The OP wasn’t about the style we play, it was about how we play nervously at the end when games are in the balance.
Brighton vs Leeds United - Match Thread
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
Aussieleeds
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 578
- Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:53 am
Re: Brighton vs Leeds United - Match Thread
-
Aussieleeds
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 578
- Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:53 am
Re: Brighton vs Leeds United - Match Thread
I think we’ll definitely finish atop at least six.John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Sun Sep 06, 2026 5:01 pm I think we'll finish top 6, but I also don't understand either context or nuance.
- Irish Ian
- Superstar

- Posts: 17206
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
- Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.
Re: Brighton vs Leeds United - Match Thread
Aussieleeds wrote: ↑Mon Sep 07, 2026 11:34 am The OP wasn’t about the style we play, it was about how we play nervously at the end when games are in the balance.
I think this idea that the team had a characteristic of being nervous in those situations is flawed.
Its a game, it ebbs and flows. Sometimes a team gets on top.
Were we nervous V Forest, Brentford and I didn't see any jitters out there on Saturday and at the tail end of last season v Bournemouth, Spurs Brighton we gave as good as we got in the latter stages.
I think its just that at times havent been able to match the squad depth of others.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155448
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Brighton vs Leeds United - Match Thread
Typical BBC, their coverage of sport is appalling.weasel wrote: ↑Sat Sep 05, 2026 10:19 pm They show highlights from their website from 8pm. Supposedly what they show later but minus the pundit discussion. Bizarrely showed the Stach chance on the MoTD program so I checked back, thinking I had made a rare mistake, but definitely wasn't on the 7m 48s highlights - just went straight into 2nd half and the Tanaka offside goal. Very strange - would have presumed it would have been the same especially as it had the same annoying commentator (Jonathan Pearce) on both sets of highlights.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41784
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Brighton vs Leeds United - Match Thread
Not sure beating BA in a duel and BA ending it on the floor is quite the flex the Brighton twitter admin thinks tbf
Good feet though
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7088
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Brighton vs Leeds United - Match Thread
I haven’t read their posts are they new to the forum ?John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Sun Sep 06, 2026 5:01 pm I think we'll finish top 6, but I also don't understand either context or nuance.
- malcolmw
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3715
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
- Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
Re: Brighton vs Leeds United - Match Thread
Had a busy weekend so only watched the game last night.
Like most on the forum, Im really pleased with the point (I'd forecast 2-2), but also a little disappointed we didnt get 3.
But that tells how much better this squad is than last year's. Like Brentford, Brighton are a very good team - and the fact we feel we should beat both tells us how our level has raised.
Farke's formation was solid for me in that 5 across the middle helped us overcome their pace in midfield.
But maybe the subs in the second half could've been different. Frankly I'd like to have seen James come on to make their defenders think twice about pushing too far up.
Tanaka was immense- deserved MoM.
Elvedi too was really solid. Again, the fact he is keeping Bijol out of the starting 11 tells you how solid we've built the back. Tarik excellent again.
Stack is looking lead footed. Dont know if its fitness or he's being asked to play a different role, but I reckon Longstaff should start in his place next game.
Wilson still not clicking but I feel you have to give a squad about 6 weeks at the start of a season to figure out whats going on. (Maybe that applies to Stach too?)
I still think Wilson is better than Aaronson off the bench. He just reads the game better and isnt just running around like a crazy man. Brendon defonitely off a bit - or the squad has moved passed him?
The other positive for me is that while its frustrating we missed a number of chances - at least now we are making more chances.
DCL needs to convert more, but I still love watching him - he makes such a nuisance of himself- its great. Okafor was doing the same thing..
I cant wait to see the new kid especially running at a goalkeeper in possession.
I rode my bike to the gym this morning and thought Id try to get to his clocked speed of 37.5km/h. Bloody hell, that is fast. I nearly popped a valve at 32km/h. Did manage to get up to that speed....going down a steep hill :
Like most on the forum, Im really pleased with the point (I'd forecast 2-2), but also a little disappointed we didnt get 3.
But that tells how much better this squad is than last year's. Like Brentford, Brighton are a very good team - and the fact we feel we should beat both tells us how our level has raised.
Farke's formation was solid for me in that 5 across the middle helped us overcome their pace in midfield.
But maybe the subs in the second half could've been different. Frankly I'd like to have seen James come on to make their defenders think twice about pushing too far up.
Tanaka was immense- deserved MoM.
Elvedi too was really solid. Again, the fact he is keeping Bijol out of the starting 11 tells you how solid we've built the back. Tarik excellent again.
Stack is looking lead footed. Dont know if its fitness or he's being asked to play a different role, but I reckon Longstaff should start in his place next game.
Wilson still not clicking but I feel you have to give a squad about 6 weeks at the start of a season to figure out whats going on. (Maybe that applies to Stach too?)
I still think Wilson is better than Aaronson off the bench. He just reads the game better and isnt just running around like a crazy man. Brendon defonitely off a bit - or the squad has moved passed him?
The other positive for me is that while its frustrating we missed a number of chances - at least now we are making more chances.
DCL needs to convert more, but I still love watching him - he makes such a nuisance of himself- its great. Okafor was doing the same thing..
I cant wait to see the new kid especially running at a goalkeeper in possession.
I rode my bike to the gym this morning and thought Id try to get to his clocked speed of 37.5km/h. Bloody hell, that is fast. I nearly popped a valve at 32km/h. Did manage to get up to that speed....going down a steep hill :
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7088
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79199
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Brighton vs Leeds United - Match Thread
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"