Become a site contributor for the new season

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Become a site contributor for the new season

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Become a Site Contributor

We have been the place for Leeds fans to meet and discuss all matters Leeds United for over 16 years but it’s not just about the General Chat, there are plenty of other things on the site. Keep up on the latest Leeds United news via our blog or Twitter. The latest stories appear on the homepage or you can check out our database for statistical information on Leeds United and club history. More to come on this during the season.

Providing this service costs money in terms of hosting, domains and software and time in terms of development and administration work. The site has been funded over the years thanks to generous contributions from our members and more recently from advertising. Unfortunately ad revenues have dropped in recent months whilst costs have risen. We appreciate that not everyone likes the adverts, as such we try to limit the number of them on the site and the inconvenience they cause when browsing the site.

To help support the site in a different way we offer you the opportunity to become a Site Contributor. Contributors will have an ad free experience (provided you are logged in), get a Site Contributor rank on their profile.

Help make Marching on Together the best Leeds United forum on the internet and take out a subscription today!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Become a site contributor for the new season

Post by 1964white »

How many contributors do we currently have, Adam?
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:06 am How many contributors do we currently have, Adam?

Not as many as the season before, about seven
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:09 am Not as many as the season before, about seven
Is that all? :shock:

That won't keep the site going.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

The problem I had before was that I kept getting logged out, and redirected to Bet365 every time I tried to log back in. That issue finally seems to have resolved itself, so I don't mind contributing again. I don't want the special badge though!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Ok, tried it, and it won't let me select the pay with debit card option. It keeps overriding that with the PayPal thing.

🤷🏻‍♀️
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Sara wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:49 am Ok, tried it, and it won't let me select the pay with debit card option. It keeps overriding that with the PayPal thing.

🤷🏻‍♀️

You can pay with a debit card via PayPal. PayPal is the only payment processing service we have though

Can provide bank details by PM for anyone who doesn't like to use PayPal
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I am happy to contribute. I do not want a contributor rank nor do I use PayPal, which has increased their transaction percentage to a rather extortionate amount.
If there is an account I can set up a monthly direct debit to can someone send me the details via email and what the going rate is.
Many thanks

DDB
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

DDB220 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:57 am I am happy to contribute. I do not want a contributor rank nor do I use PayPal, which has increased their transaction percentage to a rather extortionate amount.
If there is an account I can set up a monthly direct debit to can someone send me the details via email and what the going rate is.
Many thanks

DDB

Amount is up to you, but suggested contributions are £5, £10 or £20 per year

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Maybe Paypal is the stumbling block for some, Adam, although I guess a section of our members want everything for free.

I know some won't subscribe to watch Leeds on LUTV & would rather watch a stream if available, human nature I suppose!

I've just paid the Supporter's Club I travel with to Elland Road home games £75 coach fares for our first five home games, plus £3.50 membership.

I shall update Jill & my subscription in October.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:09 pm Amount is up to you, but suggested contributions are £5, £10 or £20 per year

That's courteous of you, Adam :tup:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:38 am Is that all? :shock:

That won't keep the site going.
I assumed it was a lot more than 7 :shock:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:15 pm Maybe Paypal is the stumbling block for some, Adam, although I guess a section of our members want everything for free.

I know some won't subscribe to watch Leeds on LUTV & would rather watch a stream if available, human nature I suppose!

I've just paid the Supporter's Club I travel with to Elland Road home games £75 coach fares for our first five home games, plus £3.50 membership.

I shall update Jill & my subscription in October.
Maybe some can't afford it. Bit unfair to label people cheapskates when you don't know their circumstances.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I thought a site contributor was someone who contributed something worth reading, is that why there’s only 7 😂
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:33 pm I thought a site contributor was someone who contributed something worth reading, is that why there’s only 7 😂
Whos your 7 Jay 8-)
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:54 am You can pay with a debit card via PayPal. PayPal is the only payment processing service we have though

Nope, doesn't work. Keeps asking for my email each time, and telling me to log in to PayPal.

I can pay you directly as long as all I need is my card details etc. My banking app doesn't work either, so I can't use that.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Sara wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:40 pm Nope, doesn't work. Keeps asking for my email each time, and telling me to log in to PayPal.

I can pay you directly as long as all I need is my card details etc. My banking app doesn't work either, so I can't use that.

Should be able to select 'Pay with Credit/Debit Card' then checkout as a guest.

PayPal.png
PayPal.png (15.35 KiB) Viewed 5011 times
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:36 pm Whos your 7 Jay 8-)
I’m struggling for 2 tbh 😁
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:44 pm Should be able to select 'Pay with Credit/Debit Card' then checkout as a guest.

PayPal.png

I've tried that for our five times now - it keeps taking me back to the previous page instead of to the checkout.

I'll give it one last go, but I lose the will very rapidly with this sort of thing.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Just charge a flat rate of £12 per year to join. It’s nothing. I just cancelled my subscription to Jackie magazine so PM me the bank details Adam as I never use Paypal