Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sat Jan 31, 2026 3:50 pm Why don't you phk off? You've had a go at me more than once and in the main I've let it go. I even PM'd you to see what your problem was and you didn't reply! I don't have the tiume or patience for keyboard warriors so do one eh? And I'm sick of Admins telling me to play nice when I have to deal with w@nk@'s like you. Go on my block list with the yank...
Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
-
CHAPELALLMAN
- Manager

- Posts: 3891
- Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23139
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41721
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
Done well recently BA but like DCL struggling physically.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6713
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
As we are behind, yes Gruev off and Buonanote onThe Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Jan 31, 2026 3:54 pm I think we're set up too defensively, so someone will have to come off and that for me is Gruev and Bogle. 3 wing backs on the pitch at the same time ain't working and we need another outlet. TBH not sure who we should bring on but Bornauw for Bogle seems logical and either gnonto or Buonanotte for Gruev.. This is not a refelction on Gruev but, like Amps, he's not an outlet and there a huge defence/attack disconnect atm
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9744
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
To be fair Declan Rice is different class to our players from dead ball situations. I reckon I’d get 5 goals a season just by standing in the box from his corners.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
-
WhiteRose
- Manager

- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
Well all eyes on Chelsea later cos there ain’t anything happening at ER today.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79067
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
I think we set up too defensively and that means there's no getting out of defence. It's worked against lesser teams but it's not working here. We're headed for 4-0 without some tactical/player changes
Still no clue why we started with 3 wing backs.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
CHAPELALLMAN
- Manager

- Posts: 3891
- Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
He's just here to wind people up - best to filter him like I did. He's just looking for others to troll since I started ignoring him.Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sat Jan 31, 2026 3:50 pm Why don't you phk off? You've had a go at me more than once and in the main I've let it go. I even PM'd you to see what your problem was and you didn't reply! I don't have the tiume or patience for keyboard warriors so do one eh? And I'm sick of Admins telling me to play nice when I have to deal with w@nk@'s like you. Go on my block list with the yank...
-
STLWhite
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 420
- Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:07 pm
- Location: St Louis USA
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
Set up to stop them playing but we’ve let them play. Everyone knows they are dangerous from corners but we’ve conceded goodness knows how many. Maybe we will change our approach on minute 80.
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7503
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
And we were (slowly) starting to shave back the goal difference after that Highbury mauling.
I know, Arsenal don’t play at Highbury anymore, I just don’t give a s**t about Corporation named stadiums. (49 ers please note).
I know, Arsenal don’t play at Highbury anymore, I just don’t give a s**t about Corporation named stadiums. (49 ers please note).
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7075
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
We’re not out of it - but we have to score next. That will get the crowd going - Need a response like we had in the city match. Front two are too isolated - Gruev has to come off he is pants against a good press.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
Arsenal's two easiest games this season have been against us.
- Chilli D
- Superstar

- Posts: 8784
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
This was a game I didn't realistically think we would get anything from and barring a massive turnaround we're not going to. Arsenal have totally bossed it and it's not surprising really. Based on the champions league table they are currently the best side in Europe.
Whatever the final result today, the next game is the important one as far as we're concerned.
Whatever the final result today, the next game is the important one as far as we're concerned.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
- whiteinfrance
- Manager

- Posts: 3553
- Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 am
- Location: Now Scarborough UK
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
Unfair on Darlow. As much DCL's fault as his.
Just unfortunate
Generally have felt more at ease with Darlow in goal, rather than the other clowns
Just unfortunate
Generally have felt more at ease with Darlow in goal, rather than the other clowns
YES!! I'm living in SCARBADOS!! Underneath the palm trees!
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6713
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
I don’t (re your first line) the formation was set up to play the first half, at least, the same as at Everton - we just haven’t had a say in the matter.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Jan 31, 2026 3:57 pm I think we set up too defensively and that means there's no getting out of defence. It's worked against lesser teams but it's not working here. We're headed for 4-0 without some tactical/player changes
Still no clue why we started with 3 wing backs.
- Clitheroe White
- First Team

- Posts: 1678
- Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:38 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
That was chastening half of football. They are better and we did nothing to keep the ball in their half.
Attacking changes needed. Move to a back 4, get some ball players in the mid.
I can dream of a draw!
Btw. To Those arguing on here, we’re on the same side. Be nice and realistic. We are playing the team that won 8 /8 in champ league. Let’s go get some service to Dcl. Get a goal and this looks very different!!
Attacking changes needed. Move to a back 4, get some ball players in the mid.
I can dream of a draw!
Btw. To Those arguing on here, we’re on the same side. Be nice and realistic. We are playing the team that won 8 /8 in champ league. Let’s go get some service to Dcl. Get a goal and this looks very different!!
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7503
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
Totally agree, but it’s still important that we come off this field with heads held high. That’s not looking likely at this stage.Chilli D wrote: ↑Sat Jan 31, 2026 4:02 pm This was a game I didn't realistically think we would get anything from and barring a massive turnaround we're not going to. Arsenal have totally bossed it and it's not surprising really. Based on the champions league table they are currently the best side in Europe.
Whatever the final result today, the next game is the important one as far as we're concerned.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
Marathe just copped a deaf un to that request OB.Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Jan 31, 2026 4:00 pm And we were (slowly) starting to shave back the goal difference after that Highbury mauling.
I know, Arsenal don’t play at Highbury anymore, I just don’t give a s**t about Corporation named stadiums. (49 ers please note).
Red Bull gives you wiiiiiinnnngggssss
-
ElKapitan
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 727
- Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:56 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
Yeah I'd agree with that.... I meant that its fine having a small squad if you have 16 players of quality. We don't like you say.
Okafor.... Perri..... Bornauw..... Nmecha.... Don't really add much to a prem side when we needed the players we brought in to add that dash of prem quality.
Add to that Piroe who I think most knew didn't look like a prem player (great in a dominant side/ruthless finisher but too slow and poor physicality/in the air).... Harrison etc.... All big money players but not worth it/not involved....
I'd even say DCL was a panic buy..... Obviously don't brilliantly so far but injury wise I'm absolutely astounded he's stayed fit. All our hopes on him though up front.... Dicey strategy if you can call it that.
Wins being Rodon, Bijol, Gudmundsson, Stach, DCL..... Ampadu looks alright at this level, jusin, Struijk, longstaff too.... But think we're missing a lot that summer signings needed to provide. Doing so well with what we've got but worry it won't be enough.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41721
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread
Should be more competitive though?Chilli D wrote: ↑Sat Jan 31, 2026 4:02 pm This was a game I didn't realistically think we would get anything from and barring a massive turnaround we're not going to. Arsenal have totally bossed it and it's not surprising really. Based on the champions league table they are currently the best side in Europe.
Whatever the final result today, the next game is the important one as far as we're concerned.
Forest drew with them few weeks back, this has been like a training game for them.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom