Now the season is virtually over....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155199
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Now the season is virtually over....

Post by 1964white »

Will you still be attending the last few games ?

I'll be in N10 as usual for the remaining home games. Leicester will surely be a sell-out !

Was hoping to do Cardiff, unfortunately it is a loyalty game only therefore that one is out as i've only done 8 aways, serves me right for cutting back :|
User avatar
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 872
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:09 pm
Location: Armley

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by patlufc »

Yes I will there in my usual spot, the row behind WR :shock:
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155199
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by 1964white »

I'll pop over & see you both at half-time as usual :tup:

As long as i remember to bring my tin hat :lol:
joluafc4eva

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by joluafc4eva »

Yeah got tickets booked.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by Genghers »

User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by HarryofOz »

I'll be at the Leicester game. I tried to get tickets in the N10 or surrounds but couldn't get what I wanted so have opted for the West Stand instead.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by Twiggster »

HarryofOz wrote:I'll be at the Leicester game. I tried to get tickets in the N10 or surrounds but couldn't get what I wanted so have opted for the West Stand instead.
Did you ask any Kop ST holders on here to get you a ticket, H? :duno: Always best to ask friends, rather than use the TO.
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

1964white wrote:Will you still be attending the last few games ?

I'll be in N10 as usual for the remaining home games. Leicester will surely be a sell-out !

Was hoping to do Cardiff, unfortunately it is a loyalty game only therefore that one is out as i've only done 8 aways, serves me right for cutting back :|
I average about 1/3 to 1/2 the games in anyone season. My last game was forest and it maybe my last. :cry:
As I live in kent, this does make get to ER that bit hard. But what really gets in the way is my job. I'm a contractor (mech fitter) and work on power stations, up and down the UK. My job involves working a lot 10 & 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week. So planing games is hard too.
Season 12/13: I plan on making me and Harry (my son Aged 7) club members, so we can start attending away games, in and around the south east, (didn't renew last season in protest to KB thats another story).
Could I please ask your good self (1964white) and others on this great forum, for advice.
On travel: for e.g. coaches, train or car which is the best and safest when taking my son to away games
Also which grounds and away fans to maybe avoid. When taking young Harry

ps i do Know about the kent whites so that could be a option?? :duno:
User avatar
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:27 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by CardiffWhite »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: I average about 1/3 to 1/2 the games in anyone season. My last game was forest and it maybe my last. :cry:
As I live in kent, this does make get to ER that bit hard. But what really gets in the way is my job. I'm a contractor (mech fitter) and work on power stations, up and down the UK. My job involves working a lot 10 & 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week. So planing games is hard too.
Season 12/13: I plan on making me and Harry (my son Aged 7) club members, so we can start attending away games, in and around the south east, (didn't renew last season in protest to KB thats another story).
Could I please ask your good self (1964white) and others on this great forum, for advice.
On travel: for e.g. coaches, train or car which is the best and safest when taking my son to away games
Also which grounds and away fans to maybe avoid. When taking young Harry

ps i do Know about the kent whites so that could be a option?? :duno:
I'll just chip in here - I've got a 6 year-old son who has been to a couple of home games now, but I've held back from taking him to away games for now as I think he is too young. For me, I err on the side of caution as I don't want my son subjected to some of the things that can happen at away games. I don't think there is any guaranteed good safe away trips, but obviously some are much more dodgy than others. Having been to Coventry a few times recently, I would say that would be quite a good bet. Although they might not be in our league next season. As he gets older, I'd be more willing to take him to other games.
User avatar
LUFCkent
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by LUFCkent »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: ps i do Know about the kent whites so that could be a option?? :duno:
PM me for KW details for next season Steven.
About 40 of us will be at Leicester game, prob N2, and staying over in Leeds at Bewleys which we do 2 or 3 games a year. However mostly for home games we coach it there and back on a long day. Usually about £15 tops per adult with reduction for kids/seniors. also do lots of aways, but getting away tickets as a large group is made virtually impossible by current ticketing system. However we either run a coach, minibus or several cars. Makes it easier on pocket and body in a group!
Also meet up locally for televised games.
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Now the season is virtually over....

