Forgot all about Alias Smith & Jones, I loved that and fancied both Ben Murphy and Pete Duel and was gutted when he commited suicide. Wasnt so keen on his replacement. I also enjoyed Randall & Hopkirk Deceased.1964white wrote:
Can you remember a similar tv version Alias Smith & Jones featuring Pete Duel & Ben Murphy![]()
O/T - The movies / Television thread
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
joluafc4eva
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
-
revie-era
- First Team

- Posts: 1571
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
For a more accurate portrait of Clough, read "Provided You Dont Kiss Me"JonTheBassist wrote:Hmmmm, i think i must look out for 'Where Eagles Dare', it must be pretty good if so many of you folk are raving about it ey?
I see a lot of you are also V fans...have you seen the new series? I watched the first season and thought it was great
Another thing - I watched The Damned United recently and thought it was pretty good. I hear though that Cloughs wife was saying that its an inaccurate portrayal of the man. What are your thoughts on that?
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155094
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
No Roger Davis had a difficult job replacing Pete Duel & as you said wasn't as goodjoluafc4eva wrote: Forgot all about Alias Smith & Jones, I loved that and fancied both Ben Murphy and Pete Duel and was gutted when he commited suicide. Wasnt so keen on his replacement. I also enjoyed Randall & Hopkirk Deceased.
Watched all the re-runs of Randall & Hopkirk a couple of years ago Jo
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155094
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
Unsure if anyone has mention this classic tv series, one of my favourites from the 60's
The Man From Uncle
The Man From Uncle
- CSA
- First Team

- Posts: 2392
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
- Location: South Leeds.
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
See they are doing a remake of that.1964white wrote:Unsure if anyone has mention this classic tv series, one of my favourites from the 60's
The Man From Uncle
talking of sixties series these three were all crackers
The Munsters.
The Addams Family
Batman.
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
I enjoyed Man from Uncle and Alias Smith and Jones...and alas Smith and Jones.
What about the Persuaders? Great fun that was and I liked the Professionals too.
I did enjoy comedies like Allo Allo, Are you being served, Love thy neighbour when I first saw them many years ago, but when I watch them again I find them dated and not that funny.
Not the 9 o'clock news is another goodie.
I enjoy those sort of current event satirical shows and its something that Australian TV is really good at - the Games, Frontline, Hollowmen, Chaser and more.
What about the Persuaders? Great fun that was and I liked the Professionals too.
I did enjoy comedies like Allo Allo, Are you being served, Love thy neighbour when I first saw them many years ago, but when I watch them again I find them dated and not that funny.
Not the 9 o'clock news is another goodie.
I enjoy those sort of current event satirical shows and its something that Australian TV is really good at - the Games, Frontline, Hollowmen, Chaser and more.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
-
revie-era
- First Team

- Posts: 1571
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
Also like the Silence of The Lamds and all the other Hannibal films
-
revie-era
- First Team

- Posts: 1571
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
Open Channel D, Mr Kuryakin1964white wrote:Unsure if anyone has mention this classic tv series, one of my favourites from the 60's
The Man From Uncle
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155094
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
:thup:revie-era wrote: Open Channel D, Mr Kuryakin
- matt leeds
- First Team

- Posts: 1282
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 pm
- Location: Doncaster
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
I put some of my fave films in an earlier post. Television wise I like - The Apprentice, I really enjoyed all of the Alan Partridge shows that were done and although its quite sad I like the X Factor, although I do prefer the audition shows where its a lot funnier.
Leeds is in my blood, always will be.
Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
-
MeeTa
- Manager

- Posts: 4456
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
- Twitter: @EirikOstrem
- Location: A place you cant afford to live
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
POWER RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
Thunderbirds are GO! :thup:
-
yorkshiremackem
- First Team

- Posts: 1118
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:12 pm
- Location: on my ass, in a warm chair
- Contact:
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
this could have a sub board, along with a music board as this could go on like the music thread which has more posts than the drunken rants.
anyway....
tv: scrubs, man v food, the walking dead, dexter(not cartoon), the wot wots(cartoon)
film: lord of the rings, spiderman, any zombie flicks, girl next door
anyway....
tv: scrubs, man v food, the walking dead, dexter(not cartoon), the wot wots(cartoon)
film: lord of the rings, spiderman, any zombie flicks, girl next door
- CSA
- First Team

- Posts: 2392
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
- Location: South Leeds.
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
From a very funny Leeds lad
Foam Shrimpay
Cola Cubay. LOL!!
Foam Shrimpay
Cola Cubay. LOL!!
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
you missed off the part that is funny?CSA wrote:From a very funny Leeds lad
Foam Shrimpay
Cola Cubay. LOL!!
- CSA
- First Team

- Posts: 2392
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
- Location: South Leeds.
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
Which bit would that be.Twiggster wrote:
you missed off the part that is funny?
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
You tell me? That clip wasn't funny in any wayCSA wrote: Which bit would that be.
- CSA
- First Team

- Posts: 2392
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
- Location: South Leeds.
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
OK OK I get the message, sorry ! we'll move on.Twiggster wrote: You tell me? That clip wasn't funny in any way
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
:nahnah: :nahnah:
- matt leeds
- First Team

- Posts: 1282
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 pm
- Location: Doncaster
Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread
I absolutely love watching Lee Evans, hilarious! Im going to see him live at Sheffield Arena next October.
Leeds is in my blood, always will be.
Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
