Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Leeds United v Watford
Leeds United
Leeds United
2–1
Championship
22/10/2024
Elland Road
Watford
Watford
All-time record vs Watford
31
Played
13
Won
7
Drawn
11
Lost
-4
GD
42%
Win %
Home record at Elland Road
15
Played
7
Won
3
Drawn
5
Lost
-3
GD
47%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
29/03/2024 Vicarage Road 2–2 D Championship ↗
23/09/2023 Elland Road 3–0 W Championship ↗
09/04/2022 Vicarage Road 0–3 W Premier League ↗
02/10/2021 Elland Road 1–0 W Premier League ↗
20/02/2016 Vicarage Road 1–0 L FA Cup 5th Round ↗
All-time top scorers vs Watford
#PlayerGoals
1 Robert Snodgrass 3
2 Clarke Carlisle 2
3 Michael Bridges 2
4 Daniel James 2
5 Joel Piroe 2
Starting XI
Substitutes
14 Solomon
7 James
19 Joseph
25 Byram
Unused Substitutes
26 Darlow
33 Schmidt
37 Debayo
50 Crew
9 Bamford
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 9:21 am Jay is definitely our funniest man :lol:
No definitely not.
Weasel is far funnier and a great looker too.
I dont mean I fancy him or anything.
I’m digging a hole here.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

CypriotWhite wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 9:15 am It wasn't meant in any way, i'm just trying to weigh up the different posters.
I'm no expert, or i'd be managing or even playing.
It's just all your posts seem to be comedic and not football related.
It was a polite question btw.
I've noticed some very delicate posters on here whilst reading.
Perhaps it may be better to put the nature of any questions, i.e :
Polite tone : Followed by the question..
Angry tone : Followed by the question..
No problem.
Have you read through all my posts.
Fair play to you that’s dedication in understanding a poster.
If you move on to Cjay & Weasel convo’s you will be reading them for years 🥱 😁
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
CypriotWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:35 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by CypriotWhite »

"Figures. So is that a scouser trying to flick vinegar off the end of his c**k. Maybe Geronimo knows the answer…"
"Is this something to do with vinegar strokes.
This place is a den of perverts tbh."
"Oh come on Hector are you telling me you and your pals never knotted up your nuts and bashed them together in the playground."
"I used to soak my conkers in vinegar"
"Vinegar stroke.
Not heard that before.
“vinegar stroke (plural vinegar strokes) (slang, chiefly in the plural) During masturbation, a fast stroke of the penis just before ejaculation.”
"Did I make a subtle joke. Unlike me 😁"

Above are just your most recent posts, with the bold one suggesting even you think so yourself.
I used to like the 'class clown' at school, at least it wasn't me getting the whack.
'The whack' depending on your age is when we got the cane.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155190
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

CypriotWhite wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 8:35 am Like i immediately thought, the quite obvious pass is to the No.8 who has made himself available.
They are being trained to keep it on the deck.
I can't see Farke being happy with what turned out to be a risky 'in the air' pass, it ended up proving to be risky, and their goal came from it.
Thanks for going to the effort you have.
A pleasure!

Soloman won the ball in the air & the ball ended up to a Watford player, so yes we lost possession because of the floated pass. Apart from Tanaka's perfect passing, I thought our passing was erratic, hence our overall possession stats were 53% to Watford's 47%.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

CypriotWhite wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 9:31 am "Figures. So is that a scouser trying to flick vinegar off the end of his c**k. Maybe Geronimo knows the answer…"
"Is this something to do with vinegar strokes.
This place is a den of perverts tbh."
"Oh come on Hector are you telling me you and your pals never knotted up your nuts and bashed them together in the playground."
"I used to soak my conkers in vinegar"
"Vinegar stroke.
Not heard that before.
“vinegar stroke (plural vinegar strokes) (slang, chiefly in the plural) During masturbation, a fast stroke of the penis just before ejaculation.”
"Did I make a subtle joke. Unlike me 😁"