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

CardiffWhite wrote:
I'll just chip in here - I've got a 6 year-old son who has been to a couple of home games now, but I've held back from taking him to away games for now as I think he is too young. For me, I err on the side of caution as I don't want my son subjected to some of the things that can happen at away games. I don't think there is any guaranteed good safe away trips, but obviously some are much more dodgy than others. Having been to Coventry a few times recently, I would say that would be quite a good bet. Although they might not be in our league next season. As he gets older, I'd be more willing to take him to other games.
thanks for your input, my friend. That's helped a little in my thinking. Harry is 8 in November, but like u say its a young age. Not sure what to do???
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by Drs.Dad »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: thanks for your input, my friend. That's helped a little in my thinking. Harry is 8 in November, but like u say its a young age. Not sure what to do???

Have you considered trying to get tickets for the Family Area...... if they are available, it's far nicer for kids, our lad takes our granddaughter occasionally, and that's where he takes her. No pushing, trouble, bad language, a much more pleasant time for the young 'uns.
:-D
Image
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79025
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by The Subhuman »

Drs.Dad wrote:

Have you considered trying to get tickets for the Family Area...... if they are available, it's far nicer for kids, our lad takes our granddaughter occasionally, and that's where he takes her. No pushing, trouble, bad language, a much more pleasant time for the young 'uns.
:-D

where did he get the leg from?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Now the season is virtually over....

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

LUFCkent wrote:
PM me for KW details for next season Steven.
About 40 of us will be at Leicester game, prob N2, and staying over in Leeds at Bewleys which we do 2 or 3 games a year. However mostly for home games we coach it there and back on a long day. Usually about £15 tops per adult with reduction for kids/seniors. also do lots of aways, but getting away tickets as a large group is made virtually impossible by current ticketing system. However we either run a coach, minibus or several cars. Makes it easier on pocket and body in a group!
Also meet up locally for televised games.
thanks for that my friend, I will PM you later to today. Using my i phone at the moment. Will PM on the my computer in a short while . MOT
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Now the season is virtually over....

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

Drs.Dad wrote:

Have you considered trying to get tickets for the Family Area...... if they are available, it's far nicer for kids, our lad takes our granddaughter occasionally, and that's where he takes her. No pushing, trouble, bad language, a much more pleasant time for the young 'uns.
:-D
Thanks for your replay my friend.
Yes, I've taken him in the family area, that's where the pic of cop cat and Harry was taken.
But this season I didn't get are club memberships. I don't think Mr Bates lets outcasts like us sit there??
I've taken Harry in the west stand ,the last few times and that seems ok But it's full price for children, (good old bates, always think of the kids) also taken him in south stand but is really last choice.
I Think the best thing is to give into Mr Bates and get two club memberships
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by Drs.Dad »

faaip wrote:

where did he get the leg from?

Is that to go with the arm?
:mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by Gino 1959 »

Drs.Dad wrote:

Have you considered trying to get tickets for the Family Area...... if they are available
I trust - out of respect for other supporters - that is where you take your kids :mrgreen:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 872
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:09 pm
Location: Armley

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by patlufc »

joluafc4eva wrote:Yeah got tickets booked.
Thought you couldn't afford to come to this 1 :duno:
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
User avatar
barryanorak
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3191
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Now the season is virtually over....

Post by barryanorak »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: Thanks for your replay my friend.
Yes, I've taken him in the family area, that's where the pic of cop cat and Harry was taken.
But this season I didn't get are club memberships. I don't think Mr Bates lets outcasts like us sit there??
I've taken Harry in the west stand ,the last few times and that seems ok But it's full price for children, (good old bates, always think of the kids) also taken him in south stand but is really last choice.
I Think the best thing is to give into Mr Bates and get two club memberships

Cunning plan - you can get two tickets on each memebership. Enrol junior as the member, you can then go as 'plus one' on his membership in the family area. That's what I used to do - and wish I still could...

Only thing is, you'd also need a membership to do away games.
Last edited by barryanorak on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

Armleywhite

Now the season is virtually over....

Post by Armleywhite »

Been taking Sam to ER since he was 7. Been in the family stand a few time. It mostly north corners. He loves it up there cos he can get chants going with the kop.
Post Reply