Leeds Utd 4-3 Bournemouth. UNCUT VERSION. You'll feel you were there.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread - Bamford misses out due to injury

Post by DDB220 »

I do not think JM will ignore the difference the changes made. He is IMO too loyal to players under performing. I can understand the dilemma. Rodrigo is a sulker, if he left out of the starting line up to one of the youngsters he will be on a plane to Spain. Harrison may react positively but he needs a spell on the sidelines. If we can stop losing the ball 8/10 needlessly when trying to mount an attack, particularly in a central position we will be less likely to be exposed by the counter with our fullbacks in the opposition half.

This is our main problem for me under this system, it the pass isn’t there do not try and create the impossible. Harrison and Rodrigo are guilty of this time after time.

Gnonto - 19 years old but plays with more maturity than the pair of them. Aaronson will also benefit as he plays every game with what appears to be a compulsion to make something happen. The responsibility for creativity should be spread across the front 4.

Will be interesting to see how Marsch reacts, he made good game changing substitutions in the 2nd half and he deserves credit for that.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:34 pm It is and could prove very costly. They look nervous and clueless and constantly leaving at least one unmarked, generally the furthest one from the point of attack. This result still only masks over the huge cracks that appear at the back every game but I'll enjoy the victory made possible by our youngsters who are showing the tried and tested wasters how it's done.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Captain calamity leading by example :roll:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

His half time team talk included “don’t be phased by the negativity in the stadium”.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:26 pm So Jesse can change it mid game?
Remember you saying 7 points from these 3 games. I said 4. You may not be far out. What with Summerville you must feel like a smug ba***rd tonight 😀
Hopefully I'm 2 out

Smug? Me ? Yep
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:43 pm His half time team talk included “don’t be phased by the negativity in the stadium”.
He has made digs at the fans before

Not smart.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:24 pm He was bailed out cos Bournemouth sat back on their 3-1 lead. We look worldbeaters when teams do that against us but we are so fragile at the back.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
IMO Marsch made some good substitutions, who steadied the ship. I also think Bournemouth were not going to be able to keep the pace for 90 minutes.

Summerville was great. He won us the penalty, and calmly slotted away the way, just like he did against Liverpool last week. For a player with barely any first team experience, he's coming along really nicely, though I thought we went missing a bit at some points during the game.

Greenwood did all the basics well, didn't give the ball away cheaply, and got in some great positions.

And what about Gnonto. He was like the cog, that kept us ticking over, great passer of the ball, again, he didn't give the ball away cheaply, has great acceleration, and definitely what we'd call a thinking player. His assist for Summerville was inch perfect.

Without the services of Bamford and Sinisterra, we've kept our scoring tally ticking over. We're scoring more goals, and conceeding less under Marsch than what we did under Bielsa.

If Bielsa had been Manager, we would be seeing Klich and Tyler Roberts come on, and Summerville would not have had his opportunity. Youth are being given a chance under Marsch, and its great to see.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:45 pm He has made digs at the fans before

Not smart.
I wouldn’t have mentioned that in his interview if I was him.
Between him & the players that’s fine but not to the media. I think he said stick to the tactics which had been tweaked slightly and ignore the negativity. Some things are better left unsaid.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:45 pm IMO Marsch made some good substitutions, who steadied the ship. I also think Bournemouth were not going to be able to keep the pace for 90 minutes.

Summerville was great. He won us the penalty, and calmly slotted away the way, just like he did against Liverpool last week. For a player with barely any first team experience, he's coming along really nicely, though I thought we went missing a bit at some points during the game.

Greenwood did all the basics well, didn't give the ball away cheaply, and got in some great positions.

And what about Gnonto. He was like the cog, that kept us ticking over, great passer of the ball, again, he didn't give the ball away cheaply, has great acceleration, and definitely what we'd call a thinking player. His assist for Summerville was inch perfect.

Without the services of Bamford and Sinisterra, we've kept our scoring tally ticking over. We're scoring more goals, and conceeding less under Marsch than what we did under Bielsa.

If Bielsa had been Manager, we would be seeing Klich and Tyler Roberts come on, and Summerville would not have had his opportunity. Youth are being given a chance under Marsch, and its great to see.
:tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:47 pm Ok ok we hard you the first time :lol:

(Kidding)
Sorry my bad... self flagellation this evening I promise ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:24 pm Rod in the middle and NOONE to feed it to.

Bloody hell this needs sorting.
Definitely saw that a lot first half. Rodrigo was so isolated up front. The attacking 3 a long way behind. Harrison especially. Obviously why he brought on Gnonto.
March712
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by March712 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:49 pm I wouldn’t have mentioned that in his interview if I was him.
Between him & the players that’s fine but not to the media. I think he said stick to the tactics which had been tweaked slightly and ignore the negativity. Some things are better left unsaid.
It appears to be that, as he has a mouth, he says stuff...be it the right thing or the wrong thing, it just comes out; it will be his downfall eventually. :shhh:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't mind him having a small dig at the fans ... I didn't like the booing and I never have. No need for it, best kept for the pantomime villain ........... and happy to wait for the obvious retort
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:13 pm Klich getting ready.

Why?
Was that a last minute change by Marsch? I didn't see the sideline. But the commentator said Klich was coming on. Then it was Greenwood. I thought the commentator made a mistake. But did Marsch actually change his mind?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:49 pm I wouldn’t have mentioned that in his interview if I was him.
Yeah not sure it's sensible to take these little digs (intentionally or not).

Problem with Jesse is I think sometimes he just opens his mouth and words come out and he tries to project confidence.

Problem is its well known he went to the Leipzig board and told them he wasn't up to the job.

It's false confidence.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:30 pm Said in the week Greenwood was the best deadball striker at the club ...
Yes you did. And I backed you up on that. Looked like every corner he took went into a successful area. Must be nice to only need one man at the corner flag allowing us to put an extra man in the box.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:42 pm Adams has sat deeper this half ...
That was a nice tactical shift. Roca sits behind Adams. Bringing Greenwood is more attacking, with Adams playing the anchor.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:16 pm Yes you did. And I backed you up on that. Looked like every corner he took went into a successful area. Must be nice to only need one man at the corner flag allowing us to put an extra man in the box.
Yes you did.. cheers
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Bongo1874 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:43 pm Rodrigo furious, that's two manager's he's done that with.

Serious attitude problem that lad.
It was a poor show by Rodrigo when he was subbed. He's part of the "leadership committee." Should have been firing Joffy up as he left the pitch.

At least he was first on the pitch to celebrate the winning goal. But needs to show more encouragement when he's subbed.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:19 pm That was a nice tactical shift. Roca sits behind Adams. Bringing Greenwood is more attacking, with Adams playing the anchor.
Had he played there first half we wouldn't have conceded three..Roca is more a Klich like player needs to play central, not defensive and be that quiet hardly noticed controller in the middle of the park, he has that in him. It's plain to see
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:43 pm We really need a set piece taker. I'd even take 47 year old Beckham. :lol:
Sam Greenwood

Might be pushing for more starts. Definitely offers a more attacking midfield option at times than the two DM's we usually play.