Leeds United vs Wolves Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Leeds United v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Leeds United
Leeds United
3–0
Premier League
18/04/2026
Elland Road
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Wolverhampton Wanderers
All-time record vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
106
Played
47
Won
23
Drawn
36
Lost
+16
GD
44%
Win %
Home record at Elland Road
51
Played
29
Won
10
Drawn
12
Lost
+37
GD
57%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
20/09/2025 Molineux Stadium 1–3 W Premier League ↗
18/03/2023 Molineux 2–4 W Premier League ↗
09/11/2022 Molineux 1–0 L Carabao Cup, 3rd Round ↗
06/08/2022 Elland Road 2–1 W Premier League ↗
18/03/2022 Molineux 2–3 W Premier League ↗
All-time top scorers vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
#PlayerGoals
1 Charlie Keetley 8
2 Allan Clarke 7
3 Peter Lorimer 5
4 Mick Jones 5
5 Arthur Graham 5
Starting XI
Substitutes
Unused Substitutes
1 Perri
23 Bornauw
40 Buonanotte
10 Piroe
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155181
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Wolves pre match chat

Post by 1964white »

leedsalex wrote: ↑Fri Apr 17, 2026 6:33 pm I think Ampadu is on 9 yellow cards.
Is he in danger of missing two games if he receives another one.
Eight cards in the Premier League,

One in our FA Cup game at West Ham (which doesn't count in PL games

The threshold for a two-match suspension for 10 yellow cards in the Premier League has recently passed (at matchday 32).

The ban threshold has now reset to 15 yellow cards for the remainder of the season (matchweeks 33–38). Accumulating 15 bookings would result in a three-match ban.
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Wolves pre match chat

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Apr 17, 2026 6:51 pm Eight cards in the Premier League,

One in our FA Cup game at West Ham (which doesn't count in PL games

The threshold for a two-match suspension for 10 yellow cards in the Premier League has recently passed (at matchday 32).

The ban threshold has now reset to 15 yellow cards for the remainder of the season (matchweeks 33–38). Accumulating 15 bookings would result in a three-match ban.

The one he got Monday was never a booking
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79006
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Wolves pre match chat

Post by The Subhuman »

leedsalex wrote: ↑Fri Apr 17, 2026 6:33 pm I think Ampadu is on 9 yellow cards.
Is he in danger of missing two games if he receives another one.
I think he's safe, Manure was his eighth I think and now we've played 32 games the total goes up to 15
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Madron
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3661
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 pm

Re: Wolves pre match chat

Post by Madron »

pjm2019 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 17, 2026 2:52 pm this weekend - leeds win, spurs and west have loss = we stay up for sure
I was thinking this morning , what if we lose against Wolves and the other 3 all win. Doesn't bear thinking about.
Bearing in mind we still have to play Spurs and Wham away, They.d both go above us if they beat us.
Made me realise this could easily go very pear-shaped very quickly. Nervy day tomorrow.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20738
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Wolves pre match chat

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Apr 17, 2026 4:43 pm Indeed Swannie.

Generally, people who have worked in managerial roles have an understanding of what is best in managing their employeees individually or in group circumstances.

Anyone notice Gnonto warming up was one of the first to celebrate with Okafor.

Farke's man-mangement skills is top grade.
I did notice that Gnonto was beside himself to get to Okafor first to celebrate. Fantastic camaraderie in our football club.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20738
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Wolves pre match chat

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Apr 17, 2026 6:23 pm North beach is the better side of Scarborough.

A walk along the Brid coastline yesterday morning, bacon sandwiches + coffee at the The Spa then up to Sewerby in the afternoon with a visit to the Blu Savannah another regular haunt, we we had apple crumble & custard + more coffee.

Trips to Filey, Whitby, North Yorks Moors, Peasholm Park/North Beach & Hornsea in the coming months.
Its fabulous. I stayed at the North Bay end of Scarborough on my hols from 8 yrs old to 16 with my aunt, uncle and cousin. I week hols (the rest of the year were spent at Flamborough)...
We stayed in a flat above a shop. I loved it. The walk down to Peasholm we would take in the bowling greens. I was in awe... It was always my dream that in my older years I would play bowls.....never happened.

Envious of your future trips. Is Hornsea pottery still going?
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155181
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Wolves pre match chat

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat Apr 18, 2026 12:46 am Its fabulous. I stayed at the North Bay end of Scarborough on my hols from 8 yrs old to 16 with my aunt, uncle and cousin. I week hols (the rest of the year were spent at Flamborough)...
We stayed in a flat above a shop. I loved it. The walk down to Peasholm we would take in the bowling greens. I was in awe... It was always my dream that in my older years I would play bowls.....never happened.

Envious of your future trips. Is Hornsea pottery still going?
Nice memories, Swannie.

I love the quiet rural life of East & North Yorkshire & living so close to sea is just a dream come true, I get withdrawl symptoms if I don't get my dose of the coastal air at least once a week.

I have my bowls every week & coach to ER close by too, oh & Yorkshire playing at Scarborough in the summer.

What more could a young '64 wish for?
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155181
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Wolves pre match chat

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat Apr 18, 2026 12:40 am I did notice that Gnonto was beside himself to get to Okafor first to celebrate. Fantastic camaraderie in our football club.
All created by the very humble Daniel Farke.

If only some of our fans understood the truth.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155181
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Wolves pre match chat

Post by 1964white »

Madron wrote: ↑Fri Apr 17, 2026 7:32 pm I was thinking this morning , what if we lose against Wolves and the other 3 all win. Doesn't bear thinking about.
Bearing in mind we still have to play Spurs and Wham away, They.d both go above us if they beat us.
Made me realise this could easily go very pear-shaped very quickly. Nervy day tomorrow.
Ouch!
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155181
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United vs Wolves Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

We might not have won enough games but we've only lost 12 games. When you consider that Liverpool and Chelsea, who are 5th and 6th have lost 10 each. Brentford and Everton in 7th and 8th have both lost 11. West Ham and Spurs have both lost 16 games.

We've done well this year.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155181
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United vs Wolves Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Leeds unbeaten in 8 away games... one more unbeaten game will be the club's longest away unbeaten run since 1978/79 (run of 11 games).

First FA Cup SF since 1987, first league win at Old Trafford since 1981... let's keep working backwards date wise to break records.
User avatar
Johnthewhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2235
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm

Re: Leeds United vs Wolves Match Thread

Post by Johnthewhite »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Apr 18, 2026 7:16 am Leeds unbeaten in 8 away games... one more unbeaten game will be the club's longest away unbeaten run since 1978/79 (run of 11 games).

First FA Cup SF since 1987, first league win at Old Trafford since 1981... let's keep working backwards date wise to break records.
Here, Here
Then the stats guys can sack DF at the season end :roll:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155181
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United vs Wolves Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Johnthewhite wrote: ↑Sat Apr 18, 2026 7:25 am Here, Here
Then the stats guys can sack DF at the season end :roll:
Incredible achievement from Daniel & his together squad.

I have friends who follow Liverpool, Spurs, Bournemouth, Fulham, West Ham, QPR & several Hull fans, and they are amazed when I mention some of our fan base wants Farke out.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9726
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Wolves pre match chat

Post by CUSSIE01 »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Apr 18, 2026 6:30 am Nice memories, Swannie.

I love the quiet rural life of East & North Yorkshire & living so close to sea is just a dream come true, I get withdrawl symptoms if I don't get my dose of the coastal air at least once a week.

I have my bowls every week & coach to ER close by too, oh & Yorkshire playing at Scarborough in the summer.

What more could a young '64 wish for?
You should ask him 😬
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7497
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Wolves pre match chat

Post by Orange Box »

Madron wrote: ↑Fri Apr 17, 2026 7:32 pm I was thinking this morning , what if we lose against Wolves and the other 3 all win. Doesn't bear thinking about.
Bearing in mind we still have to play Spurs and Wham away, They.d both go above us if they beat us.
Made me realise this could easily go very pear-shaped very quickly. Nervy day tomorrow.
Stop it right now. Think positive, it’s those kind of nerves that quickly spread. I’m glad you’re not giving tomorrow’s team talk.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3891
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am

Re: Leeds United vs Wolves Match Thread

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Apparently this match already happened on the 18th March. Can anybody tell me the result ?
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7497
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Wolves pre match chat

Post by Orange Box »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat Apr 18, 2026 12:46 am Its fabulous. I stayed at the North Bay end of Scarborough on my hols from 8 yrs old to 16 with my aunt, uncle and cousin. I week hols (the rest of the year were spent at Flamborough)...
We stayed in a flat above a shop. I loved it. The walk down to Peasholm we would take in the bowling greens. I was in awe... It was always my dream that in my older years I would play bowls.....never happened.

Envious of your future trips. Is Hornsea pottery still going?
Nope, Hornsea pottery long dead and gone, though there is a shop on the site - now a half empty factory-shop retail park - selling very overpriced official ‘Hornsea’ pattern ware.
My in laws live in Hornsea and we visit a couple of times a year, then they come up to us. We also do a memory lane ride around the coast. When they visit us we generally jump on the Belfast ferry for the day.
We all consider ourselves fortunate we have achieved our dream, like Leon, of living near the coast .
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9726
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Leeds United vs Wolves Match Thread

Post by CUSSIE01 »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Apr 18, 2026 8:48 am Incredible achievement from Daniel & his together squad.

I have friends who follow Liverpool, Spurs, Bournemouth, Fulham, West Ham, QPR & several Hull fans, and they are amazed when I mention some of our fan base wants Farke out.
Hindsight is always 20/20.
If I could be ar**d I’d go through everybody’s txts on here & there would be no-one who didn’t toy with the thought of changing manager after our defeats at Fulham, Spuds, Burnley, Brighton, Florist, Villa & City earlier in the season. It wasn’t just defeats but the way we played in losing that rightly annoyed everyone with the same set up, tactics and the inevitable throwing all our forwards on in the 70th/80th minute after going behind. Even the bookies had Farke as favourite to be next on the manager hit list.

After the Forest defeat we had a horrible run of games coming up and things looked ominous but whatever occurred during half time in the City game transformed our season completely and I reckon there are very few now who would want Farke sacked. Since then Danny Boy and the players have made us all proud and could turn this season into the sort that most of our younger fans have never witnessed. Safety in the Premiership, a good chance of an FA Cup final and beating the Scum in their own midden. :scar1 :scarfe2: :shirtw:
Last edited by CUSSIE01 on Sat Apr 18, 2026 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Leeds United vs Wolves Match Thread

Post by GreennWhite »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 18, 2026 9:38 am Hindsight is always 20/20.
If I could be ar**d I’d go through everybody’s txts on here & there would be no-one who didn’t toy with the thought of changing managers after our defeats at Fulham, Spuds, Burnley, Brighton, Florist, Villa & City earlier in the season. It wasn’t just defeats but the way we played in losing that rightly annoyed everyone with the same set up, tactics and the inevitable throwing all our forwards on in the 70th/80th minute after going behind. Even the bookies had Farke as favourite to be next on the manager hit list.

After the Forest defeat we had a horrible run of games coming up and things looked ominous but whatever occurred during half time in the City game transformed our season completely and I reckon there are very few now who would want Farke sacked. Since then Danny Boy and the players have made us all proud and could turn this season into the sort that most of our younger fans have never witnessed. Safety in the Premiership, a good chance of an FA Cup final and beating the Scum in their own midden. :scar1 :scarfe2: :shirtw:
Imagine wasting your time going back years through someones past messages to pick out a change of opinion so you could just have a go at them for saying something different all these years later. :o :shock:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155181
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United vs Wolves Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 18, 2026 9:38 am Hindsight is always 20/20.
If I could be ar**d I’d go through everybody’s txts on here & there would be no-one who didn’t toy with the thought of changing managers after our defeats at Fulham, Spuds, Burnley, Brighton, Florist, Villa & City earlier in the season. It wasn’t just defeats but the way we played in losing that rightly annoyed everyone with the same set up, tactics and the inevitable throwing all our forwards on in the 70th/80th minute after going behind. Even the bookies had Farke as favourite to be next on the manager hit list.

After the Forest defeat we had a horrible run of games coming up and things looked ominous but whatever occurred during half time in the City game transformed our season completely and I reckon there are very few now who would want Farke sacked. Since then Danny Boy and the players have made us all proud and could turn this season into the sort that most of our younger fans have never witnessed. Safety in the Premiership, a good chance of an FA Cup final and beating the Scum in their own midden. :scar1 :scarfe2: :shirtw:
Only Burnley, Forest & Brighton were the three disappointing results, performance-wise. I admit we stunk the place out at Forest/Brighton.

We were unlucky against Fulham, Spurs, Villa & Citeh, we should have got a least a point in those games

Patience is a great virtue in all walks of life, maybe I have that in abundance, whereas my wife Mrs 64 will tell everyone she doesn't do patience. :lol: Thank god I'm the calm one. :-D
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply