What are you doing today ?
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155131
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: What are you doing today ?
Watched the full Manure game this afternoon.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78986
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: What are you doing today ?
Booking my car in. Clutch is burning out, making an awful noise, so a new one needed. That leaves my stuck indoors.. Was planning a Wisley trip this week.
I keep saying I'm going to replace it this year but hate buying cars and part of my autism is I don't like of change. Still miss my old laptop..
I keep saying I'm going to replace it this year but hate buying cars and part of my autism is I don't like of change. Still miss my old laptop..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Sean_Nile
- Superstar

- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm
Re: What are you doing today ?
Government to give €2000-2500 to scrap your car.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Mon Jan 05, 2026 4:25 pm Booking my car in. Clutch is burning out, making an awful noise, so a new one needed. That leaves my stuck indoors.. Was planning a Wisley trip this week.
I keep saying I'm going to replace it this year but hate buying cars and part of my autism is I don't like of change. Still miss my old laptop..
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style
~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
Never let good taste stand in the way of style
~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78986
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: What are you doing today ?
And buy an electric car? ... We can't all own electric cars, can you imagine the cables across pavements outside flats and houses without drives... My car is 20 years old next year
Last edited by The Subhuman on Mon Jan 05, 2026 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78986
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: What are you doing today ?
10 years is basically new
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9720
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: What are you doing today ?
whiteswan wrote: ↑Mon Jan 05, 2026 3:49 pm It's been snowing and I hate snow. Poor houndie, his eyesight is not great and he couldn't make out the step from the patio to the lawn as everything was white and no smells for him to follow, he fell off the patio. Luckily he's OK, but is very unsure of the garden at the mo. I did stick my crampons on my walking boots and took myself off into the woods for an hour.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: What are you doing today ?
I kept my BMW 316 for 23 years faaip. I only got rid of it because the headlining fell down and we couldn't stick it back up. The leccy windows packed in as well so reluctantly I had to give in. I now have a Fiat 500 11 years old this year. I don't like change either.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Mon Jan 05, 2026 4:42 pm And buy an electric car? ... We can't all own electric cars, can you imagine the cables across pavements outside flats and houses without drives... My car is 20 years old next year
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78986
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: What are you doing today ?
Astra for 20 years plus 97-19, We had a Fiesta bought in 82 we were still running in 2006. Loved that car, so close to the ground you could go round corners really fastwhiteswan wrote: ↑Mon Jan 05, 2026 6:11 pm I kept my BMW 316 for 23 years faaip. I only got rid of it because the headlining fell down and we couldn't stick it back up. The leccy windows packed in as well so reluctantly I had to give in. I now have a Fiat 500 11 years old this year. I don't like change either.
Mum bought this Yaris in 2009, I took it over when my car died in 2017 (306 estate) and mum got dementia. As a decorator I wreck cars anyway.. sooner or later a tin of paint goes over...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155131
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: What are you doing today ?
We are heading to Potter Resorts, Norfolk with our bowls club friends to watch some of the World Championship tournament. Plenty of other things to do. Nice hotel & great food.
- Lorimer46
- First Team

- Posts: 1724
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:22 pm
- Twitter: @dsc67
- Location: Tweedbank, Scottish Borders
Re: What are you doing today ?
Looking out the window it looks like it's going too be a day of watching TV , listening to music and reading
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
Gang aft agley "
- Volvo Jack
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 372
- Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2024 3:03 pm
Re: What are you doing today ?
Am going down to "Friar Tuck" pub to watch United,hope we get about 3
to stop these Rugby Union geezer down here taking the Piss
also hope Piroe starts.
to stop these Rugby Union geezer down here taking the Piss
also hope Piroe starts.
- Sean_Nile
- Superstar

- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm
Re: What are you doing today ?
watching blue tits feed and marvelling that after emerging naked and helpless from the egg they miraculously develop the same coat of feathers as their parents.. same markings in the same positions and the exact same coloiurs.I wonder how our parents mark us.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style
~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
Never let good taste stand in the way of style
~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
- ShaunL
- First Team

- Posts: 1272
- Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
- Location: Fremantle
Re: What are you doing today ?
Went and watched the Sail G P today.
Really enjoyed it very exciting boats travelling up to 90 kph.
The conditions were tough the seas very choppy.
Team G B won from Australia and France.
Really enjoyed it very exciting boats travelling up to 90 kph.
The conditions were tough the seas very choppy.
Team G B won from Australia and France.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155131
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: What are you doing today ?
Watching yesterday's game again.
I think we are going to win this one.
I think we are going to win this one.
- Onemanstanding
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 743
- Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:36 pm
Re: What are you doing today ?
Just finished setting up my new studio monitors/speakers.
They sound very impressive.
The football is going to sound brilliant.
They sound very impressive.
The football is going to sound brilliant.
- Pullhard
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2970
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 am
Re: What are you doing today ?
Was at the Club All irelands today
Proper stuff
Won’t mean anything to most on here
Hon the Gunners (not the Arsenal type)
Very proud
Proper stuff
Won’t mean anything to most on here
Hon the Gunners (not the Arsenal type)
Very proud
- Rook
- First Team

- Posts: 1513
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm
Re: What are you doing today ?
We're pondering,whether or not, if we should buy a fancy coffee making machine.
Two hundred and fifty quid seems a bit steep.
It looks awesome though.
Two hundred and fifty quid seems a bit steep.
It looks awesome though.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
- ShaunL
- First Team

- Posts: 1272
- Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
- Location: Fremantle
Re: What are you doing today ?
Staying in Perth for 3 nights Australia Day long weekend .
It’s also our 40th wedding anniversary.
Today we are going on a day trip to the Pinnacles.
It’s also our 40th wedding anniversary.
Today we are going on a day trip to the Pinnacles.