Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79196
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
From what I saw our best game of the season so far, Wolves were junk..
Not sure why Iriola felt the need to rotate though.
Not sure why Iriola felt the need to rotate though.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
I thought some of the interplays of quick passing were really good todayweasel wrote: ↑Sat Sep 27, 2025 9:50 pm I felt we learnt from that match. We showed today that we could play out from the back but also were better at choosing when to go long. Mixing it up makes it harder for the opposition cos if they commit to a high press they can be very vulnerable. As such they can't press as effectively as Arsenal did against us. I think we are evolving well and beginning to also mix defence with attack which saw us create clearer chances today than in the other games.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
Just reflecting on their equalizer
When I watched it in real time, first time, I thought it had to be offside. There's no way two of their players could have been so far ahead of our last defender all alone at the back post. They weren't offside and nobody was even appealing for it. It just showed what a lousy set up we had on that free kick.
When I watched it in real time, first time, I thought it had to be offside. There's no way two of their players could have been so far ahead of our last defender all alone at the back post. They weren't offside and nobody was even appealing for it. It just showed what a lousy set up we had on that free kick.
- Carrick Dave
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 6769
- Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
Wolves should have had all 3 points at Spuds today, and caused us more problems than Bournemouth late on.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Sep 27, 2025 10:04 pm From what I saw our best game of the season so far, Wolves were junk..
Not sure why Iriola felt the need to rotate though.
- AcrossThePondAsh
- Manager

- Posts: 4931
- Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:03 am
- Location: Blue Ridge Mtns, NC, USA
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
Promising signs...
- Carrick Dave
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 6769
- Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
I though Bogle hurtling out of nowhere and seven foot off the ground to keep the ball in play when it had been given up by everyone else as a throw in was great, it kept us on the front foot and embodied the Leeds spirit for me.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Sep 27, 2025 10:08 pm I thought some of the interplays of quick passing were really good today
Johnny Giles must have been clapping at that.
- Irish Ian
- Superstar

- Posts: 17205
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
- Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
I thought the subs bar JH were brought on just to see it out, but it is never a done deal.
On another day we do see it out and defensive minded player for an attacker gets its reward.
There were 8 goals scored beyond the 90th minute from the 7 games played today.
More and more the extended game times are becoming a factor.
I hope that as this squad gels the nervousness and defensive frailties can be eradicated from our games.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
-
Johnsie123
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 657
- Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
I thought it was a really good performance from us yesterday, my 1 thought is why do a sub when defending in the 93min strange?.
I also think we need to be more alert to conceding late on twice now against Bournemouth and Fulham cost us points,which could cost us at the end of season.
I also think we need to be more alert to conceding late on twice now against Bournemouth and Fulham cost us points,which could cost us at the end of season.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155444
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
Encouraging for us next Saturday.Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Sat Sep 27, 2025 11:14 pm Wolves should have had all 3 points at Spuds today, and caused us more problems than Bournemouth late on.
I reckon Spurs will be easier to cope with than Iraola's lads. I can see why Bournemouth have the reputation of being the strongest running PL team, they were like wasps pressing us particularly in the first-half.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155444
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
Just very slack defending from our defenders.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Sep 27, 2025 10:44 pm Just reflecting on their equalizer
When I watched it in real time, first time, I thought it had to be offside. There's no way two of their players could have been so far ahead of our last defender all alone at the back post. They weren't offside and nobody was even appealing for it. It just showed what a lousy set up we had on that free kick.
Why would a defence leave two men unmarked at the back post?
I noticed Rodon was organising & instructing his teammates. It's time other experienced players such as Ampadu & Struijk (who are supposed to be our captain's) were dishing out orders at the back!
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7511
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
I think if any of our players gets rotated (dropped) it’ll be Struijk. He played a couple of howlers yesterday. I’ve yet to watch the match on tv til I get home tomorrow but I’ll be concentrating on him. Don’t know if the right winger was particularly fast but Pascal seemed to be struggling to keep up when they broke.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155444
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
Pascal's pace & positioning will always be a concern against the top, pacey teams.Orange Box wrote: ↑Sun Sep 28, 2025 8:16 am I think if any of our players gets rotated (dropped) it’ll be Struijk. He played a couple of howlers yesterday. I’ve yet to watch the match on tv til I get home tomorrow but I’ll be concentrating on him. Don’t know if the right winger was particularly fast but Pascal seemed to be struggling to keep up when they broke.
-
WhiteRose
- Manager

- Posts: 3702
- Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
Aaronson must of thought he was in bed spooning his misses - why on earth did he have his legs tucked in.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79196
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
Top class FK to be fair, bit like blaming Wolves for not defending Stach's FK well... The curling cross went where only the Bournemouth player could get to it, and once he produced a beautifully cushioned header it became very difficult to defend. No blame on our defence but there was on their first. No clue how Semenyo scores from thereandrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Sep 27, 2025 10:44 pm Just reflecting on their equalizer
When I watched it in real time, first time, I thought it had to be offside. There's no way two of their players could have been so far ahead of our last defender all alone at the back post. They weren't offside and nobody was even appealing for it. It just showed what a lousy set up we had on that free kick.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7087
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
It will be a completely different game. If Spurs were in a consistent run of poor form then perhaps we could take an inference from that, but they look a more resilient team this season. It will be a very tough game and if we come away with anything it will be a good result.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155444
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
So leaving players unmarked at the back-post is not questionable?The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Sep 28, 2025 9:28 am Top class FK to be fair, bit like blaming Wolves for not defending Stach's FK well... The curling cross went where only the Bournemouth player could get to it, and once he produced a beautifully cushioned header it became very difficult to defend. No blame on our defence but there was on their first. No clue how Semenyo scores from there
Poor imo!
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79196
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
We didn't, Struijk was marking the player who headed the ball, the cross though so good it was impossible for Struijk to get there.. Struijk top class again as was most of the defence.. the final goal was the best of the bunch by a distance.. Their first was awful defending and a keeper error, our first a deflected header that should have been a soft save for the keeper and even then he should have done much better and our second was pinball, and a Longstaff slight mishit, even he said he didn't know whetre it was going
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79196
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
By the way dropping Stuijk for Bijol in the belief we get someone quicker is a false hope. Pascal is quicker... Some lovely range passing from him yesterday too ..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155444
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
Aye, I'm led to believe Bijol has no pace!The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Sep 28, 2025 9:54 am By the way dropping Stuijk for Bijol in the belief we get someone quicker is a false hope. Pascal is quicker... Some lovely range passing from him yesterday too ..
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155444
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread
Watching a replay of the match now....
Why did our wall jump, with Semenyo's free-kick hit hard & low?
Why did our wall jump, with Semenyo's free-kick hit hard & low?