Reading

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155260
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Reading

Post by 1964white »

Clyde1998 wrote:I was pretty impressed by you last night. It was a pretty even game - which you could have easily won and the end (I thought the header by Jason Pearce(?) had gone in).

I hadn't realised that Warnock had already been booked before his red card. Which I thought would be negative for us, but we managed to score from that free-kick.

I always felt that Le Fondre would score the winner, but replays showed that he was offside when he headed home.

The people in front of me always leave five minutes early - I worked out that they would have missed 20% of our goals since 2011-12.

I reckon Leeds will do very well this season - you seem a very hard side to beat.
The plot thickens Clyde - 7 minutes added time & a goal that shouldn't have stood :(
Norm
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Reading

Post by Norm »

Thanks Clyde.
I'm very disappointed but, realistically, it was a narrow defeat by a slightly better team on the night.
The best of luck to Reading - I hope you get back up there.
Please stay in touch occasionally. Because of you the Royals are now my second Championship team. :)
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Reading

Post by Martyn »

Cheers Clyde.

Good luck for the season - as long as you finish just below us!
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Reading

Post by Emsley »

you lot gonna start holding hands?
;)
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2055
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am

Re: Reading

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote:
The plot thickens Clyde - 7 minutes added time & a goal that shouldn't have stood :(
The time the forth official shows is a minimum time we should have remembered the game is not over untill the final whistle goes as i said in my match report Pearce should have scored in injury time we would not have been moaning then.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79056
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Reading

Post by The Subhuman »

Norm wrote:Thanks Clyde.
I'm very disappointed but, realistically, it was a narrow defeat by a slightly better team on the night.
The best of luck to Reading - I hope you get back up there.
Please stay in touch occasionally. Because of you the Royals are now my second Championship team. :)
they are just about my local team...if you ignore Aldershot ..which is easy to do. Reading is 16 miles from me
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Clyde1998
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:46 pm
Twitter: @Clyde1998
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Contact:

Re: Reading

Post by Clyde1998 »

Thanks everyone. I'll definitely be back on here for the next time we play you - and I'll try and stay relatively active on here until then. :bear:
Norm wrote:Thanks Clyde.
I'm very disappointed but, realistically, it was a narrow defeat by a slightly better team on the night.
The best of luck to Reading - I hope you get back up there.
Please stay in touch occasionally. Because of you the Royals are now my second Championship team. :)
Thanks.

I'm also quite active on a Bournemouth forum, even to the extent that when their site crashed and moved their site link - they asked me to come back. 8-)
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Reading

Post by Twiggster »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: The time the forth official shows is a minimum time we should have remembered the game is not over untill the final whistle goes as i said in my match report Pearce should have scored in injury time we would not have been moaning then.
What is still REALLY annoying me about that game having seen the highlights, is that the ref had already signalled to his linesmen he was about to blow time. If that utter tosser warnock hadn't clattered their player, the lad would have run max a yard further on, before the ref blew. No free kick and no fekkin goal... :evil:
Norm
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Reading

Post by Norm »

Emsley wrote:

you lot gonna start holding hands?
:lol: W*nker!
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Reading

Post by becchio bear »

Norm wrote:
:lol: W*nker!
I don't think it's hand holding that goes on for that Norm :P :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Norm
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Reading

Post by Norm »

becchio bear wrote:

I don't think it's hand holding that goes on for that Norm
:oops: Yes dear!
User avatar
Clyde1998
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:46 pm
Twitter: @Clyde1998
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Contact:

Re: Reading

Post by Clyde1998 »

Image
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79056
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Reading

Post by The Subhuman »

64 been writing letters again....

the pie thing is a giveaway
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Post Reply