Cjay wrote: ↑Sun Feb 15, 2026 5:00 pm
Thats a big leap from my post WR
Is some merit in the thinking of selling DCL and/or Nmecha should we stay up.
Psr benefit and selling at the right time is very important
Made a similar point about Fergiescum , he was brilliant at it even when it seemed daft.
Aye, I love distracting people Cjay, the look of confusion is priceless
Yes, as much as we love LUFC and the players n all that, I keep making the point that this is a business and needs to be ran effectively, so let's ditch the sentiment and we'll be on the right path.
If we're looking to progress the quality of the squad needs to be continually assessed and improved. This is the reality if you want to compete for, and win trophies.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sun Feb 15, 2026 4:42 pm
Prepared for the Saint Rodon pile on but I think Bornauw might be the most underrated player at the club (after Piroe).
He's very good at being right place right time to make a block or a tackle.
Saved atleast 1 goal today if not more by being right place right time.
White Riot wrote: ↑Sun Feb 15, 2026 5:07 pm
Aye, I love distracting people Cjay, the look of confusion is priceless
Yes, as much as we love LUFC and the players n all that, I keep making the point that this is a business and needs to be ran effectively, so let's ditch the sentiment and we'll be on the right path.
If we're looking to progress the quality of the squad needs to be continually assessed and improved. This is the reality if you want to compete for, and win trophies.
Pretty much the way I look at it too. Our buying policy going forward should be with the intention of putting our current first team on the subs bench, and the current subs on the market. Don’t ask me how to manage the players, that’s way above my pay grade.
pjm2019 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 16, 2026 5:53 pm
i thought he was useless and too soft, bottom 2 for me and i hope we sell him in the summer. We need a lot better
Well, you clearly saw his performance different to me.
Orange Box wrote: ↑Mon Feb 16, 2026 5:56 pm
Pretty much the way I look at it too. Our buying policy going forward should be with the intention of putting our current first team on the subs bench, and the current subs on the market. Don’t ask me how to manage the players, that’s way above my pay grade.
Exactly this OB
We have a recruitment team who are paid very well to do this and not to pat themselves on the back for signing unwanted donkeys like Longstaff and almost getting Paixao and Muniz
pjm2019 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 16, 2026 5:53 pm
i thought he was useless and too soft, bottom 2 for me and i hope we sell him in the summer. We need a lot better
Jammy 07 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 17, 2026 8:31 am
Seems to have half decent pace as well for a big guy.
Good solid signing for the money I'd say.
Sometimes, I do wonder if our fans only see what they want to see!
One or two errors & a player can be crucified by the viewer.
It's difficult to identify who wins aerial duals & makes blocks in congested defensive areas, whereas it's much easier to evaluate good or bad pieces of games when players are in plenty of space.
I do think the £5m we paid for Bornauw is good value for a back-up defender.
Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Mon May 18, 2026 12:25 pm
Very underrated player, and arguably underused.
Absolutely keep this lad, 100%
100% agree with this, had another great game yesterday. He and Bijol read the game so well, I think our defence is in really good shape myself. I would aim to retain them all with additional signings to cover/improve both wing backs.
Johnthewhite wrote: ↑Mon May 18, 2026 2:50 pm
100% agree with this, had another great game yesterday. He and Bijol read the game so well, I think our defence is in really good shape myself. I would aim to retain them all with additional signings to cover/improve both wing backs.
The tightrope act required is that players like Bornaauw and Gnonto are young and want to play. They dont want to spend years sitting on the bench waiting for injuries to give them a chance.
Im actually OK with Willie moving on as much as I love the lad, simply because I think he's replaceable. But Bornaauw is key and should be retained. Good centre backs that fit into a system are hard to find. He adds solid value
malcolmw wrote: ↑Tue May 19, 2026 3:19 am
The tightrope act required is that players like Bornaauw and Gnonto are young and want to play. They dont want to spend years sitting on the bench waiting for injuries to give them a chance.
Im actually OK with Willie moving on as much as I love the lad, simply because I think he's replaceable. But Bornaauw is key and should be retained. Good centre backs that fit into a system are hard to find. He adds solid value
Everyone is replaceable if you want to go down that route, I lost count of the times that Gnonto coming off the bench gave us a much needed shot in the arm, and I don't even think he's a specialist bench player. He's just a damn good allrounder.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Mon May 18, 2026 12:25 pm
Very underrated player, and arguably underused.
Absolutely keep this lad, 100%
The tricky part though is that how do you give him a starting place over someone else when he seems to constantly be injured? So you drop someone, might hvae them be a bit upset, and then the next match Bornauw is injured. Bornauw needs to prove he can be dependable before he can realistically compete for a regular starting place.
Rodon has shown that he will play through the pain, won't give up his place lightly. Bijol seems to be of a similar mindset and Struyjk, until recently has been fairly much injury free. We then also have Justin who has done well at centreback and seems to have no injury issues. As such Bornauw finds himself 5th choice until he can show his body can stand up to the rigours of being a regular starter.
Ball is presumably in his court in regards to if he stays. If he goes elsewhere he will have the same problem unless he can stay injury free.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain