January Transfer Window!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by The Subhuman »

and buying a player who played well against you, I suspect, is akin to placing a fielder where someone just hit you for four...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
joluafc4eva

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by joluafc4eva »

Paddy Kisnorbo has joined Ipswich on loan till 29th January.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/2013010 ... 85_3025703
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by The Subhuman »

good news..they can get his fitness up and we can send Tate back....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by Gino 1959 »

Crude United wrote:I'd be okay with Derry, he's clearly (from what I've seen of him play this year) a step above Brown. Give him a half a season back at the club and he'll run through walls for us. Derry IN!
I only agree with one part of that statement, but not for football reasons :wink:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
CalliWhite
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:52 pm

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by CalliWhite »

I would like to see at least a little activity if only to stir the pot. Playoffs is possible do not think top two is.
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

January Transfer Window!

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

joluafc4eva wrote:Paddy Kisnorbo has joined Ipswich on loan till 29th January.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/2013010 ... 85_3025703
Good. Another of the wage bill
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by mav »

I was speaking to a couple of other Leeds fans over the weekend, we agreed that generally speaking going after ex players shows a lack of ideas on how to move forwards.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
Location: LEEDS

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by ldsutd »

I think we are dragging our heals a bit in this transfer window. I think to get the best out of January's transfer window is to do your home work on the players you want in November-December and pounce early January that way you have the player longer and have more games out of them to push on, but as usual we drag our heals :duno:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155131
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by 1964white »

ldsutd wrote:I think we are dragging our heals a bit in this transfer window. I think to get the best out of January's transfer window is to do your home work on the players you want in November-December and pounce early January that way you have the player longer and have more games out of them to push on, but as usual we drag our heals :duno:
Leeds United are not blessed with forward thinking, haven't been for decades !
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by Crude »

This could be the worst transfer window in regards to rumors. Not one, "Alan Smith seen in ER carpark-in McD's-begging for change at Billy's." Come on, lets get the unfettered rumor-mill cranking!!!! :roll:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by The Subhuman »

the rumour mill of MOT grinds slow but it grinds exceeding small
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
ldsutd
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
Location: LEEDS

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by ldsutd »

Well I heard a bloke in the Dragon saying he drove past elland rd and he then drove up gelderd rd then round the corner and down to the Dragon and had a pint.



Why what more did you want? Did you want me to say he heard a rumour about a new signing er no sorry :wink:
User avatar
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:37 pm
Location: Mooching about..

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by mchldavies7 »

romours only seem to result in disappointment at LU..much prefer it to be like years ago before intermet I.e twitter etc...you heard nothing then BANG! new player all unexpected like....although it feels like these days its a load of rumour then a load of nothing...just hope we dont get the usual mouldy old cast offs...pffftt :?
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by Twiggster »

Should just do away with the windows. Stupid idea in the first place. :evil:
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by Gino 1959 »

Twiggster wrote:Should just do away with the windows. Stupid idea in the first place. :evil:
And daylight robbery from a tax point of view :wink:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by mav »

I would like to see an international window, but domestic transfers allowed all year round.

(Meaning people will look harder at lower leagues for players, keeping the money in the UK and keeping smaller clubs afloat)
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by Genghers »

mav wrote:I would like to see an international window, but domestic transfers allowed all year round.

(Meaning people will look harder at lower leagues for players, keeping the money in the UK and keeping smaller clubs afloat)
And pinching our best players!

I think loans should be allowed throughout the season though, as it would help injured players get back to fitness quicker, and youngsters to get out if they are showing promise, but not enough for 1st team...
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by mav »

Genghers wrote: And pinching our best players!

I think loans should be allowed throughout the season though, as it would help injured players get back to fitness quicker, and youngsters to get out if they are showing promise, but not enough for 1st team...
We may lose some yes, but we may gain some too! also clubs would be able to carry smaller squads rather get an extra body in "just in case"
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by mav »

I just hope no one at the club thinks Dyer is worth a punt.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
User avatar
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 872
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:09 pm
Location: Armley

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by patlufc »

Twiggster wrote:Should just do away with the windows. Stupid idea in the first place. :evil:
I think they are good idea, lets lots of light in and I like being able to see outside :P :-D 8-)
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
Post Reply