January Transfer Window!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78987
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: January Transfer Window!
and buying a player who played well against you, I suspect, is akin to placing a fielder where someone just hit you for four...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
joluafc4eva
Re: January Transfer Window!
Paddy Kisnorbo has joined Ipswich on loan till 29th January.
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/2013010 ... 85_3025703
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/2013010 ... 85_3025703
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78987
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: January Transfer Window!
good news..they can get his fitness up and we can send Tate back....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: January Transfer Window!
I only agree with one part of that statement, but not for football reasonsCrude United wrote:I'd be okay with Derry, he's clearly (from what I've seen of him play this year) a step above Brown. Give him a half a season back at the club and he'll run through walls for us. Derry IN!
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
-
CalliWhite
- Ballboy

- Posts: 27
- Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:52 pm
Re: January Transfer Window!
I would like to see at least a little activity if only to stir the pot. Playoffs is possible do not think top two is.
- Bakerjamessteven
- First Team

- Posts: 2461
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
- Location: Rochester Kent
January Transfer Window!
Good. Another of the wage billjoluafc4eva wrote:Paddy Kisnorbo has joined Ipswich on loan till 29th January.
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/2013010 ... 85_3025703
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: January Transfer Window!
I was speaking to a couple of other Leeds fans over the weekend, we agreed that generally speaking going after ex players shows a lack of ideas on how to move forwards.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
-
ldsutd
- First Team

- Posts: 1127
- Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
- Location: LEEDS
Re: January Transfer Window!
I think we are dragging our heals a bit in this transfer window. I think to get the best out of January's transfer window is to do your home work on the players you want in November-December and pounce early January that way you have the player longer and have more games out of them to push on, but as usual we drag our heals
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155139
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: January Transfer Window!
Leeds United are not blessed with forward thinking, haven't been for decades !ldsutd wrote:I think we are dragging our heals a bit in this transfer window. I think to get the best out of January's transfer window is to do your home work on the players you want in November-December and pounce early January that way you have the player longer and have more games out of them to push on, but as usual we drag our heals
- Crude
- Superstar

- Posts: 5674
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
- Location: 'Merica
Re: January Transfer Window!
This could be the worst transfer window in regards to rumors. Not one, "Alan Smith seen in ER carpark-in McD's-begging for change at Billy's." Come on, lets get the unfettered rumor-mill cranking!!!!
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78987
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: January Transfer Window!
the rumour mill of MOT grinds slow but it grinds exceeding small
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
ldsutd
- First Team

- Posts: 1127
- Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
- Location: LEEDS
Re: January Transfer Window!
Well I heard a bloke in the Dragon saying he drove past elland rd and he then drove up gelderd rd then round the corner and down to the Dragon and had a pint.
Why what more did you want? Did you want me to say he heard a rumour about a new signing er no sorry
Why what more did you want? Did you want me to say he heard a rumour about a new signing er no sorry
- mchldavies7
- First Team

- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:37 pm
- Location: Mooching about..
Re: January Transfer Window!
romours only seem to result in disappointment at LU..much prefer it to be like years ago before intermet I.e twitter etc...you heard nothing then BANG! new player all unexpected like....although it feels like these days its a load of rumour then a load of nothing...just hope we dont get the usual mouldy old cast offs...pffftt
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: January Transfer Window!
Should just do away with the windows. Stupid idea in the first place.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: January Transfer Window!
And daylight robbery from a tax point of viewTwiggster wrote:Should just do away with the windows. Stupid idea in the first place.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: January Transfer Window!
I would like to see an international window, but domestic transfers allowed all year round.
(Meaning people will look harder at lower leagues for players, keeping the money in the UK and keeping smaller clubs afloat)
(Meaning people will look harder at lower leagues for players, keeping the money in the UK and keeping smaller clubs afloat)
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: January Transfer Window!
And pinching our best players!mav wrote:I would like to see an international window, but domestic transfers allowed all year round.
(Meaning people will look harder at lower leagues for players, keeping the money in the UK and keeping smaller clubs afloat)
I think loans should be allowed throughout the season though, as it would help injured players get back to fitness quicker, and youngsters to get out if they are showing promise, but not enough for 1st team...
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: January Transfer Window!
We may lose some yes, but we may gain some too! also clubs would be able to carry smaller squads rather get an extra body in "just in case"Genghers wrote: And pinching our best players!
I think loans should be allowed throughout the season though, as it would help injured players get back to fitness quicker, and youngsters to get out if they are showing promise, but not enough for 1st team...
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: January Transfer Window!
I just hope no one at the club thinks Dyer is worth a punt.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- patlufc
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 872
- Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:09 pm
- Location: Armley
Re: January Transfer Window!
I think they are good idea, lets lots of light in and I like being able to see outsideTwiggster wrote:Should just do away with the windows. Stupid idea in the first place.
EVERYTHINGLEEDS