We still got him, although he's a right nag these daysbarryanorak wrote:I suppose we can now stop wondering what happened to Shergar.

We still got him, although he's a right nag these daysbarryanorak wrote:I suppose we can now stop wondering what happened to Shergar.


Gino 1959 wrote: Once I started working in the pharmaceutical industry and starting learning medical stuff, I stopped eating meat - overnight!

Ronan got his first taste at the Kneebreakers Club in East Belfast when he was 10Twiggster wrote:I think I was 5 before I actually tasted beef or pork.
Jesus - how bloody horrific - hope that butcher died a horrible slow death too eventually. Did you go and watch them being slaughtered, watch them struggle to get free, see the pain and fear in their eyes as they were killed?Twiggster wrote:Horse was the only meat we could get/afford when I was a kid. There was still post war rationing and I think I was 5 before I actually tasted beef or pork.
I remember accompanying mum to the horse butchers shop somewhere behind Burley Rd in Leeds. The butcher slaughtered the horses in a big hangar like building behind the shop.

joluafc4eva wrote: Absolutely - what right have I to live any more than any animal?

I dont care - I dont feel I have any more right to live than any animal.MeeTa wrote:
I dont mind veggies, but this logic isnt working, its not about whos got rights to live, you think a lion will not eat a human because shes thinking well i dont have any more right to live than that human. Its survival of the fittest, always have been, always will be.

joluafc4eva wrote: I dont care - I dont feel I have any more right to live than any animal.

What makes us so high on the food chain - cos we have the equipment to kill animals? e.g shot guns, knives etc which not only kills animals but humans too. If they are ok to use on animals then they are ok to use on humans too of whatever age? Everying feels the same pain, fear, etc when faced with a knife or gun put to our heads.MeeTa wrote:
You dont have, and i dont have. But the fine thing about being a human is were usually quite high on the food chain, so we kill and eat the animals below us. Same as any animal on our planet

Why should the butcher die horribly? It's a profession - people wanted meat, same as they do now. He supplied it.joluafc4eva wrote: Jesus - how bloody horrific - hope that butcher died a horrible slow death too eventually. Did you go and watch them being slaughtered, watch them struggle to get free, see the pain and fear in their eyes as they were killed?![]()
![]()
People wonder why Im a vegetarian


joluafc4eva wrote: What makes us so high on the food chain - cos we have the equipment to kill animals? e.g shot guns, knives etc which not only kills animals but humans too. If they are ok to use on animals then they are ok to use on humans too of whatever age? Everying feels the same pain, fear, etc when faced with a knife or gun put to our heads.
We only think we are superior to animals but actually we are not and we dont have to live on meat.


Twiggster wrote:

Must be lovely seeing animals alive one minute and then dead the next - absolutely defencless.Twiggster wrote:
Why should the butcher die horribly? It's a profession - people wanted meat, same as they do now. He supplied it.
No, I didn't see the horses killed, but I have since worked in an abbatoire. That too was a job. Bolt to the head - dead. Quickly and humanely.

No need to feel disgusted- it's not Dolphin as in "Flipper". "Dolphin fish" also known as Mahi Mahi on the east coast and known as Dorado on the west.faaip wrote:
I was rather hoping not...
As you say, we think we are. Makes me smile though, how long it takes a pathetic human baby to learn to walk, talk etc and yet animals are up and walking within moments of their birth, and are made to adapt to survive in their own different environments without the need of machines etc.MeeTa wrote:
Our brain makes us high on the food chain, our brain is why we have the technology we have today. Our brain is something no other animal on this planet has. Its not ok to use guns on humans randomly, we use weapons on animals cause we depend on animals for food. Always has and always will. And ofc we are superior to animals the human position in the nature says we are.

joluafc4eva wrote: As you say, we think we are. Makes me smile though, how long it takes a pathetic human baby to learn to walk, talk etc and yet animals are up and walking within moments of their birth, and are made to adapt to survive in their own different environments without the need of machines etc.
Humans superior - I think not


