1964white wrote: ↑Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:45 pm
We've signed three more players since the baggies game, with Schmidt to come I suspect.
True but one more quality signing would have made us far stronger candidates for promotion. However it's only 20 games until the next transfer window and maybe we can strengthen then if it's deemed necessary.
Jammy 07 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:50 pm
True but one more quality signing would have made us far stronger candidates for promotion. However it's only 20 games until the next transfer window and maybe we can strengthen then if it's deemed necessary.
Ps; It will be
Unusual for LUFC to do transfer business in January, we didn't do enough in 2023/24.
1964white wrote: ↑Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:13 pm
Unusual for LUFC to do transfer business in January, we didn't do enough in 2023/24.
I think we'll be forced into it.. Schmidt's agent seems to have posted he's at ER so that likely our deadline day transfer.. It's been a very poor window for us and it's mostly in the hands of Solomon being "worth it"
His injury history
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Certainly not the best window ever but I’m not prepared to give Farke any excuses this year, he has a good enough squad to get us promoted, maybe not quite as good as last year but I don’t think we have the calibre of competition this year either.
WhiteRose wrote: ↑Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:41 pm
Certainly not the best window ever but I’m not prepared to give Farke any excuses this year, he has a good enough squad to get us promoted, maybe not quite as good as last year but I don’t think we have the calibre of competition this year either.
I agree with all this. I personally believe the squad has a better balance on paper this season. There are a few unknowns in terms of the players signed, but I recalled someone saying when Ampadu was signed that he was always in a relegated team.
I have more faith in Farke’s judgement of players at this level than any of the self proclaimed - I told you so, I was the only one who said that, he is ready now …blah blah blah - prophets.
Last edited by DDB220 on Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cjay wrote: ↑Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:13 pm
Two polls been done on transfer window.
Waccoe one few hundred votes.
Top 3 results
5/10
4/10
3/10
Graham Smyth posted a twitter one 14000 votes.
Underwhelming top with 41.7% of the votes.
Just over 50% voted for Underwhelming or not good.
It might end up being ok, but it's a 4/10 as it stands.... we stand and fall on Solomon really. He's the very high risk marquee signing here, and he's only a loan. Going to be interesting to see how Farke integrates these players, most of our eggs in the left wing basket
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
weasel wrote: ↑Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:16 pm
We've certainly had far worse. How good it has been will ultimately be decided in the next few months regardless of opinion.
The Subhuman wrote: ↑Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:18 pm
It might end up being ok, but it's a 4/10 as it stands.... we stand and fall on Solomon really. He's the very high risk marquee signing here, and he's only a loan. Going to be interesting to see how Farke integrates these players, most of our eggs in the left wing basket
This basically
I suspect he will resort back to his Buendia mark 2 inverted right winger stuff.
I’m not really into the doom and gloom on this window to be honest.
I get we’ve lost big players in Summerville, Rutter and Gray but we got good money for Rutter and Gray and brought in 7/8 players. Some folk claim to be clairvoyant, and able to claim that these new lads will fail but we simply don’t know.
As always, I’ll be there tomorrow supporting the club, and I’m more convinced now that promotion is definitely within reach.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello