Leeds Utd 2-1 Nottingham Forest - UNCUT VIDEO.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd 2-1 Nottingham Forest - Post Match Debate

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:40 am I do wonder if some of our fans have played football in their lives.
I played till 21 but a bad tackle at 15 which broke my leg in 2 places and incredibly painful (more so as they set the leg wrong and had to have it re broken 3 weeks later) and I was never the same since, never really going into the tackle again. I coached (assistant with my uncle as manager) and scouted for 4 years at U12 to U 15 level, taking a 0-12 team conceding over 100 goals a season to winning the title in 2 years... I was very good at spotting talent

I was a very good 6 a side striker.... but I had a top class teacher
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

faaip wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:04 pm I played till 21 but a bad tackle at 15 which broke my leg in 2 places and incredibly painful (more so as they set the leg wrong and had to have it re broken 3 weeks later) and I was never the same since, never really going into the tackle again. I coached (assistant with my uncle as manager) and scouted for 4 years at U12 to U 15 level, taking a 0-12 team conceding over 100 goals a season to winning the title in 2 years... I was very good at spotting talent

I was a very good 6 a side striker.... but I had a top class teacher
Love the NHS. I broke my wrist when I was 9. They put the cast on the wrong wrist. They discovered it because my grandad came to visit me in hospital and started fooling around with my "good" wrist. I told him that wrist really hurt too. He said "well it's the other one that's broken." He told the nurse. They checked the xrays and discovered the "good" wrist was actually the one that was broken.

Slightly O/T but I always love that story. And I do thank my grandad for unwittingly exposing the medical error.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

DDB220 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:03 pm I missed that chance during the game and I haven’t seen the chance on any highlights reel. However, whilst I understand what you are saying, one of the basic rules for a striker is to work the keeper, therefore getting the shot on target is fundamental as a secondary chance may occur.
I understand your point and yes the shot should be on target, I hate free kicks that are off target, but anywhere on target but for a tiny area and the keeper, especially someone as good as Navas, is saving it comfortably. It is towards the end of the highlights reel on the skysports one if you get chance to watch. Bamford does miss more than his fair share of chances but people highlighting that miss are picking the wrong miss to highlight.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:48 pm Rutter just joined us at the wrong time. He should have been a summertime signing. That's when he'll start to make an impact.
I would be guessing that he was on our radar and because he became available we jumped in and signed him rather than waiting till the summer and then maybe missing out. Possibly we could have done similar with other players such as CDK, Gakpo etc but decided not to sign them in January, when we could have got them, as it wasn't the right time but then found we had more competition for their signatures in the summer and lost out on them. Maybe also the fact that Gnonto did so well after us initially looking to wait until January before signing him made them think that Rutter could have come in and acclimatised as quickly and made an instant impact too.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:40 am I do wonder if some of our fans have played football in their lives.
That'll be be then,don't suppose playing in the park with your mates count ?
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:38 pm Yes he did take the phrase ' get up his arse' a little too literally. Paddy has never felt so wanted since he's been at Leeds.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
🤣
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: I do wonder if some of our fans have played football in their lives.
I played right back for the juniors & senior school teams and our keeper through those years would go on to play professional football for a few clubs such as Luton & chesterfield and I think Mansfield in 80's/90's then went on to goalkeeper coaching . When Dennis Wise left Swindon for Leeds managers job he took his goalkeeper coach with him to Leeds who just happened to be my old schoolmate and Leeds fan Andy Beesley. He was there a couple of years with Wisey, Gus Poyet and then Simon Grayson if my memory serves. Shame he didn't get success there but he's moved on and last I heard he was coaching in Shanghai, nice work if you can get it. He was always in the dugout at the Leeds games ..lucky bugger ! Just googled him , he's now in India Image
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Beasley

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Just found out Andy is now coaching in India and his manager is...drum roll....Simon Grayson .having a very successful season apparently.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd 2-1 Nottingham Forest - UNCUT VIDEO.

Post by 1964white »

malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

1964white wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:37 pm Swannie enjoys these uncut videos of our games, just as I do.

Thanks for posting. For us fans across oceans, who can't get to Elland Road too often, it's a treat to get pitchside and tunnel perspectives and atmosphere. :clapp:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

malcolmw wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:13 pm Thanks for posting. For us fans across oceans, who can't get to Elland Road too often, it's a treat to get pitchside and tunnel perspectives and atmosphere. :clapp:
A pleasure Malcolm :tup:

I was behind those nets taking photographs whilst the players were warming up.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Swannie enjoys these uncut videos of our games, just as I do.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

The lass in Suffolk with a strong Yorkshire accent still hasn't watched it :roll:
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:40 pm The lass in Suffolk with a strong Yorkshire accent still hasn't watched it :roll:
There might be a good reason for that

:tumbler: :tumbler: :tumbler: :tumbler: :tumbler: :rol: :rol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:49 pm There might be a good reason for that

:tumbler: :tumbler: :tumbler: :tumbler: :tumbler: :rol: :rol:
BB & Mrs 64 are the same, maybe all the three on the booze :lol: