Depression
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: Depression
Frank Bruno - and other sufferers - to be interviewed by his own daughter for a BBC3 documentary later this month.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
-
ash
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 328
- Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:42 pm
Re: Depression
Good for you. Been there once and didn't like what came out. It's amazing what the mind can bury. Sticking to the pills as and when I feel the need.markolufc wrote: I personally found psychotherapy was massively helpful, helped me uncover destructive habits. Was uncomfortable talking about my deepest most disturbing thoughts but it's part of the process.
The original TWAT. The one and only real TWAT.
-
markolufc
- First Team

- Posts: 1079
- Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 2:22 am
Re: Depression
I didn't like what came out either. It's all part of it. I just spent a month without feeling depressed, anxious, etc and it's all a result of the progress I've made, the psychotherapy was all a big part of it.

-
ash
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 328
- Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:42 pm
- dezzy
- Manager

- Posts: 4249
- Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
- Location: Cork Ireland
Re: Depression
I don't know why I'm writing here and don't expect a response but my head feels like it's caving in on itself, I have a constant dread in my stomach, empty. I have suffered from countless concussions from rugby and informed my doctor and work that my concentration and memory seem to be effected and been put out sick, then might be left back but have to be cleared by the doc and I can't Ben bring myself to go in!
I try to be strong and brush it off, I really am lost
I try to be strong and brush it off, I really am lost
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
-
gessa
Re: Depression
Dezzy, it really sounds like you need to talk to someone mate, preferably a professional, these things don't mend themselves.dezzy wrote:I don't know why I'm writing here and don't expect a response but my head feels like it's caving in on itself, I have a constant dread in my stomach, empty. I have suffered from countless concussions from rugby and informed my doctor and work that my concentration and memory seem to be effected and been put out sick, then might be left back but have to be cleared by the doc and I can't Ben bring myself to go in!
I try to be strong and brush it off, I really am lost
Taking the first step can often be the hardest because it may mean admitting to someone that you're not well, but it needs to be made, not just for you but your wonderful family. Making this post may be your first step, if so go and take the next and see your doctor. All the best mate.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: Depression
Sound advice, Ges. Dezzy, you've recognised something is up - just don't let it go unchecked, mate.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Depression
Dez mate - you did right to post on here and that is the first step. You will get nothing but support on here, even tho we are mostly just names on a messageboard to you. We still care when one of our own is in trouble.
As Gessa and Gino have said - now go see your doctor and get checked. It really IS the best thing to do. The longer you leave it, the heavier it will get and the harder to get out of it.
In the meantime, sending you a HUGE hug
As Gessa and Gino have said - now go see your doctor and get checked. It really IS the best thing to do. The longer you leave it, the heavier it will get and the harder to get out of it.
In the meantime, sending you a HUGE hug
- woodfordwhites
- First Team

- Posts: 1838
- Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:07 pm
- Location: east london
Re: Depression
be strong mate. huge group hug from the motforum.. takecare
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
Depression
Go to the docter dez!
And make sure that tablets isn't the only option!
Good luck fella!!
And make sure that tablets isn't the only option!
Good luck fella!!
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
Depression
How is everyone on this front??
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
Depression
How is everyone on this front??
- CSA
- First Team

- Posts: 2392
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
- Location: South Leeds.
Re: Depression
dezzy wrote:I don't know why I'm writing here and don't expect a response but my head feels like it's caving in on itself, I have a constant dread in my stomach, empty. I have suffered from countless concussions from rugby and informed my doctor and work that my concentration and memory seem to be effected and been put out sick, then might be left back but have to be cleared by the doc and I can't Ben bring myself to go in!
I try to be strong and brush it off, I really am lost
Know where you are mate, sounds like you are having an anxiety overload, get to Doc's and talk
- dezzy
- Manager

- Posts: 4249
- Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
- Location: Cork Ireland
Re: Depression
Thanks all, took a tab the doc gave to chill
Me out, still bleak but better, slows down the mind. Really appricate the thoughts and messages, I've always been an advocate of exercise to help it's just getting the balls to go out, also me great advice in the PMs thanks so much
Me out, still bleak but better, slows down the mind. Really appricate the thoughts and messages, I've always been an advocate of exercise to help it's just getting the balls to go out, also me great advice in the PMs thanks so much
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155104
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Depression
Take it easy & chill Dezdezzy wrote:Thanks all, took a tab the doc gave to chill
Me out, still bleak but better, slows down the mind. Really appricate the thoughts and messages, I've always been an advocate of exercise to help it's just getting the balls to go out, also me great advice in the PMs thanks so much
Hope you feel better soon
-
Velotrax
Re: Depression
All the best mate, I have Bi Polar disorder and these guys on here really helped me through the bad days
- BobHirst
- Manager

- Posts: 3452
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: Depression
Not to make light of a serious subject....
But, why don't you stop supporting Leeds, you'll feel a lot happier!
But, why don't you stop supporting Leeds, you'll feel a lot happier!
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Depression
Dezzy, the first and most important step is to realise that you are not alone. i have been where you are, as have many on this forum including Velotrax and Wolftone. I won't name others, they can come forward themselves but believe me when I say that you are not a freak, you are among many sympathetic friends.
You have to find your own way, my personal experience is that a good counsellor is worth a ton of chemicals.
Keep posting, don't worry if you think you are spouting bollocks, just keep communicating. The very worst thing you can do is to withdraw, however tempting it might seem.
We are with you.
MOT
You have to find your own way, my personal experience is that a good counsellor is worth a ton of chemicals.
Keep posting, don't worry if you think you are spouting bollocks, just keep communicating. The very worst thing you can do is to withdraw, however tempting it might seem.
We are with you.
MOT
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- drsdadsotherson
- First Team

- Posts: 1689
- Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:44 pm
Re: Depression
Dezzy, I'm so chuffed you posted. It's a tough thing to do when you bare your inner thoughts to the scrutiny of others, and I hope that the supportive messages are helping you recognise that it's not something people take lightly any more.
You've been strong long enough and it's important that you follow some of the advice that's been given.
I know from very painful experience what it's like when you are trying to be strong for too long. I tried to deal with it by myself and that choice has cost me everything apart from my family. I have lost my car, my friends, a successful career and soon I will lose my home. That's not to mention the things you lose inside.
I'm not saying this to scare you, to get sympathy or to suggest that this WILL happen. I just have to do what I can in any small way to try and stop the same thing happening to anybody else through sheer pride and a false idea of what mental health problems really are. A tablet from the doctor may allieviate the symptoms for a while, but it cannot address the underlying cause. I can't recommend talking to a professional highly enough and remember always, this is not a burden you have to bear alone.
You've been strong long enough and it's important that you follow some of the advice that's been given.
I know from very painful experience what it's like when you are trying to be strong for too long. I tried to deal with it by myself and that choice has cost me everything apart from my family. I have lost my car, my friends, a successful career and soon I will lose my home. That's not to mention the things you lose inside.
I'm not saying this to scare you, to get sympathy or to suggest that this WILL happen. I just have to do what I can in any small way to try and stop the same thing happening to anybody else through sheer pride and a false idea of what mental health problems really are. A tablet from the doctor may allieviate the symptoms for a while, but it cannot address the underlying cause. I can't recommend talking to a professional highly enough and remember always, this is not a burden you have to bear alone.
