Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13930
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2026 7:02 am What ;-)

I don't drink beer!

OB & Cussie are well schooled on the binge stuff. :lol:
Then get a pint of something else.

Gin comes in pints, doesn't it?
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13930
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by John in Louisiana »

Thanks to all for the great advice. Can't wait to finally put some faces to names.
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by Orange Box »

I’m a little bit pissed off with our club this afternoon. I’ve just received an email which tells me my Leeds + membership that gave me a fighting chance of a ticket last season now hardly gives me any chance at all, and the reason given is it benefits those members who managed to get to 11 games last year. Who the hell manages to get 11 games using a membership application? id love to know.

So basically last season I got second bite at the cherry for tickets, this year I get third bite at the dregs.

Cheers Leeds.
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15046
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Wed Aug 12, 2026 4:08 pm I’m a little bit pissed off with our club this afternoon. I’ve just received an email which tells me my Leeds + membership that gave me a fighting chance of a ticket last season now hardly gives me any chance at all, and the reason given is it benefits those members who managed to get to 11 games last year. Who the hell manages to get 11 games using a membership application? id love to know.

So basically last season I got second bite at the cherry for tickets, this year I get third bite at the dregs.

Cheers Leeds.

Lot of very unhappy people after this descision
Prisoner37
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1157
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by Prisoner37 »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Wed Aug 12, 2026 4:08 pm I’m a little bit pissed off with our club this afternoon. I’ve just received an email which tells me my Leeds + membership that gave me a fighting chance of a ticket last season now hardly gives me any chance at all, and the reason given is it benefits those members who managed to get to 11 games last year. Who the hell manages to get 11 games using a membership application? id love to know.

So basically last season I got second bite at the cherry for tickets, this year I get third bite at the dregs.

Cheers Leeds.
I got 10 games in last year FFS!

Most of them I had to sit about for ages to get them on the exchange.

So after all that I am now going to have even less chances in the ballot as one game short.

When I saw the new prices and ticketing system I did wonder if it was written into Ken Bates' will.
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by Orange Box »

Prisoner37 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 13, 2026 7:54 am I got 10 games in last year FFS!

Most of them I had to sit about for ages to get them on the exchange.

So after all that I am now going to have even less chances in the ballot as one game short.

When I saw the new prices and ticketing system I did wonder if it was written into Ken Bates' will.
I travel down from Scotland so the games I went to (5) were selected. I tried and failed a similar number of times. The thing is , despite each game costing north of £600 with hotels, fuel costs, not to mention my wife going shopping and having to buy Cussie’s beers, I enjoy going to the games and meeting up with people..

So I’m going to do the unimaginable - I’m going to buy a second membership to double my chances in a ballot.
As the saying goes: fool me once…
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9747
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Thu Aug 13, 2026 8:45 am I travel down from Scotland so the games I went to (5) were selected. I tried and failed a similar number of times. The thing is , despite each game costing north of £600 with hotels, fuel costs, not to mention my wife going shopping and having to buy Cussie’s beers, I enjoy going to the games and meeting up with people..

So I’m going to do the unimaginable - I’m going to buy a second membership to double my chances in a ballot.
As the saying goes: fool me once…
🙄
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

We (me and the wife) were members for 10 years and 40 years (me for 40). You get higher up the list for home tickets based on how many away games you go to. The more away games, the easier it is to get tickets for home/cup games. Unless you are attending regularly, there is not much benefit to being a member. You only get to more games by going regularly and building up loyalty points. It's hard at first as you lose out on tickets because you are new but you soon build up.

We were members of Nottingham Whites which meant it is easier to get tickets: always is when you are a member of an Offiliated LUFC Supporters Club. Join a Supporters Club as well if you can...
Last edited by Victor_OTT_17 on Thu Aug 13, 2026 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by Orange Box »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 13, 2026 3:09 pm🙄
just checking to see if you were paying attention.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9747
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Thu Aug 13, 2026 4:12 pm just checking to see if you were paying attention.
The attention span isn’t great today,bit of a late night 🥺
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

Victor_OTT_17 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 13, 2026 3:25 pm We (me and the wife) were members for 10 years and 40 years (me for 40). You get higher up the list for home tickets based on how many away games you go to. The more away games, the easier it is to get tickets for home/cup games. Unless you are attending regularly, there is not much benefit to being a member. You only get to more games by going regularly and building up loyalty points. It's hard at first as you lose out on tickets because you are new but you soon build up.

We were members of Nottingham Whites which meant it is easier to get tickets: always is when you are a member of an Offiliated LUFC Supporters Club. Join a Supporters Club as well if you can...
What I said ^^
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by Orange Box »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 13, 2026 6:25 pm The attention span isn’t great today,bit of a late night 🥺
You also forgot to mention the 🍻early start
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9747
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Thu Aug 13, 2026 9:12 pm You also forgot to mention the 🍻early start
Doesn’t an early start cancel out a late finish ?
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by Orange Box »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 13, 2026 9:27 pm Doesn’t an early start cancel out a late finish ?
Good point. 🙄
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by Orange Box »

As expected, with the new allocation system in place third bite of the dregs for a Brentford ticket leaves me empty handed, even with two memberships in play. 😡
As I’m in Leeds anyway I’ll pop down on game day and see if the ticket office has a last minute cancellation 🤞
User avatar
pandagirl
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 537
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:42 pm

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by pandagirl »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Thu Aug 20, 2026 10:47 am As expected, with the new allocation system in place third bite of the dregs for a Brentford ticket leaves me empty handed, even with two memberships in play. 😡
As I’m in Leeds anyway I’ll pop down on game day and see if the ticket office has a last minute cancellation 🤞
Make sure you avoid some parts of the city center - (or places like armley etc) that stench of weed puts me right off the enthusiasm for wanting to get tickets :lol:
There is greatness and then there is D C L ...
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by Orange Box »

I take it all back - I got an email at 2pm (the official site says all successful applicants would be notified by midday) I’ve got my two tickets - both memberships were successful. What a wonderful club we support!
Mrs OB gets to savour ER for the very first time.
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by Orange Box »

pandagirl wrote: ↑Thu Aug 20, 2026 12:17 pm Make sure you avoid some parts of the city center - (or places like armley etc) that stench of weed puts me right off the enthusiasm for wanting to get tickets :lol:
Thanks for the advice Panda, I worked in Leeds for 25 years as a paramedic so I’m savvy where to go having been in just about every seedy hole you can imagine and 1 or 2 you wouldn’t. I hold my breath every time I cross Briggate, like you say, it proper stinks.

Ps. Where’s your chippy? I’m partial to a nice piece of cod and always visit one place or the other when we come down, since there isn’t one shop in the whole of Scotland can make decent batter.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9747
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Thu Aug 20, 2026 10:47 am As expected, with the new allocation system in place third bite of the dregs for a Brentford ticket leaves me empty handed, even with two memberships in play. 😡
As I’m in Leeds anyway I’ll pop down on game day and see if the ticket office has a last minute cancellation 🤞
Well done mate, good to see your better half is getting to a game at last. Don’t forget to take a couple of cushions 😁
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9747
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Membership. Any good?/Trying to buy tickets!

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Thu Aug 20, 2026 1:11 pm Thanks for the advice Panda, I worked in Leeds for 25 years as a paramedic so I’m savvy where to go having been in just about every seedy hole you can imagine and 1 or 2 you wouldn’t. I hold my breath every time I cross Briggate, like you say, it proper stinks.

Ps. Where’s your chippy? I’m partial to a nice piece of cod and always visit one place or the other when we come down, since there isn’t one shop in the whole of Scotland can make decent batter.
I’ve heard the rumours.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
Post Reply