Byebyegeegee wrote: ↑Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:06 pm
I wish someone could learn to take a free kick from just outside the box. Two today within about 5 minutes in the first half and both posing no threat at all, each just skied well over the bar, one by Roca and one by Bamford - such an anticlimax!
It just shows the lack of technical quality in our squad. Lots of hustlers. But no top quality. Harrison has a touch of quality. He's our most quality player. But he's not a Rolls Royce. I don't think Leicester envisaged him replacing James Maddison in dead ball situations.
This squad does need to add a little more quality as/if we consolidate our place in the premier league.
andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:15 pmIt just shows the lack of technical quality in our squad. Lots of hustlers. But no top quality. Harrison has a touch of quality. He's our most quality player. But he's not a Rolls Royce. I don't think Leicester envisaged him replacing James Maddison in dead ball situations.
This squad does need to add a little more quality as/if we consolidate our place in the premier league.
Not for me, it shows we lack a world class FK taker which you need to be to get the ball up over the wall and down quick enough to hit the target... Most players can't do it, Greenwood is the closest. We probably need to work on alternatives to the shot at goal from those positions
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Byebyegeegee wrote: ↑Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:06 pm
I wish someone could learn to take a free kick from just outside the box. Two today within about 5 minutes in the first half and both posing no threat at all, each just skied well over the bar, one by Roca and one by Bamford - such an anticlimax!
1964white wrote: ↑Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:40 pm
Was it Joe?
9 substitutions
2 sending-offs
Ayling injury.
Well, one of those sending offs was during stoppage prior to my comment. The subs were pretty rapid/fluid. The Ayling injury justified more than 4 minutes, but 7 is just such a long time. Maybe I’m getting more cantankerous in my older age and am harkening back to the days where 2-3 minutes were the norm. I also had a rooting interest in the game ending as soon as possible
JoeDenver wrote: ↑Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:35 pm
Well, one of those sending offs was during stoppage prior to my comment. The subs were pretty rapid/fluid. The Ayling injury justified more than 4 minutes, but 7 is just such a long time. Maybe I’m getting more cantankerous in my older age and am harkening back to the days where 2-3 minutes were the norm. I also had a rooting interest in the game ending as soon as possible
Officially, referees add-on a minimum of 30 seconds for each substitution so that accounts for four & half of the seven minutes added-on-time.
I noticed the referee added on two minutes in the first-half, Harrison was down longer than the allocated time.
WhiteRose wrote: ↑Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:09 pm
The commentators were so anti Leeds it was unbelievable, probably every sentence was about the wolves penalty appeal, the. They were absolutely desperate for the 4th to be chalked off.
I know…was saying the same thing earlier. Their disbelief at Roca’s supposed “tug” on Traore’s shirt preceding Rodrigo’s goal was a bit much for me. If that would’ve been called a foul, that should be the end of any goals allowed during a set piece ever again (only penalties or ruling the play dead would be the only possible outcomes). The partial commentary was too much…
Last edited by JoeDenver on Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
faaip wrote: ↑Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:51 pm
like for like .. Roca for me isn't a DMF
I agree. But I’m wondering what his ideal position is in the PL. I’m wondering if he’s just not PL standard. Arguably our worst player today (and had a perfect assist for Wolves off Meslier’s clearance)
I think it’s great that refs are adding on more time. It started at the WC. In Qatar, once players knew that all their time wasting was to no avail, the feigned injuries decreased dramatically.
The ones that really annoy me is when in injury time a keeper gets booked for time wasting yet no more time is added on.