Above are just your most recent posts, with the bold one suggesting even you think so yourself.
I used to like the 'class clown' at school, at least it wasn't me getting the whack.
'The whack' depending on your age is when we got the cane.
Now I see them together I tend to agree with you.
I will try to make football comments from now on.
Thanks for you help.
I mean that sincerely.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
CypriotWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:35 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by CypriotWhite »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 9:21 am Jay is definitely our funniest man :lol:
Polite tone : Well that's a bit sad going forward.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155190
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 9:26 am No problem.
Have you read through all my posts.
Fair play to you that’s dedication in understanding a poster.
If you move on to Cjay & Weasel convo’s you will be reading them for years 🥱 😁
:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:
CypriotWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:35 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by CypriotWhite »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 9:35 am Now I see them together I tend to agree with you.
I will try to make football comments from now on.
Thanks for you help.
I mean that sincerely.
No, you shouldn't change for no one.
By all means carry on the same, why change, that's your style.
I have no doubt you have football views to offer or why would you be here.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

CypriotWhite wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 9:37 am No, you shouldn't change for no one.
By all means carry on the same, why change, that's your style.
I have no doubt you have football views to offer or why would you be here.
Thanks CW.
I find it hard to take life seriously especially football but you have made me rethink life.
Today I will talk nothing but football. Even in Waitrose.
Yes I’m posh as well as a comedian.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
CypriotWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:35 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by CypriotWhite »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 9:44 am Thanks CW.
I find it hard to take life seriously especially football but you have made me rethink life.
Today I will talk nothing but football. Even in Waitrose.
Yes I’m posh as well as a comedian.
Probably too extreme.
But as you say, your life.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9728
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Tyzy wrote: ↑Thu Oct 24, 2024 7:03 pm I googled that saying recently, I knew what it meant just wanted to know where it originated from.
I must be living in a bubble, had never heard that phrase before, wish I hadn’t looked it up now. 🫣
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9728
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 8:47 am No idea.
Are you the football expert?
We have a lot of those in fairness.
You’re certainly the funniest on here, please don’t change or start talking football there's enough of that on here, you’d think it was a bl**dy football forum or something .
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 10:27 am You’re certainly the funniest on here, please don’t change or start talking football there's enough of that on here, you’d think it was a bl**dy football forum or something .
Oh f**k off 🤣
CW has worked me out now. You might be next 😉
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9728
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 10:29 am Oh f**k off 🤣
CW has worked me out now. You might be next 😉
That was a compliment by the way, I know, not like me.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 10:39 am That was a compliment by the way, I know, not like me.
I’m going to treasure it always 😁
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

CypriotWhite wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 9:58 am Probably too extreme.
But as you say, your life.
Polite mode.
I think you’re the feather ruffler type CW.
There tends to be the odd one.
But as you say yourself its your life.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
CypriotWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:35 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by CypriotWhite »

A 'feather ruffler' - I like that, more a hair ruffler tbh.
But you're right, I've ruffled a few feathers in my time, shaken a few trees, rang a good few bells, and squashed some pips.
Whatever they all mean.
Who was that guy who used to crush grapes, you a bit like that?
CypriotWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:35 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by CypriotWhite »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 10:29 am Oh f**k off 🤣
CW has worked me out now. You might be next 😉
What are the tolerance levels like on here for foul language?
I arrived at these shores after years and years on Waccoe, it is awash with it there, so much so that the site has not just become unbearable, but unreadable.
Bad language as a rule of thumb doesn't trouble me at all, it's everywhere, every day, every night.
Just wondering that's all
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

CypriotWhite wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 11:19 am A 'feather ruffler' - I like that, more a hair ruffler tbh.
But you're right, I've ruffled a few feathers in my time, shaken a few trees, rang a good few bells, and squashed some pips.
Whatever they all mean.
Who was that guy who used to crush grapes, you a bit like that?
I think you ruffled Cjays hair.
I’m sure Hector will be along shortly with a reference to 64s barnet.
Crush grapes? I was picking some last week as it happens but I didn’t crush any.
This is one of those Faaip ones where I struggle for hours to fathom it out.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155190
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 11:28 am I think you ruffled Cjays hair.
I’m sure Hector will be along shortly with a reference to 64s barnet.
Crush grapes? I was picking some last week as it happens but I didn’t crush any.
This is one of those Faaip ones where I struggle for hours to fathom it out.
I just ask him to explain, when I'm stumped. ;-)
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply