FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79202
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by The Subhuman »

White Riot wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2026 5:33 pm Bye Messi, and welcome back Harry 😂
Too soon?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22420
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by White Riot »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2026 5:51 pm Too soon?
Maybe?

ET and penalties?
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79202
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by The Subhuman »

You have a break to sort out your teams for the quarters. In by tomorrow at 9#

4 subs and don't forget your bonuses, tactics play a part here.. for example I've added the Morocco keeper (after losing the mexican one) as he's cheap and game 1, so if he keeps a very unlikely clean sheet I'm golden but if not I fall back on the keeper I wanted to start anyway

I've personally gone clean sheet shield this time, still might leave that to the semi finals. I also have the double captain boost left. I reckon some or most of you have 3 bonuses left

Good luck. Rents took the lead (whomever that is,) 64 is still in good position... Cowboy Dan just holding on. Think that looks like the three from where the winner comes, because the talent pool shrinks and most teams will have most of the same players
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79202
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by The Subhuman »

Get your rosters and bonuses sorted by 9 pm for France Morocco
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155457
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2026 12:10 pm You have a break to sort out your teams for the quarters. In by tomorrow at 9#

4 subs and don't forget your bonuses, tactics play a part here.. for example I've added the Morocco keeper (after losing the mexican one) as he's cheap and game 1, so if he keeps a very unlikely clean sheet I'm golden but if not I fall back on the keeper I wanted to start anyway

I've personally gone clean sheet shield this time, still might leave that to the semi finals. I also have the double captain boost left. I reckon some or most of you have 3 bonuses left

Good luck. Rents took the lead (whomever that is,) 64 is still in good position... Cowboy Dan just holding on. Think that looks like the three from where the winner comes, because the talent pool shrinks and most teams will have most of the same players
I've also gone for the clean sheet shield. :tup:

I've two Moroccans in my squad for the whole of the tournament. Gone for the Spanish keeper for goalkeeper change.

WHO IS RENTS? - Someone own up!
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155457
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2026-07-09 12.45.56.png
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79202
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by The Subhuman »

Saibari out tonight, gonna have to burn three points and make a 6th transfer
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155457
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by 1964white »

Blimey! tight at the top.

Screenshot 2026-07-10 09.44.22.png
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79202
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by The Subhuman »

I have a decision to make, stick with Bounou's 6 points or gamble Martinez keeps a clean sheet and may make a few saves
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155457
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2026 9:39 am I have a decision to make, stick with Bounou's 6 points or gamble Martinez keeps a clean sheet and may make a few saves
Decisions, decisions, decisions!
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22420
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by White Riot »

I've got at least 9 players through to the semi finals.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155457
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by 1964white »

How come has everyone got higher points for the three Spanish players, Simon, Laporte & Cucurella than me?

I only received five points between the three of them.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79202
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by The Subhuman »

My guess is you didn't apply the shield ... looks like you applied the wild card instead.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155457
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by 1964white »

Oh heck, I shot myself in the foot.

The shields have been no benefit to me whatsoever!
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79202
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 7:04 am Oh heck, I shot myself in the foot.

The shields have been no benefit to me whatsoever!
You get them next week (semi finals), might even be better then and you can use your captain for the final. Final week is unlimited subs it seems so you wouldn't need your wild card anyway. Wild card was best spent week two imo..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155457
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 10:54 am You get them next week (semi finals), might even be better then and you can use your captain for the final. Final week is unlimited subs it seems so you wouldn't need your wild card anyway. Wild card was best spent week two imo..
I had to use my wild card last week.

Yes, I read we have unlimited subs final week, hopefully we won't have to make too many changes.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79202
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 11:09 am I had to use my wild card last week.

Yes, I read we have unlimited subs final week, hopefully we won't have to make too many changes.
It's showing you're using your wild card this week, last week you used your 12th man

Look at your team and it's the badge in the top left

When you play your shield doesn't make too much difference, you still have up to 5 defenders and mids also benefit
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9762
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Thank the Lord I didn’t join this, think my brain would have had a meltdown by now.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155457
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by 1964white »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 11:16 am Thank the Lord I didn’t join this, think my brain would have had a meltdown by now.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To say it's complex, is an understatement, Cussie
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155457
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 11:12 am It's showing you're using your wild card this week, last week you used your 12th man

Look at your team and it's the badge in the top left

When you play your shield doesn't make too much difference, you still have up to 5 defenders and mids also benefit
My twelfth man was a waste of space with that woolly haired Lamie Spanish footballer.

Qualification booster earned me 20 points.

I still don't know why I lost points on my three Spanish defenders, as I didn't play the clean sheet shield.

Screenshot 2026-07-11 13.09.28.png
Post Reply