I'm off to York
Well.....
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
andywatson
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 490
- Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:18 pm
Re: Well.....
Is that for the snooker?
My 5 year old son dragged me there last week- he had a great time. Would have been there again this weekend, but Neil Robertson got beaten mid week, so he didn't want to go any more. I have had to sooth the pain- we are off to find a snooker club with a full size table for him this afternoon!
My 5 year old son dragged me there last week- he had a great time. Would have been there again this weekend, but Neil Robertson got beaten mid week, so he didn't want to go any more. I have had to sooth the pain- we are off to find a snooker club with a full size table for him this afternoon!
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
-
LUFCRACE
- Manager

- Posts: 3873
- Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
- Twitter: lufcrace
- Location: Wakefield
- Contact:
Re: Well.....
Love York, great city! Chilly though...
BRING BACK BRADDERS
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

-
gessa
Re: Well.....
Remember going there for a few days between Christmas and New Year once, one of the coldest experiences of my life, the pubs were selling as much hot chocolate as alcohol.The minster did look beautiful though, with all the build up of frost on the surrounding trees.LUFCRACE wrote:Love York, great city! Chilly though...
- rich_leeds64
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 4012
- Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
- Twitter: @richleeds64
- Location: Leeds LS27
Re: Well.....
Great place to spend a day. Lots of places to eat and some lovely shops. I can recommend "Rustique " on Castlegate, a small French restaurant, 2 courses £13.95 or 3 for £15.95. Never dissappoints.
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: Well.....
Love York too. Took my girlfriend there for her birthday weekend this year and ate at the Blue Bicycle which was excellent!
I'm stuck in the library doing an assignment today after doing half a pub crawl yesterday... Not my most productive day!
I'm stuck in the library doing an assignment today after doing half a pub crawl yesterday... Not my most productive day!
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14625
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Well.....
I was posted to York in the mid 80's... many memories of the place..
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
-
andywatson
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 490
- Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:18 pm
Re: Well.....
I do remember going out with a girl from your, so ended up going around town a few times. It was the only place ever that someone started on me with the classic "what the F-ing hell are you looking at?" line.
I seem to remember him becoming quite irate when I started laughing at him.
I seem to remember him becoming quite irate when I started laughing at him.
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155140
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Well.....
Wind chill very cold today LuluLUFCRACE wrote:Love York, great city! Chilly though...
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: Well.....
York is great, visit it every time I;m upover.
Time before last I was walking along the cobbled streets when I heard a young woman with an American accent behind me say....'oooh a Starbucks'.
Time before last I was walking along the cobbled streets when I heard a young woman with an American accent behind me say....'oooh a Starbucks'.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- Bakerjamessteven
- First Team

- Posts: 2461
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
- Location: Rochester Kent
Well.....
I've had some great days and nights out in York, love the place, not been for years, need to visit
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155140
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Well.....
Various Christmas presents purchased today
Bought Mrs 64 a stylish short skirt in Monsoon & some gorgeous underwear in M&S
Mrs 64 treated me to a thick wool jumper with zipper at top....popped into HMV and to my surprise found four cd's on my Christmas wish list at good prices 2 for £15....checked Amazon my phone realising it was time to buy now so Mrs 64 did the dutiful thing & came up with the dosh rather than buy me Amazon vouchers as i requested a few weeks ago
War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream
Sharon Van Etten - Are We There
Polar Bear - In Each and Every One (jazz)
Go Go Penguin - v2.0 (jazz)
Then the real treat of the day as ate at one of our favourite places Bettys
We both started off with a glass of mulled wine to warm us up
then.....bacon & rachelle rosti
finishing off with.....warm treacle tart in golden syrup sauce with ice-cream
DELICIOUS !
Headed home back to the wolds singing along to 10cc Very Best Of cd :sing:
Bought Mrs 64 a stylish short skirt in Monsoon & some gorgeous underwear in M&S
Mrs 64 treated me to a thick wool jumper with zipper at top....popped into HMV and to my surprise found four cd's on my Christmas wish list at good prices 2 for £15....checked Amazon my phone realising it was time to buy now so Mrs 64 did the dutiful thing & came up with the dosh rather than buy me Amazon vouchers as i requested a few weeks ago
War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream
Sharon Van Etten - Are We There
Polar Bear - In Each and Every One (jazz)
Go Go Penguin - v2.0 (jazz)
Then the real treat of the day as ate at one of our favourite places Bettys
We both started off with a glass of mulled wine to warm us up
then.....bacon & rachelle rosti
finishing off with.....warm treacle tart in golden syrup sauce with ice-cream
DELICIOUS !
Headed home back to the wolds singing along to 10cc Very Best Of cd :sing:
- John in Louisiana
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 13916
- Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
- Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois
Re: Well.....
Ouch. On behalf of all Americans, I apologise. For both the young lady and the Starbuck's.HarryofOz wrote:York is great, visit it every time I;m upover.
Time before last I was walking along the cobbled streets when I heard a young woman with an American accent behind me say....'oooh a Starbucks'.
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: Well.....
LOLJohn in Louisiana wrote:
Ouch. On behalf of all Americans, I apologise. For both the young lady and the Starbuck's.
![]()
![]()
Of course there is that Australian rugby league player who when asked if he'd enjoyed his holiday in Prague complained that there were no betting shops
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
-
LUFCRACE
- Manager

- Posts: 3873
- Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
- Twitter: lufcrace
- Location: Wakefield
- Contact:
Re: Well.....
and it's going to take a LOT of grovelling...Armleywhite wrote: Apology accepted for the young lady but you can go bollocsk as far as Starbucks is concerned. Your going to have to grovel with that one
BRING BACK BRADDERS
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155140
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Well.....
Does Armlet do the grovelling thingLUFCRACE wrote:
and it's going to take a LOT of grovelling...
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Well.....
Armlet? Some form of mediaeval-gothic fantasy decoration for the bicep?
I think the groveller in question was our Louisianan friend
I think the groveller in question was our Louisianan friend
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.