What are you doing today ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155134
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

Watched the full Manure game this afternoon.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by The Subhuman »

Booking my car in. Clutch is burning out, making an awful noise, so a new one needed. That leaves my stuck indoors.. Was planning a Wisley trip this week.

I keep saying I'm going to replace it this year but hate buying cars and part of my autism is I don't like of change. Still miss my old laptop..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Sean_Nile »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Mon Jan 05, 2026 4:25 pm Booking my car in. Clutch is burning out, making an awful noise, so a new one needed. That leaves my stuck indoors.. Was planning a Wisley trip this week.

I keep saying I'm going to replace it this year but hate buying cars and part of my autism is I don't like of change. Still miss my old laptop..
Government to give €2000-2500 to scrap your car.
IMG_20260105_183053.jpg
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by The Subhuman »

Sean_Nile wrote: ↑Mon Jan 05, 2026 4:33 pm Government to give €2000-2500 to scrap your car.IMG_20260105_183053.jpg
And buy an electric car? ... We can't all own electric cars, can you imagine the cables across pavements outside flats and houses without drives... My car is 20 years old next year
Last edited by The Subhuman on Mon Jan 05, 2026 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by The Subhuman »

10 years is basically new
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by CUSSIE01 »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Mon Jan 05, 2026 3:49 pm It's been snowing and I hate snow. Poor houndie, his eyesight is not great and he couldn't make out the step from the patio to the lawn as everything was white and no smells for him to follow, he fell off the patio. Luckily he's OK, but is very unsure of the garden at the mo. I did stick my crampons on my walking boots and took myself off into the woods for an hour.
🎼 If you go down to the woods today…….🎼
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Jan 05, 2026 4:01 pm Bless him!

Those steps leading down to your garden would be a be tricky now, I guess Swannie.
28 steps from where we park the car down to the house. I was pleased I had my crampons on today when I came back from my walk :lol:
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by whiteswan »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Mon Jan 05, 2026 4:42 pm And buy an electric car? ... We can't all own electric cars, can you imagine the cables across pavements outside flats and houses without drives... My car is 20 years old next year
I kept my BMW 316 for 23 years faaip. I only got rid of it because the headlining fell down and we couldn't stick it back up. The leccy windows packed in as well so reluctantly I had to give in. I now have a Fiat 500 11 years old this year. I don't like change either.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by whiteswan »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 05, 2026 5:09 pm 🎼 If you go down to the woods today…….🎼
I went up to the woods....up the aforementioned 28 steps :lol:
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Mon Jan 05, 2026 6:11 pm I kept my BMW 316 for 23 years faaip. I only got rid of it because the headlining fell down and we couldn't stick it back up. The leccy windows packed in as well so reluctantly I had to give in. I now have a Fiat 500 11 years old this year. I don't like change either.
Astra for 20 years plus 97-19, We had a Fiesta bought in 82 we were still running in 2006. Loved that car, so close to the ground you could go round corners really fast

Mum bought this Yaris in 2009, I took it over when my car died in 2017 (306 estate) and mum got dementia. As a decorator I wreck cars anyway.. sooner or later a tin of paint goes over...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155134
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

We are heading to Potter Resorts, Norfolk with our bowls club friends to watch some of the World Championship tournament. Plenty of other things to do. Nice hotel & great food.
User avatar
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:22 pm
Twitter: @dsc67
Location: Tweedbank, Scottish Borders

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Lorimer46 »

Looking out the window it looks like it's going too be a day of watching TV , listening to music and reading
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
User avatar
Volvo Jack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2024 3:03 pm

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Volvo Jack »

Am going down to "Friar Tuck" pub to watch United,hope we get about 3

to stop these Rugby Union geezer down here taking the Piss

also hope Piroe starts.
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Sean_Nile »

watching blue tits feed and marvelling that after emerging naked and helpless from the egg they miraculously develop the same coat of feathers as their parents.. same markings in the same positions and the exact same coloiurs.I wonder how our parents mark us.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
ShaunL
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1272
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
Location: Fremantle

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by ShaunL »

Went and watched the Sail G P today.
Really enjoyed it very exciting boats travelling up to 90 kph.
The conditions were tough the seas very choppy.
Team G B won from Australia and France.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155134
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

Watching yesterday's game again.

I think we are going to win this one.
User avatar
Onemanstanding
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 743
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:36 pm

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Onemanstanding »

Just finished setting up my new studio monitors/speakers.
They sound very impressive.

The football is going to sound brilliant.
User avatar
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Pullhard »

Was at the Club All irelands today
Proper stuff
Won’t mean anything to most on here
Hon the Gunners (not the Arsenal type)
Very proud
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Rook »

We're pondering,whether or not, if we should buy a fancy coffee making machine.

Two hundred and fifty quid seems a bit steep.

It looks awesome though.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
ShaunL
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1272
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
Location: Fremantle

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by ShaunL »

Staying in Perth for 3 nights Australia Day long weekend .
It’s also our 40th wedding anniversary.
Today we are going on a day trip to the Pinnacles.
Post Reply