

I can't see anything other than an Arsenal victory.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Don’t expect anything but a loss but could at least do with a decent performance to gird their loins for the run to the World Cup break - something like a hard battled 2-3 or 1-2 would be just about palatable a draw would be fantastic.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:01 pm Why are things so obvious to me but not the fcking manager.

Pat and Rodrigo can't play together ffs they can't be in the same team, if you've got this shiny new system Jesse use ya fcking noggin ffs, if you're too scared to drop sulky Rodrigo coz he's been bangin them in then play him for 45min and run him into the ground then throw Lord Snooty on ffs.

Same with some of the others, we've got 5 subs now, get your wingbacks busting a gut then replace the fckers.

Decide which 2 players are as good as each other in a certain position i.e Jack/Sinisterra.....Aaronson/?.....Klich/ ? etc etc

Start Rodrigo and have an eager beaver PB itching to get on.

Start Sinisterra and have an eager Jack to come on....keep players in their best fcking positions....Start Rasmus with an eager Ayling waiting to come on after Rasmus has busted a gut...rocket science it ain't.

Start both Adams and Roca telling one he's playing full game and the other to bust a gut and replace with Gyabi/ Klich...find something that works ffs and fast....you've loads of options, get your tactics right....and ....wait for it ...wait for it.....YOU'VE A FULL SQUAD OF PLAYERS UNLIKE BERT !!! WOTCHA GONNA DO HUH WHEN 3 KEY PLAYERS ARE OUT FFS !!!

And relaxxxxxxx.

Hey ! GD is down though :tup:

Scene from film Gladiator : " ARE YOU ENTERTAINED"........64 " ARE YOU ENTERTAINED ?"
Of the players we have who do you like in the CAM role Kenny? Aaronson has played there. But I think he is much better coming from the right side.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:17 pm Of the players we have who do you like in the CAM role Kenny? Aaronson has played there. But I think he is much better coming from the right side.
We haven't got a decent one Paul, that's why i'd prefer 4-1-4-1.

If forced to choose i really don't know, but it's definitely not Rodrigo with PB up top that's for sure, Aaronson definitely better on the right in a 3 man or in the middle right of a 4-1-4-1
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Aaronson is probably the best we have atm but it doesn't get the best out of him, and i don't know enough about the kids to say, but none of them seem to be good enough.....something like...Jack...Klich/Adams?...Aaronson...Sinisterra... might work, but it would need Bert.

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Just on sheer talent our best attacking players are Bamford OR Rodrigo, Harrison, Aaronson, and Sinisterra. But Brenden is much better on the right than in the middle. Sinisterra's best spot is on the left. Jack's ONLY spot is on the left. Maybe is't time to try Sinisterra in the CAM role. We have tried everything else... :|
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Yeah you're probably right, tbh i didn't consider him coz i've not seen him play enough, didn't even think of him tbh, but now you say....don't see why not, and yeah i'd like to see that.

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

So here is my lineup then:

......................................Bamford...................................

..........Harrison.............Sinisterra............Aaronson....

.......................Roca........................Adams.....................

Strujk............Cooper....................Koch........Kristensen

......................................Meslier.......................................
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:15 pm So here is my lineup then:

......................................Bamford...................................

......................................Meslier.......................................
Yeah i'd go with that, give LC a last chance.

Run Bamford into the ground see if he can start getting 50mins then 60mins etc etc then replace with Rodrigo.

Same with Rasmus/ Ayling.

Possibly Strujik/ Firpo.

Sinisterra/ klich?

Aaronson/ Summerville ?

Roca/ Gyabi?

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Arsenal too good atm though for anything we have, but if it did beat them it would be a big statement.

That team should beat the lower half teams though.

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I'd go with that but put Llorente in for Koch. The Llorente & Cooper partnership in our first season back was pretty solid and haven't been impressed with Koch, I think he gets drawn out of position too easily which leads to the rest of the defence looking disjointed. Would look to have a very fluid interchanging of positions for Harrison, Sinisterra and Aaronson.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

weasel wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:58 pm I'd go with that but put Llorente in for Koch. The Llorente & Cooper partnership in our first season back was pretty solid and haven't been impressed with Koch, I think he gets drawn out of position too easily which leads to the rest of the defence looking disjointed. Would look to have a very fluid interchanging of positions for Harrison, Sinisterra and Aaronson.
I will admit that Lloriente is better playing right center back than left. But I think Koch has been very good this season. If he has been out of position it's usually because he was covering for Kristensen, Lloriente, or Cooper. All of whom have been adventurous to say the least at times this year.

With regard to the 3 attacking midfielders. It's all about finding a combo that works. This is the one that hasn't been tried. And I agree that when the system is working there will be plenty of interchange. Particularly between Sinisterra and Aaronson. I think Jack will mostly stay out on the left.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The thought of them all interchanging is what we'd want but i think Jack would let that down, but if they got it right it could be 'awesome'.

But if Sinisterra and Brenden got it off to a tee that could really fck up some defences and add Bamford into the mix i'd like to see it in action, might take a couple of games but they'd get better and better as they got to know each others runs and begin to know and trust where each other would be at any given time.

Weasel's right about the defence being disjointed it's where we are now and why we're struggling to bring the ball out from the back, Bert had his own way of doing it but also KP as the vital link and cog there along with Cooper.

Our wingbacks flying forward now coupled with a few more things like Llorente being a Hee Haw at it, Koch going awol and Cooper not seemingly knowing what to do now Bert and KP have gone, along with Dallas and Ayling not there and the whole systems a complete rebuild that Jesses failing to get anything like working atm, big things like that need everyone working together like a well-oiled machine...the Right CB would slip over a little to cover the RB and vice versa at LB with 1 (in KP's instance) or both DM's using their brains to read the game and cover as necessary....you see having 2 DM's leaves us stronger defensively for the numpties here that want to keep GD down, whereas the expert Bert turned KP into something special that enabled us to have a 4-1 in front of him to go on the attack with, whereas we now have 3-1 or even worse with his dick a 2-2....anyway i've forgot what i'm on about so will leave it there...

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Who or what do we think Jesse will blame for the Palace defeat, will he take it on the chin himself this time in his upcoming presser ?

;@)
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Every fiber in my body his yelling Arsenal but then there is my brain saying you just never know at about 3% chance. I think the lads will raise their game but ultimately, like it so often does with Arsenal, their superior quality shines thru in the end.

Harrison to drop back at RB, :duno: Pascal to move inside instead of Coops. Bamford to drop out for Rodrigo (no i mean it) and Sini, Klich & Brendon in behind.

O when the Whites...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Off I go to ER,

Come on Leeds.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:24 am Off I go to ER,

Come on Leeds.
Enjoy, if you can enjoy watch us get battered
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods